Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:19 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:19
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.25
WE:Sales (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.25
WE:Sales (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
the prep questions on kira platform are good enough for practicing. if you scroll up a bit and search ’kira’ on the page, you will find some helpful tips from a few consultants

i would suggest recording yourself while answering the practice questions. set a timer for 45 secs
Send PM
drn2804
Hey all! Anyone here who applied in R2 for Jan 25 intake last night?

I have applied. Just got a confirmation email from my AO (its AJ), saying they received my app.

I have a doubt. In her email, she says: To be included in Round 2 of the January 2025 intake, please complete your online application with your two recommendations up to and including the deadline date 24th April 2024. Your video component has to be submitted at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline, EOD 26th April 2024. If you have not yet received the video link, please contact our IT Support team.

Both my LORs are already complete - were done on 22nd itself, and the portal also confirmed it. Is this just a template email they send to all?

Also wasn't the deadline 23rd? Did i just miss out on 24 hours to refine my application :')
­but does that mean we get 1 "extra" day to prep for kira? i am hoping to go with 26th April EOD in that case :D. Btw are you following Paris time or CET? 
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
How much proportion does Kira account for, in the entire application?
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Has anyone requested an early decision and heard back yet?
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
bazinfa
How much proportion does Kira account for, in the entire application?
My understanding was that KIRA interviews are mostly to test for conversational English and ability to put forward your stories/examples in a time constraint with regards to the questions. I wouldn’t put it as high % weightage but surely it can be an eliminator if done very badly. Just my assessment of the same.
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Brodade
Has anyone requested an early decision and heard back yet?
Interested in this also, i have being accepted at Bocconi but no response from INSEAD yet. Applied in the 2nd round, is there any chance to receive a response before the July deadline?
Send PM
cottonmouth
i think its a template email because i got the same content. Although i did need the 48 hours for LOR submission.

not sure why the deadline date is 24th April, because the date in the website is 23rd April only.
­Yup I'm also confused. Esp because if AO considers deadline to be 24th April, that means Kira deadline is 26th (which she has also explicitly said in her email), not 25th. I am still going to submit Kira by 25th to be on the safer side 
Send PM
cookiemonsterpsy
drn2804

I have applied. Just got a confirmation email from my AO (its AJ), saying they received my app.

I have a doubt. In her email, she says: To be included in Round 2 of the January 2025 intake, please complete your online application with your two recommendations up to and including the deadline date 24th April 2024. Your video component has to be submitted at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline, EOD 26th April 2024. If you have not yet received the video link, please contact our IT Support team.

Both my LORs are already complete - were done on 22nd itself, and the portal also confirmed it. Is this just a template email they send to all?

Also wasn't the deadline 23rd? Did i just miss out on 24 hours to refine my application :')
­i got the same email and can confirm my LORs were in. 
Alsooo same i was rushing like maaadd (i know i shouldnt but due to circumstances) and felt terrible submitting such a rough application.  would love to have 1 more day to work on my app too! i do think it was 23rd though? ­
­I know right. The app portal also clearly said 23rd, I was worried the portal would shut down! But what's done is done - I'm sure our applications were great :) 
Send PM
cookiemonsterpsy
drn2804

­but does that mean we get 1 "extra" day to prep for kira? i am hoping to go with 26th April EOD in that case :D. Btw are you following Paris time or CET? 
I am still going to submit Kira by 25th to be on the safer side - don't want to take a risk. I am following CET ­
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Anybody know if submitting an application for scholarship impacts in any way your admission decision?
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
same q ^ assuming no
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
virginia0304
Anybody know if submitting an application for scholarship impacts in any way your admission decision?
From what I know, the scholarship team who reads your essay is not the same as the one who reads your admission application so it should not affect your admission chances tbh
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Kudos
my AO is VF and received an email explicitly calling out to submit kira video by EOD 25th [ assuming paris time ]
Send PM
thanks everyone!
regarding the KIRA video essay, I will likely be doing it at night time in a home setting, hopefully that will be okay because the recommendation is usually to have good lighting/professional setting. However, the meeting spaces at my office tend to have people walking by, and the doors cannot be locked, so I think there's a risk of disruption/distraction.

good luck everyone. i dont feel ready but will give it a shot!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 589 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Expert Reply
Get Inside INSEAD: Free 1:1 Call with Alums & Current Students

Hey Applicants,

The INSEAD application journey can be exciting but also full of questions. Wondering if the program is the right fit for your goals? Curious about student life or career paths after graduation?

We get it! That’s why we’re offering you a free, personalized 1:1 call with INSEAD alumni and current students. Get firsthand insights from those who’ve walked the same path and clear all your doubts.

Here’s what you can expect:

1. Ask burning questions about academics, careers, and the unique INSEAD experience.
2. Gain valuable advice from experienced professionals who were once in your shoes.
3. Hear genuine stories and perspectives about life at INSEAD.

Bonus! Our founder, Shantanu, is himself an INSEAD alumnus. During your call, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with someone who has firsthand knowledge of the school and the program’s value.

Don’t miss this chance to get inside INSEAD! Schedule your free call today.

CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE 1:1 CALL
Send PM
I just submitted my Kira. My questions below:
1. If you’re a team lead and one team member is consistently underperforming how will you help them
2. What is a meaningful life to you, today and tomorrow? (This one really threw me off)
3. If your boss from a different culture is acting in a way that’s offensive in the local culture how will you handle it
4. What are the key elements of running a successful business

Overall this was definitely not my best. I fumbled a bit in two answers. I was quite sleep deprived and nervous - I’m otherwise a very confident speaker. Sigh. Let’s see how it goes.

How did it go for you all? Anyone here who felt their kira wasn’t the best and still got an interview call? Pls give me some hope 🥲

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Concentration: Getting candidates into great schools!
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Send PM
Expert Reply

virginia0304
­
Hello,

I have been working with INSEAD applicants for over 30 years and I am happy to say that applying for a scholarship does not impact your admissions decision adversely. Most candidates -- even candidates who have had very lucrative careers and have a lot of saved funds -- want to minimize what they must pay for a business school education. So it is typical for candidates to apply for scholarships for which they appear qualified. Top business schools want to attract top candidates as well as aid candidates who are in true need of financial assistance. That is why they offer scholarships or aid you in identifying other institutions that provide scholarships.

Feel free to reach out to us if you would like us to do a profile evaluation for you, or if you have any other questions: info@mbaadmit.com.

Best wishes,
Dr. Shelle ­
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  85   
Moderator:
LBS Moderator
47 posts