[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "201_school_count"
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2023 Intake : INSEAD - Page 3
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 06:55 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 06:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2023 Intake [#permalink]
Hi BommakP , stellar GMAT score! However it is difficult to decipher career progression from the brief intro you provided. I would be interested to know how have you grown in your career in the last 9 years and what kept you at Amazon for so long? Any opportunities where you led teams to resolve conflicts, worked with a truly diverse group of stakeholders and demonstrated empathetic leadership, do expand on those. INSEAD is somewhat fixated on diversity initiatives and international motivation so make sure that comes across through and through from the life experiences you have lived.
ECs are reasonable but portray an interesting narrative.
You have not mentioned your post MBA goals which are an extremely important deciding factor in the application decision. Make sure you have researched your target industry/geography/ companies thoroughly and your goals sound rational.

If you wish to seek professional guidance from an INSEAD alum and ex admissions interviewer, do reach out.

Best wishes

BommakP wrote:
Hello,

Can you please help me with my profile evaluation for Insead

I’m an Indian Chartered Accountant & Certified Management Accountant working as a financial analyst in Amazon. GMAT Score- 770, Undergraduate (61%) from IGNOU university. Overall work experience -108 months (including 3 years of CA articleship). Outside of work, I love to sing & dance & practicing Ukulele from few month with the intention of starting my own band! Also involved in voluntary work & fundraising activities from past 5 years.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi , can someone pls tell me where are the sample video questions posted ( latest for jan intake ) . Thanks a lot
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Pari123 wrote:
Hi , can someone pls tell me where are the sample video questions posted ( latest for jan intake ) . Thanks a lot

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-kira- ... 50956.html

You should not try to prepare each it is likely that you will get different ones, read the whole list and understand what type of questions they do, practice answering it on the go.

Best of luck!
Pablo
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think getting familiar with the format and understanding how much 60 seconds feels like is very important thing to do But I also think it’s a good idea to go through the questions and just have an idea in mind. It’s likely to be useful for the process overall with other interviews, It’s not possible to prep for all of them but it would be more pleasant to have an idea and develop it than spend all the prep time trying to figure something out while you’re stressed out

I have a pretty long list of questions https://mbaessaycoaching.com/b/video-es ... hed=Insead

Originally posted by MBAPrepCoach on 23 Feb 2022, 03:35.
Last edited by MBAPrepCoach on 23 Feb 2022, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 261
Send PM
Hello guys !

A prompt question in the supporting documents they ask us to upload the Gmat document , do they mean the unofficial score, so I should just scan it and send it to them? (A follow up question do they need us to send the official score before the decision is made or after?) regarding toefl I suppose I should just send them the pdf file from ETS?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Can someone please clarify the time given for video interviews after you submit your application?

Some sources say its 48 hours after submission of your application (irrespective of date), some say it till 48 hours after the application deadline date, and some say its by the application deadline date (by 11:59pm French time on that day).

Just confused.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
UNSTOPPABLE12 wrote:
Hello guys !

A prompt question in the supporting documents they ask us to upload the Gmat document , do they mean the unofficial score, so I should just scan it and send it to them? (A follow up question do they need us to send the official score before the decision is made or after?) regarding toefl I suppose I should just send them the pdf file from ETS?

Upload the official score, you get it at MBA.com; if not send the unofficial but you should have sent the official through GMAC already.

They need the scores way before making the decision! Yes for TOEFL, but again, you need to have ETS send your TOEFL score to the school directly, your attachments alone are worth nothing.

Regards,
Pablo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vmmMBA wrote:
Can someone please clarify the time given for video interviews after you submit your application?

Some sources say its 48 hours after submission of your application (irrespective of date), some say it till 48 hours after the application deadline date, and some say its by the application deadline date (by 11:59pm French time on that day).

Just confused.

Sorry for my misleading answer, used to be like the Recommendation Letters, up to 48h after the application deadline.

Always look at official sources, it is by the Application Deadline date, if you miss it, no big issue, but you will have to wait 3-4 days and will be considered for the following round.

So consider that it would take 1h from when you submit your application till you get the Kira link, plan ahead, and do not play with time, they acknowledge that they may be system issues due to the high volumes at last-minute.

Best of luck!
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for your reply Pablo!

I just got clarity from INSEAD. It's up to 48 hours after deadline date.

Quoted from the mail I received:

"To be included in Round 1 of the January 2023 intake, please complete your online application with your two recommendations up to and including the deadline date 1 March 2022. Your video component has to be submitted at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline, EOD 3 March 2022."

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vmmMBA wrote:
Thanks for your reply Pablo!

I just got clarity from INSEAD. It's up to 48 hours after deadline date.

Quoted from the mail I received:

"To be included in Round 1 of the January 2023 intake, please complete your online application with your two recommendations up to and including the deadline date 1 March 2022. Your video component has to be submitted at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline, EOD 3 March 2022."

Makes sense then, I found here that it is mentioned too: https://intheknow.insead.edu/blog/mba-v ... rview-tips

I asked them to clarify if possible on the Applications section of the website, in the past the 48h added time was mentioned.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Yeah, I got confused coz the application portal before submission said video interview needs to be done by application deadline and then the Kira Talent mail I received said we have time up to 48 hours from deadline.

So I was like which one is it..

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vmmMBA wrote:
Yeah, I got confused coz the application portal before submission said video interview needs to be done by application deadline and then the Kira Talent mail I received said we have time up to 48 hours from deadline.

So I was like which one is it..

Is quite confusing as in other Kira documentation they also mention the deadline date alone...

Hopefully they fix all that wording.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Should we expect interview decision by 5th April only? Does anyone know if invites could be sent before 5th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
GayatriDw wrote:
Should we expect interview decision by 5th April only? Does anyone know if invites could be sent before 5th?

As per last year trend , Indian applicants usually receive the notification on the decision date only. Others start receiving two weeks post submission date.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
anc666 wrote:
GayatriDw wrote:

As per last year trend , Indian applicants usually receive the notification on the decision date only. Others start receiving two weeks post submission date.

Not sure of it depends on nationality, but you can receive an interview email before the deadline, dings usually on the deadline, sometimes they may even have to delay the deasline a few days (if someone gets sick, etc)

Just focus on something else for the waiting time, your part is done ;)

Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Strongly agree with this, worrying wont change the outcome. So sometimes its a good idea to just work on an app for HEC or IMD IESE LBS whatever just to distract yourself from worry and rumination.

pabpinor wrote:
anc666 wrote:
GayatriDw wrote:

Not sure of it depends on nationality, but you can receive an interview email before the deadline, dings usually on the deadline, sometimes they may even have to delay the deasline a few days (if someone gets sick, etc)

Just focus on something else for the waiting time, your part is done ;)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
GPA: 4
Send PM
hi.. for international graduates whats the job prospects in marketing field post mba from insead. ive heard getting jobs for marketing roles for international graduates is rare.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5  ...  25   
Moderator:
3773 posts