Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q800 V360
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
Hi,

Just had a few questions regarding the recommendations. So I switched jobs a year ago and my current employer is not aware of my mba plans, therefore I cannot take a recommendation from my superior here. I was earlier planning to take both from my previous supervisors but was advised to just go with the last one since the other would be way too long back.

Is it fine if I take one from my senior peers at my current job, one who has 8-9 years of work experience and has moved on as well. We worked together for 10 months.

Also on the extra recommendation, does it make sense to get a personal recommendation from someone senior professional in the industry.

Best,
K
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
This is an absolutely fine plan, and I don't think this will jeopardize your candidacy in any way. However I would recommend that you mention in the additional information section that you are keeping your intentions confidential which is the reason that your supervisor is not one of your recommenders.

Make sure that everybody is telling an anecdote firsthand that shows they have observed you demonstrating leadership teamwork problem-solving and initiative.

The additional recommendation is truly additional you don't need to have three people, and it's actually a little better for you to wait until the middle of the process may be around interview time for you to bring this one forth.

It's ideal for you to have an alum of the school but I think your idea is also good. However it's also a test in judgement!

Meaning, it should only be someone who is bringing a different angle to your application supplementary to the rest of what you already have.

Don't move forward with a third recommender just to fill the space that's not going to work to your advantage.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Interesting article on LBS vs. INSEAD https://find-mba.com/articles/mba-schoo ... ead-vs-lbs
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Just submitted my app and the video essays for R1. Fingers crossed!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck, "amazingguy" lol you're killing me with that screenname.

amazingguy wrote:
Just submitted my app and the video essays for R1. Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Haha, thanks coach ;)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
Send PM
Hi all - Random question - The front page of the application has a place to include a profile photo. Is this necessary/ recommended? I would rather not include one if I don't have to, but open to suggestions!

Good luck for all R1 applicants =]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi all!
Application and video interview submitted.
MBAPrepCoach, here are my questions:
1) how important it is to you to contribute to society?
2) 3 key characteristics that motivated you to apply to INSEAD
3) describe an experience in which you were positively impacted when interacting with someone from a different culture. How did this impact you?
4) How meaningful should your career be to be considered successful?

good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi applicants,

I'm a graduate from INSEAD 2013J batch.
I, along with many other INSEADers (60+ to be precise, including both current students and alumni) have come together through a portal to connect with INSEAD applicants and help them with their admissions.

We can review your essays, conduct mock interviews for you and give you feedback that improves your story.
Please get in touch with me if you are interested.

Once I understand your profile, I will redirect you to one of our team members who has a similar background as yours. (same country/industry/job role/post MBA goal)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
P. Kumar.

Note: Admin, please remove this post if this isn't the right place for it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
In for INSEAD.
Video interview was a bit awkward.
2/4 were ok. The other 2 not so much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
hello everyone,

I am looking to apply for INSEAD intake in December 2020. Applying in R2 hopefully (if I get everything as planned).
I have given my GMAT in 2017, scored 680, considering to retake it to push it beyond 710+. I assume I have a pretty decent shot for the admit based on the following:

A brief about my background:
-Indian female, more than 6yrs of work ex with the public sector.
-Working as Petroleum engineer along with supply chain management and enterprise resource planning profile.
-Working with clients from USA, Austria, Canada, Russia, China, and Singapore
-IELTS gave in 2018. Overall band 7
- Travels in Europe for 2 months every year, but its all personal trip for cultural exchange and food experience
- GPA 6.8/10 (It is still first class as per university rules, but I believe it kinda sucks), Have Btech (petroleum engineering)
-Represents my company in athletics at the national sports meet
-Also tried my hands on entrepreneurship by starting a clothing line on the sides (have to put it on hold due to timing constraint with a full-time job and financing it too) and a food truck (It failed due to HR management issues)

However, I have started researching ideas for the essay and wondering what to do about the following:
1. Should i re-appear for IELTS. Is overall band 7 (LRW scores are 8,7,6.5 and speaking 6.5) dunno why speaking got 6.5 (Considering to apply for re-evaluation too, but its too much of hassle)
2. Does traveling in Europe counted as international exposure?
3. Recommendation letter other than the employee, who is the best-suited choice to get one from: either international clients or professor from college.
4. How do you think I can offset a poor GPA in my Btech.

Feel free to give suggestions and comments about my profile and ideas about the issues listed above.
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shail2509,

thank you for your post.

Let me address your questions.

1. Should i re-appear for IELTS. Is overall band 7 (LRW scores are 8,7,6.5 and speaking 6.5) dunno why speaking got 6.5 (Considering to apply for re-evaluation too, but its too much of hassle)

If your university studies were taught in English, you don't need to provide proof of English. In any case, INSEAD recommends an IELTS of at least 7.5.

2. Does traveling in Europe counted as international exposure?

Yes, it counts. However, please note that you'll be competing against other Indians with several years of international experience, studying and/or working in multiple countries.

3. Recommendation letter other than the employee, who is the best-suited choice to get one from: either international clients or professor from college.

Recommenders must comment about aspects such as your career progression and potential for senior leadership. Most college professors are not able to address these aspects, therefore in your case, it would be recommended to ask an international client that has worked closely to you.

4. How do you think I can offset a poor GPA in my Btech.

The best way is through a high GMAT. As an Indian, you want to score at least 20-30 points above INSEAD's average, therefore aim at 730-740 minimum.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Alex
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does any one know in general how much in advance of the deadline does INSEAD usually issue interview invites? The official interview release date for Round 1 is given as March 22, so I want to understand whether all the invites are issued together on that date or it starts earlier in batches?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Hi amazingguy

They are not issued all at once. As I've heard and seen with a little research, INSEAD may start to send interview invites 10 days prior to the deadline.
Good luck!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks tsuxinhah !

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hello Amazingguy!

I received interview invite and admit on the notification day.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting

amazingguy wrote:
Does any one know in general how much in advance of the deadline does INSEAD usually issue interview invites? The official interview release date for Round 1 is given as March 22, so I want to understand whether all the invites are issued together on that date or it starts earlier in batches?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
amazingguy wrote:

Hi amazingguy,

The invites are usually sent out in batches over the entire interview notification week but do take note that it is possible for some candidates to receive their invites earlier (towards the end of the previous week).

Another thing to take note is that your AO will be sending invites over the entire week so don't get overly worried even if your AO has already reached out to other candidates. Stay optimistic and be positive while awaiting news and please don't stress yourself out! Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts