GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 00:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 22:39
Hi kunaldatt7, wow, that is unfortunate. I HOPE THIS SERVES AS A CAUTIONARY TALE for all the R2 applicants on this thread to coach your recommenders through the (almost unreasonably) long recommendation questions ASAP, giving them plenty of time to draft quality responses. Given the option, choose recommenders who are willing to work openly.

I haven't run across this situation before but I think you are wise to consider submitting an additional letter; I would put this to your AO and honestly, you can be just as candid with them as you are with me. Indicate their remarks and why you would like to make sure they receive a quality recommendation from a mentor who will be able to invest the time needed without deadline pressure.

kunaldatt7 wrote:
Dear Farrell,

Thank you so much for your reply. As suggested I requested the recommendation from my senior colleague at the last job itself and mentioned the reason in my application. I was able to submit everything in the deadline but after discussing with my recommenders they said they had under estimated the LOR for INSEAD and it was not the strongest one they could give, with the time constraint. (made a mistake by not sharing it with them long ago) An INSEAD alum has also recommended me directly, I wanted to know if there is a point in getting a personal recommendation from a senior industry professional (as mentioned before) which might provide a different perspective than the professional ones and how will this be possible. (Also you mentioned around interview time, did you mean once shortlisted for the interview or closer to the shortlisting date)

Best,
K

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
This is an absolutely fine plan, and I don't think this will jeopardize your candidacy in any way. However I would recommend that you mention in the additional information section that you are keeping your intentions confidential which is the reason that your supervisor is not one of your recommenders.

Make sure that everybody is telling an anecdote firsthand that shows they have observed you demonstrating leadership teamwork problem-solving and initiative.

The additional recommendation is truly additional you don't need to have three people, and it's actually a little better for you to wait until the middle of the process may be around interview time for you to bring this one forth.

It's ideal for you to have an alum of the school but I think your idea is also good. However it's also a test in judgement!

Meaning, it should only be someone who is bringing a different angle to your application supplementary to the rest of what you already have.

Don't move forward with a third recommender just to fill the space that's not going to work to your advantage.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 22:43
INSEAD R2 APPLICANTS: my narrated PowerPoint on motivation essay 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAAVeoge3A
The audio is a bit loud at the top of each slide - I get it - have since learned much (and applied little) about podcasting audio shiz!

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

INSEAD Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 10:59
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
INSEAD R2 APPLICANTS: my narrated PowerPoint on motivation essay 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAAVeoge3A
The audio is a bit loud at the top of each slide - I get it - have since learned much (and applied little) about podcasting audio shiz!

This is awesome Farrell! Appreciate the great effort put into making this guide and I am sure this will be a very useful reference for all future INSEAD applicants!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 03:14
Does INSEAD typically call all those invited to interview or is it done by email?
ARLee Consulting
G
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 04:55
Hi kebabcurry,

typically, you're notified about the interview invitation by email.

Best,
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 05:06
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi kebabcurry,

typically, you're notified about the interview invitation by email.

Best,
Alex

Thanks Alex.

I assume this is done in the week leading up to the interview notification deadline? Some people claim receiving interview invites up to a week beforehand.
Do rejections follow a similar pattern?
ARLee Consulting
G
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 05:23
Hi kebabcurry,

yeah, INSEAD starts sending out invites around ~10 days prior to the interview notification deadline. This means that some people might get the invite the week before the deadline, and some people closer to it.

Rejections without interview will be sent after that.

I hope this helps.
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 05:28
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi kebabcurry,

yeah, INSEAD starts sending out invites around ~10 days prior to the interview notification deadline. This means that some people might get the invite the week before the deadline, and some people closer to it.

Rejections without interview will be sent after that.

I hope this helps.
Alex

Thanks for your wisdom!

Going to be an anxiety filled next 2 weeks :lol:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:36
Just received my interview invite via email. Stoked
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:44
kebabcurry wrote:

Congrats! Could you share your region?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:50
tailwind0617 wrote:
kebabcurry wrote:

Congrats! Could you share your region?

I am based in AsiaPac.

The email mentioned they would send the details of 2 alumni over shortly.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 05:03
As a data point on video interview weight, I will add that I don't think I did fantastic in the video interview. 2/4 were ok. 1 of them I was cut off mid sentence. The other I completely misinterpreted the question and only realised half way through that what I was saying was completely unrelated to the question.
Intern
Intern
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Mar 2019, 07:23
kebabcurry wrote:
As a data point on video interview weight, I will add that I don't think I did fantastic in the video interview. 2/4 were ok. 1 of them I was cut off mid sentence. The other I completely misinterpreted the question and only realised half way through that what I was saying was completely unrelated to the question.

Thank you for sharing. I'm also based in Asia Pacific:)Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by tailwind0617 on 12 Mar 2019, 05:57.
Last edited by tailwind0617 on 12 Mar 2019, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 07:00
kebabcurry wrote:

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 08:55
Just got invited to interview! Excited!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 12:06
I also got my email inviting me to an interview today too around 5pm. I'm English but based in Spain with work.

Interviews will be 'over the next few weeks' so will update when it's booked in and provide info. Good luck to all others waiting.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 14:01
Congratulations kebabcurry, WaitlistMuch and Mottershead1!!!
Good luck to all of us still waiting!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 17:05
juralvesf wrote:
Congratulations kebabcurry, WaitlistMuch and Mottershead1!!!
Good luck to all of us still waiting!

Thank you very much! And good luck to everyone still waiting. Fingers crossed for all of you!

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 00:00
Congratulations kebabcurry, WaitlistMuch and Mottershead1

We have a few latest INSEAD interview experiences listed in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/i ... brief.html

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 02:34
Hi all question for the experts. Are INSEAD interviews typically done in English? Whilst I meet the 2nd language requirements, I'm not exactly comfortable interviewing in my second language and afraid that I would not be able to articulate myself as clearly or elegantly as I would in English

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 02:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 160 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap