It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 18:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 13:07
Is it recommended to complete the Core Essay #2? Or is it like the typical optional essay on business school apps where you list any employment gaps, extenuating circumstances, etc?

The way the prompt is written, you can write about anything you want. I don't want to be dinged if I leave it blank.

Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps, test scores, etc. (Optional)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 13:33
ASPEBoston wrote:
Hello everyone,
I could not find the recommender questions for The Consortium on-line. My recommender already got the invite and she shared the questions with me... Posting them here in case it helps!

1. How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? * Characters left in your response 1000

2. Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career. * . Characters left in your response 1000

3. What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career? *
Characters left in your response 1000

4. Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant. *


Very helpful; thanks for posting.

Was there a character limit on the last question?
Was there an area for the recommender to upload a letter, or do they just fill out a box?
D
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 17
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 14:06
fizzypop wrote:
ASPEBoston wrote:
Hello everyone,
I could not find the recommender questions for The Consortium on-line. My recommender already got the invite and she shared the questions with me... Posting them here in case it helps!

1. How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? * Characters left in your response 1000

2. Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career. * . Characters left in your response 1000

3. What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career? *
Characters left in your response 1000

4. Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant. *


Very helpful; thanks for posting.

Was there a character limit on the last question?
Was there an area for the recommender to upload a letter, or do they just fill out a box?
D


All questions have a 1,000 character limit. My recommenders filled a box with text. Maybe there is an option to upload a document (not sure) but they said it was only a text box.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 16
Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 10:50
fizzypop wrote:
Is it recommended to complete the Core Essay #2? Or is it like the typical optional essay on business school apps where you list any employment gaps, extenuating circumstances, etc?

The way the prompt is written, you can write about anything you want. I don't want to be dinged if I leave it blank.

Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps, test scores, etc. (Optional)


I thought of it like the typical optional essay on business school apps and left it blank - was ultimately admitted without it. I'd say use it only if there is really something to say that you feel needs to be said and doesn't fit anywhere else on the app.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 6
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 11:14
ferris734 wrote:
fizzypop wrote:
Is it recommended to complete the Core Essay #2? Or is it like the typical optional essay on business school apps where you list any employment gaps, extenuating circumstances, etc?

The way the prompt is written, you can write about anything you want. I don't want to be dinged if I leave it blank.

Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps, test scores, etc. (Optional)


I thought of it like the typical optional essay on business school apps and left it blank - was ultimately admitted without it. I'd say use it only if there is really something to say that you feel needs to be said and doesn't fit anywhere else on the app.



I was actually a bit confused about this too. :?

Consortium's Core Essay 2 (optional) will be viewed by all schools that you apply to, in addition to each school's optional essay.
For someone who needs to write the optional essay, how does one differentiate between the contents of Core Essay 2 and each school's Optional Essay?
They feel like they can both have a lot of overlap in content.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 16
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 11:36
nadirhashmi wrote:
ferris734 wrote:
fizzypop wrote:
Is it recommended to complete the Core Essay #2? Or is it like the typical optional essay on business school apps where you list any employment gaps, extenuating circumstances, etc?

The way the prompt is written, you can write about anything you want. I don't want to be dinged if I leave it blank.

Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps, test scores, etc. (Optional)


I thought of it like the typical optional essay on business school apps and left it blank - was ultimately admitted without it. I'd say use it only if there is really something to say that you feel needs to be said and doesn't fit anywhere else on the app.



I was actually a bit confused about this too. :?

Consortium's Core Essay 2 (optional) will be viewed by all schools that you apply to, in addition to each school's optional essay.
For someone who needs to write the optional essay, how does one differentiate between the contents of Core Essay 2 and each school's Optional Essay?
They feel like they can both have a lot of overlap in content.


I think being a little repetitive is fine for those essays. Core Essay #1 also overlaps with several schools' specific essays, so back when I applied I spoke with an admissions officer from Tuck who told me it's fine to repeat yourself because they typically only glance at the Consortium Core Essays and spend much more of their time reviewing their school specific essays. Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.27
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 15:47
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

Hypothetically, if I applied to Darden R1 not through the Consortium and got admitted, can I be considered for fellowship if I submit my CGSM membership for R2? I would not submit another Darden application, but rather list them on "I wish to be considered for fellowship by the following school(s) in the order listed below. You may be considered for as many as six schools using the common application."
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 47
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 16:02
NickC137 wrote:
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

Hypothetically, if I applied to Darden R1 not through the Consortium and got admitted, can I be considered for fellowship if I submit my CGSM membership for R2? I would not submit another Darden application, but rather list them on "I wish to be considered for fellowship by the following school(s) in the order listed below. You may be considered for as many as six schools using the common application."


No. You must be considered for admission through your Consortium application. Consortium members have a different timeline than regular applicants anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 21
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 18:51
Stupid question, I'm sure: Does the amount of schools matter for The Consortium? I've seen mixed advice throughout the interwebs. Recommendations are a pain for me to come by (everyone is too busy) so I wanted to lump in and use all 6, then apply to my 2 other non-consortium schools with other recommenders. However, I've seen several forums online saying that you should never use all 6 spots. Makes you look like a flip-flopping candidate (just hedging my bets just in case).

What do you guys think? Does it matter to a school if you use all 6 slots or just 4?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 08:46
So relieved that I hit the submit button! Hope my January Deadline applicant peers feel great too :-)

greatmightypoo - The only advice I have seen online is that Haas might look down on 6 applications. I did bring this question directly to admissions member Morgan Bernstein when I talked to her at a Consortium event, and she said using all 6 spots was totally fine, but who knows if they view it poorly during admissions/scholarship determination.

I ended up applying to four schools (and not Haas), for what it's worth.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 17:13
Hey guys, quick question - how many of you are part of the MLT program? I just wonder how/if MLT works with the Consortium. I am not part of MLT and wondered if that is a disadvantage.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 18:23
Is anyone else trying to submit upload essays? It’s not working for me.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4971
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 19:41
Good luck to all CGSM R2 applicants. Please update your status on Consortium Decision Tracker. It will provide us stats and helpful information to analyze admission trends. Thank you!
_________________

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 17
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 21:11
mba2018pls wrote:
Hey guys, quick question - how many of you are part of the MLT program? I just wonder how/if MLT works with the Consortium. I am not part of MLT and wondered if that is a disadvantage.


Not being part of MLT won't negatively impact your application. Being part of MLT has its own benefits, like peer support during the app, profile/essay help, and GMAT preparation. I think it is a valuable program, but if you are not a member don't fret about it. I am not a member (although if I had found out about them earlier I might have joined).

Good luck with your app!

Last edited by ASPEBoston on 05 Jan 2018, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 17
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 21:12
dan3067 wrote:
So relieved that I hit the submit button! Hope my January Deadline applicant peers feel great too :-)

greatmightypoo - The only advice I have seen online is that Haas might look down on 6 applications. I did bring this question directly to admissions member Morgan Bernstein when I talked to her at a Consortium event, and she said using all 6 spots was totally fine, but who knows if they view it poorly during admissions/scholarship determination.

I ended up applying to four schools (and not Haas), for what it's worth.


So relieved as well! Now up to complete my Sloan application and all done!

It was a race against the clock, but I was able to submit at 11:52 :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V36
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 14:07
So had issues with uploading the NYU Pick Six due to size of the images...which caused my app to be late by 3 mins!! My app says submitted at 12:02 AM 1/6 for round2 consortium. Does anyone know if this will negatively impact my apps or have heard of similar horror stories? super nervous.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 15:39
ASPEBoston wrote:
dan3067 wrote:
So relieved that I hit the submit button! Hope my January Deadline applicant peers feel great too :-)

greatmightypoo - The only advice I have seen online is that Haas might look down on 6 applications. I did bring this question directly to admissions member Morgan Bernstein when I talked to her at a Consortium event, and she said using all 6 spots was totally fine, but who knows if they view it poorly during admissions/scholarship determination.

I ended up applying to four schools (and not Haas), for what it's worth.


So relieved as well! Now up to complete my Sloan application and all done!

It was a race against the clock, but I was able to submit at 11:52 :D


Haha cut it close but you met the deadline, in the clear! :grin:

Same page for me! Sloan's prompt is so different than the others.

Also, I am curious ASPEBoston -- what is your area of interest? We have nearly the same schools on our application list!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 17
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:13
geeked4bschool wrote:
So had issues with uploading the NYU Pick Six due to size of the images...which caused my app to be late by 3 mins!! My app says submitted at 12:02 AM 1/6 for round2 consortium. Does anyone know if this will negatively impact my apps or have heard of similar horror stories? super nervous.


Hey I heard of someone who had payment issues and ended up submitting at 12:02 in R1... It was still accepted, but not sure if it would impact negatively or not. I would call or email the consortium tomorrow to be sure :)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 17
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:15
dan3067 wrote:
ASPEBoston wrote:
dan3067 wrote:
So relieved that I hit the submit button! Hope my January Deadline applicant peers feel great too :-)

greatmightypoo - The only advice I have seen online is that Haas might look down on 6 applications. I did bring this question directly to admissions member Morgan Bernstein when I talked to her at a Consortium event, and she said using all 6 spots was totally fine, but who knows if they view it poorly during admissions/scholarship determination.

I ended up applying to four schools (and not Haas), for what it's worth.


So relieved as well! Now up to complete my Sloan application and all done!

It was a race against the clock, but I was able to submit at 11:52 :D


Haha cut it close but you met the deadline, in the clear! :grin:

Same page for me! Sloan's prompt is so different than the others.

Also, I am curious ASPEBoston -- what is your area of interest? We have nearly the same schools on our application list!



I am interested in Entrepreneurship long term, and working in a start-up (Marketing or Strategy) short term :) what about you?
Yep pretty similar selection! Good luck- now the waiting game starts :suspect :dazed
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 47
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 12:23
Hi guys. Does anyone know if the Consortium Fellowship covers the total cost of tuition? The literature on the site is vague.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2018, 12:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 209 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.