GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 19:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) for MBA ?

new topic post reply Update application status  

BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) MBA ?

• 83% [5]
  • 16% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) for MBA ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 03:41
Hi all.

I have been accepted into Isenberg with a full scholarship including tuition, fees and a yearly stipend -as all MBA students at Isenberg get a full-ride fellowship-.
I have also been accepted into Questrom with a full tuition scholarship.
I am having trouble deciding between both schools as the COA for Questrom will be ALOT (I will be moving to Massachusetts) compared to the COA for Isenberg (because of the stipend and other expenses paid by the school).

So, which do you think I should chose?
And, does an MBA from Questrom really weigh that much more over an MBA from Isenberg in the job market?

Thanks!
Current Student
B
Re: BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) for MBA ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 12:42
Fortheloveofmusic wrote:
Hi all.

I have been accepted into Isenberg with a full scholarship including tuition, fees and a yearly stipend -as all MBA students at Isenberg get a full-ride fellowship-.
I am having trouble deciding between both schools as the COA for Questrom will be ALOT (I will be moving to Massachusetts) compared to the COA for Isenberg (because of the stipend and other expenses paid by the school).

And, does an MBA from Questrom really weigh that much more over an MBA from Isenberg in the job market?

Thanks!

I currently live in Boston and we do recruit people from BU for our start-up. I have also seen people from BU getting good jobs. I am not much aware of Isenberg's program and so cannot comment on that. It might be helpful to know what are your plans Post-MBA though.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 03:57
himanshu04 wrote:
Fortheloveofmusic wrote:
Hi all.

Thanks!

I currently live in Boston and we do recruit people from BU for our start-up. I have also seen people from BU getting good jobs. I am not much aware of Isenberg's program and so cannot comment on that. It might be helpful to know what are your plans Post-MBA though.

My plans are to work in finance. I haven't chosen a specific field in finance yet, but I'm mainly interested in corporate finance. My undergrad major is engineering, so I'll be making a career switch into finance.
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 05:05
Hello Fortheloveofmusic .... welcome to the community.

I am not the expert.... but BU (Questrom) would be my choice given the circumstances.

I am sure the other experts will get involved to help you out.

Hope this helps!!
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 07:44
u1983 wrote:

I am not the expert.... but BU (Questrom) would be my choice given the circumstances.

Hope this helps!!

I agree BU Questrom will give you more opportunities over UMASS Amherst. But it depends on your personal circumstances (scholarships, loans etc). Questrom has good tie-ups with a lot of healthcare companies and tech firms in Boston and New England area. I know a lot of people going into Deloitte, PWC, EY and Wayfair. I know you would prefer a finance career but I still think BU will give you more options.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 08:08
Fortheloveofmusic

If you need any information on Questrom, you can reach out to stonecold or vivek6199 Both of them are current students at BU.
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 08:18
Are you kidding me!!!
Just come to BU!
Stipend or No Stipend- BU and Isenberg are not in the same bucket.

Reach out with any queries( Responses might be delayed as we have a project submission)

-StoneCold

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 03:33
u1983 , himanshu04 , workout , stonecold

Thank you for replying! I really appreciate the help!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 03:39
himanshu04 wrote:
u1983 wrote:

Hope this helps!!

I agree BU Questrom will give you more opportunities over UMASS Amherst. But it depends on your personal circumstances (scholarships, loans etc). Questrom has good tie-ups with a lot of healthcare companies and tech firms in Boston and New England area. I know a lot of people going into Deloitte, PWC, EY and Wayfair. I know you would prefer a finance career but I still think BU will give you more options.

But, do you think that I can still reach my goal from UMASS?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 03:42
Fortheloveofmusic wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:
u1983 wrote:

Hope this helps!!

Hmm not sure about UMASS. I have not looked into their employment reports or the program. But just by instinct and working in the area, I have not interacted or seen a lot of MBA grads from there. I maybe wrong.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 03:55
himanshu04 wrote:
Fortheloveofmusic wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:

Hmm not sure about UMASS. I have not looked into their employment reports or the program. But just by instinct and working in the area, I have not interacted or seen a lot of MBA grads from there. I maybe wrong.

Yeah, they don't post an employment report on their website, so frankly I haven't seen employment stats either. But, I did contact someone in the school's career service center who assured me that I can easily make the transition into finance from UMASS. But no school is going to tell a prospective student that they can't reach their goals from going to their school, so opinions from someone who works in the school will certainly be biased.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:20
I think the best way would be to reach out to current students and alum. You can also search on LinkedIn to see how many UMASS MBA grads are in the industry/company you are interested.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:45
himanshu04 wrote:
I think the best way would be to reach out to current students and alum. You can also search on LinkedIn to see how many UMASS MBA grads are in the industry/company you are interested.

Good idea. Thanks again!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) for MBA ?   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2019, 07:45

BU (Questrom) vs. UMASS Amherst (Isenberg) for MBA ?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste