GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 06:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: Marketing (Other)
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 16:04
Did anyone interview/got accepted at UCLA? Just received an e-mail by admissions, which is in line with previous years for Anderson, but kinda contradicts an earlier e-mail that they sent announcing a Dec. 15th decision...

"Thank you for your continued interest in UCLA Anderson and The Consortium. Our students and staff really enjoyed getting to know you throughout the admissions process. Now that you have completed your interview, we are continuing with the evaluation of your application, and will contact you if we have any additional questions. We anticipate a final decision on your application by late January. Consortium fellowship and membership decisions will be released in March."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 16:14
JamesBrown11 wrote:
Did anyone interview/got accepted at UCLA? Just received an e-mail by admissions, which is in line with previous years for Anderson, but kinda contradicts an earlier e-mail that they sent announcing a Dec. 15th decision...

"Thank you for your continued interest in UCLA Anderson and The Consortium. Our students and staff really enjoyed getting to know you throughout the admissions process. Now that you have completed your interview, we are continuing with the evaluation of your application, and will contact you if we have any additional questions. We anticipate a final decision on your application by late January. Consortium fellowship and membership decisions will be released in March."

Same email received. Don't think anyone who applied through the consortium has heard back.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 16:19
CONSMBA2017 wrote:
JamesBrown11 wrote:

Same email received. Don't think anyone who applied through the consortium has heard back.

I actually got wait listed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 16:56
In at Tuck with the fellowship!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 18:33
3xuvagrad wrote:

Congratulations!

I got a ding from Haas but hopeful for my two yet-to-announce schools.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 18:54
Accepted to Tuck with the Consortium fellowship! Super excited! Best of luck to all those waiting for R1 decisions and those applying R2!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 07:00
3xuvagrad wrote:

Wow! That's amazing congrats. Hoping to here from Tuck today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 10:23
I got into Virginia Darden last week, but there was no mention of membership or fellowship. Has anyone applying to Darden from Round 1 gotten in and receive the fellowship?

On my admissions page, it shows a link to the CGSM Facebook group so I am a little confused on the status of my fellowship/membership with Darden. Has anyone heard from Virginia on this?

Also, how likely is it to get a fellowship in March if the school did not opt to give you the fellowship when first admitted?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 11:25
wuzzup11154 wrote:
I got into Virginia Darden last week, but there was no mention of membership or fellowship. Has anyone applying to Darden from Round 1 gotten in and receive the fellowship?

On my admissions page, it shows a link to the CGSM Facebook group so I am a little confused on the status of my fellowship/membership with Darden. Has anyone heard from Virginia on this?

Also, how likely is it to get a fellowship in March if the school did not opt to give you the fellowship when first admitted?

Do you have a letter on the homepage of the CGSM website? I'm not sure about membership but for myself and several of my friends who received the fellowship, there's a letter there that spells out details regarding the fellowship and congratulating me for the accomplishment.

For your last question, I heard an AO for a CGSM school say that if you get the fellowship R1, you're super strong and they feel totally confident about your candidacy and if you aren't strong you will be denied. He stated that for some candidates, the admissions committee is unsure about the strength of your app and how it will fare out (against the rest of the pool that will be submitting in R2). So, the school holds off on offering you the fellowship until the draft. So to answer your question, after they get all of the R2 apps, they can come back and offer it to you. I would say it's more unlikely but, yes, it does happen.
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 12:02
After 3 back to back dings I'm glad to have secured a second admit from a consortium school. For those that go through this process just remember don't take the dings personal just because one school doesn't see things you in it doesn't mean others won't.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 13:13
Does anyone know if Johnson awards any fellowships during R1?

I'm still slightly confused how some schools give out the fellowship during R1 and others wait until the draft.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 13:20
AT1990 wrote:
Does anyone know if Johnson awards any fellowships during R1?

I'm still slightly confused how some schools give out the fellowship during R1 and others wait until the draft.

My understanding is that the school has to be your number one choice. If you didn't get into you number one school or if they passed on you for the fellowship, then you have to wait for the draft where the other schools get a chance to give it to you. If you didn't rank Johnson as #1 then they have to wait till March.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 13:37
wuzzup11154 wrote:

Yes - I received a consortium fellow for Darden in round 1

If you received the fellowship, there would be two links when you open your decision: The first link congratulates you on your acceptance, and the second link details the consortium fellowship.

I hope that helps!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 11:30
Just received the call from Marshall. They told me straight up they weren't able to give me the fellowship since I hadn't ranked them first haha, kind of awkward.

Regardless it's good news, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Current Student
B
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 11:42
CONSMBA2017 wrote:
Just received the call from Marshall. They told me straight up they weren't able to give me the fellowship since I hadn't ranked them first haha, kind of awkward.

Congrats on the acceptance. It makes me wonder if the schools saw where we ranked them prior to the acceptance or post the acceptance.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 11:54
Tooswolle wrote:
CONSMBA2017 wrote:

Congrats on the acceptance. It makes me wonder if the schools saw where we ranked them prior to the acceptance or post the acceptance.

Thanks! I thought the same thing, she made sure to say "we see your ranking after we've submitted a decision" but who knows how much truth to that there really is.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 21:24
Does anyone know the recommender questions? I did some searching and can't seem to locate them. Thanks in advance for any help.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: Marketing (Other)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 04:56
The schools that I ranked 5th and 6th accepted me as well, so I wouldn't read too much into if they see the rankings beforehand or not...
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 13:55
Admitted to McCombs with fellowship :).
Current Student
GPA: 2.9
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 18:53
redyoshi1990 wrote:
Admitted to McCombs with fellowship :).

Nice!

I was accepted as well and they were pretty clear that I did not get fellowship. I was pretty bummed because I thought they wouldn't decide until the draft if I didn't rank them number 1.
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! &nbs [#permalink] 22 Dec 2016, 18:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  32    Next  [ 628 posts ] 

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap