GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 19:56
Let's connect here and start helping each other! We can talk about next steps, funding, moving to Ithaca, welcome weekend etc..

Full Time

1 Year

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 20:08
I used to live in the Ithaca area and would be happy to provide any info

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 21:15

Helpful Tips, Wisdom, Feelings shared by previous Johnson admits..

br0 wrote:
SherLocked2018 wrote:
when will the 2Y MBA class at Johnson start?
Is it End of July? or August?

I believe there is a mandatory event at the end of July. Exemption exams and math camp also happen at the end of July.

dtse86 wrote:
gdyste wrote:
Does anyone know when pre-term (math camp) starts? Trying to decide when to leave my current position.

It's typically the week before Orientation (usually the last week of July).

nsusername wrote:
MBAtracker wrote:
Have you guys accepted your offers/ paid first deposits yet? Any of the 2Y folks hear back from the school after that? Waiting for my jconnect login and/or facebook group invite!

I am admitted to 1 year programme and have made an enquiry about JConnect with the admissions officer. I have been told that i should receive an email from IT department in couple of weeks for the invite to register. Once registered we should have access to JConnect.

kheown wrote:
I just got the package! Lots of swag: a scarf, a postcard and a pair of sunglasses!! :)

However... I didnt receive the letter of admission! :shock: I guess the online letter should suffice but all the other schools I was admitted to actually mailed the letter. Did any of you receive the letter with your package?

kheown

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2017, 04:22
Jealous of the swag bag! I'm guessing I didn't get that since I'm only in the 1-year program. The acceptance is enough for me, though! I paid the deposit right away and RSVPed for Accelerate Johnson, but haven't gotten any emails about the application verification yet.

I would recommend lining up housing early - it's an expensive and limited market. And the fact that the AMBA starts before Cornell graduation makes it near impossible to find reasonable housing in May. I signed a lease at the Six Mile Lofts since I wanted something similar to my current place and already have my own furniture, but the lease is June to June, in accordance with the school year. I'm hoping I can connect with some of the students I stayed with during JWiB to see if anyone will let me rent their couch for a month until my apartment is available.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 13:53
When does everyone start looking at housing? Is it at Destination Johnson(April 20th - 22nd)?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Johnson '20
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 09:06
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
When does everyone start looking at housing? Is it at Destination Johnson(April 20th - 22nd)?

Curious to know this as well!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 13:22
Any international acceptances?

Also anyone started with the verification/background check process yet?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 13:41
Hello all! International candidate here :). Accepted just this week!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 13:08
Hi everyone!
Has any of you submitted the 'Declaration of Finances' form to the AdCom?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 05:52
Got admitted to the 1 year MBA program yesterday. Received Scholarship as well. Are there any other scholarships I(Female, Indian) could look for ?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 10:03
I am also in. Got my acceptance mail on 1st of Feb. Indian male currently in Bangalore.

Did you guys receive the scholarship email with the acceptance mail or was it a different email?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 12:10
Pillarsofcreation wrote:
I am also in. Got my acceptance mail on 1st of Feb. Indian male currently in Bangalore.

Did you guys receive the scholarship email with the acceptance mail or was it a different email?

Congratulations!

The scholarship was mentioned in the decision letter, itself. Did not receive a separate mail.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 05:54
I think I have not received the decision letter that you're talking about. I've only received a congratulations mail in which it is mentioned that

"You should receive an email very shortly with your official offer of admission and additional details regarding next steps to enrollment."

Did you guys get the scholarship in the first mail or was there a second email with the decision letter?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 10:05
Pillarsofcreation wrote:
I think I have not received the decision letter that you're talking about. I've only received a congratulations mail in which it is mentioned that

"You should receive an email very shortly with your official offer of admission and additional details regarding next steps to enrollment."

Did you guys get the scholarship in the first mail or was there a second email with the decision letter?

After that first mail, I received an email about the admissions decision (to be checked on the portal). The decision letter on the portal had the scholarship details mentioned.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 09:17
Did anyone of you start with the Re Vera background check? Have you gathered any information on how its supposed to go?
Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 15:35
Has anyone talked to any current student yet? How are the placement scenarios? I heard that there are some issues for internationals :(
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 19:24
Hi, I have completed my interview for 1 year MBA. Now the status is changed from 'Schedule Interview' to 'Under Review'. Does it mean anything in negative? I mean for selected students, is it changed to selected? Can someone who had a similar experience update me please?

My Apologies for asking this in an admit group.
1 KUDOS received
Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 21:07
mraformba wrote:
Hi, I have completed my interview for 1 year MBA. Now the status is changed from 'Schedule Interview' to 'Under Review'. Does it mean anything in negative? I mean for selected students, is it changed to selected? Can someone who had a similar experience update me please?

Hi,

My status remained under review after my interview for at least 11 days. On the 12th day, I received my admit.
So, I think Under Review does not means negative or positive. It is just that you are 'Under Review' :geek:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 23:34
mspmet wrote:
mraformba wrote:

Hi,

My status remained under review after my interview for at least 11 days. On the 12th day, I received my admit.
So, I think Under Review does not means negative or positive. It is just that you are 'Under Review' :geek:

Thank you mate :) :-D
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 11:13
Hi!

I learnt about the welcome package received by some admitted candidates; however, I did not receive any :(. Anyone else?
Re: Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake) &nbs [#permalink] 24 Feb 2018, 11:13

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 21 posts ] 

Calling all Admits: Cornell Johnson Full Time & 1yr MBA (2018 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap