GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 21:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 12:30
mine is a strange case, applicant from India, 7 years exp in Technology, in a top(and one of the most reputed) tech company, submitted 1-sep, haven't heard till now ..
Manager
Manager
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 20:59
JulyAngelyingC wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:
Anyone who submitted after Sep. 10 got an invite from CBS? It seems that Oct. is coming soon....

Everyone who has heard good news lately has heard at or slightly after 3 weeks from submission. No one has been hearing quicker than three weeks. So I'd start looking out this Thursday (if you submitted the tenth).

Hi everyone,
I got interview about 3 hrs ago.
Submitted: 09/8/15
Interview invitation: 09/29/15

Exactly 3 weeks!
so nervous right now. Please cross your fingers for me.
Good Luck!!

Hi,

What is your background? Can share please some info on your profile?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 06:39
Brazilian ED applicant here!

Can u guys share your age? I'm worried because whereas I have a 7-year work experience working as a lawyer, CEO and Board Member, I'm 31 years old; probably the oldest one here.

Fingers crossed!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 06:48
BRanonymous wrote:

Can u guys share your age? I'm worried because whereas I have a 7-year work experience working as a lawyer, CEO and Board Member, I'm 31 years old; probably the oldest one here.

Fingers crossed!

I am also in the same boat, 31 years, 7 years for exp in a top tech company, international exp of 4 years across 4 countries.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 06:52
knocking wrote:
BRanonymous wrote:

Fingers crossed!

I am also in the same boat, 31 years, 7 years for exp in a top tech company, international exp of 4 years across 4 countries.

Tks!!!! Good luck
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 15:52
Had my interview today. All the standard questions on the clear admit/Stacy Blackman guides. Definitely felt over prepared. After the interview the interviewer said he would definitely be recommending me so crossing my fingers.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 18:54
Allday028 wrote:
Had my interview today. All the standard questions on the clear admit/Stacy Blackman guides. Definitely felt over prepared. After the interview the interviewer said he would definitely be recommending me so crossing my fingers.

Good luck!! who's your interviewer?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 04:30
justjuice wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

It was just a local alum who works in an area not all that dissimilar to what I do currently.
Current Student
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 05:52
Allday028 wrote:
justjuice wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

It was just a local alum who works in an area not all that dissimilar to what I do currently.

Good luck Allday! If you get in are you done or going to weigh it against others?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 06:22
MBOUTDAT wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
justjuice wrote:

Good luck Allday! If you get in are you done or going to weigh it against others?

I'll be done. I applied ED because I knew I wanted to stay in NY and loved what Columbia had to offer.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 06:34
Allday028 wrote:

I'll be done. I applied ED because I knew I wanted to stay in NY and loved what Columbia had to offer.

Best of luck! Keep us posted on any developments. Any particular interview guides or materials would you recommend?

CBS' location is probably the best out of the schools in top 10 or even 15.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 06:42
Engr2012 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

Best of luck! Keep us posted on any developments. Any particular interview guides or materials would you recommend?

I used a combination of Stacy Blackman and Clear Admit guides. The Stacy Blackman guides had really good analysis on how to answer certain questions and the clear admit guide had a very detailed list of prior questions. I probably would only buy one or the other but I got Stacy Blackman for free because I used their services and just wanted to supplement it with anther source.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 06:45
Allday028 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

I used a combination of Stacy Blackman and Clear Admit guides. The Stacy Blackman guides had really good analysis on how to answer certain questions and the clear admit guide had a very detailed list of prior questions. I probably would only buy one or the other but I got Stacy Blackman for free because I used their services and just wanted to supplement it with anther source.

Thanks for the information. Do you mind telling me the date of publication of Stacy's guides as I bought their admitted student profiles for a few schools only to realise to some of them were printed in 2012 or 2013. Wanted to buy something latest.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 06:55
Engr2012 wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:

Thanks for the information. Do you mind telling me the date of publication of Stacy's guides as I bought their admitted student profiles for a few schools only to realise to some of them were printed in 2012 or 2013. Wanted to buy something latest.

The Columbia one is from 2013. They definitely don't update these every year and only do them when there are changes. I agree it's annoying but I still found it to be on point.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 07:02
Allday028 wrote:

The Columbia one is from 2013. They definitely don't update these every year and only do them when there are changes. I agree it's annoying but I still found it to be on point.

Ok. I will take a look. Thanks
Current Student
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 07:20
Hi all,

This is for everyone applying ED on this thread. How did you make the decision? I am having a hard time deciding between ED versus Regular. I love CBS and NY (live here) but I also do not know if I should give myself the option to hear back from other schools and weigh pros / cons, especially from a financial perspective. Any thoughts welcome.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 07:45
discover1604 wrote:
Hi all,

This is for everyone applying ED on this thread. How did you make the decision? I am having a hard time deciding between ED versus Regular. I love CBS and NY (live here) but I also do not know if I should give myself the option to hear back from other schools and weigh pros / cons, especially from a financial perspective. Any thoughts welcome.

I am not an expert in admissions or anything but here are my 2 cents. Based on the schools that you have applied to, you must have had good solid reasons to choose those particular schools be it particular location/setting (major city, large number of companies nearby, size of the class etc ). But for me, I will definitely go for ED, if given a choice, as it wil give me exposure to excellent location (NYC, never lived in USA as a non-visitor), great school and curriculum, more/varied job opportunities post MBA (as a career change, this is important to me!). If you already live in NYC, then the location might not be a big enough factor (you have seen it all , done everything etc). 1 "con" is the expensive living standards in NYC compared to Evanston etc. But then again, MBA itself is expensive investment that will pay you back in the long run specially if you graduate from Columbia.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 11:09
Just got my interview invitation! Submitted on Sep 9th.
So excited and nervous!
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 11:16
cookiedough wrote:
Just got my interview invitation! Submitted on Sep 9th.
So excited and nervous!

Congrats and all the best for your interview. Do you mind sharing your profile?
Current Student
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 11:33
Engr2012 wrote:
discover1604 wrote:
Hi all,

I am not an expert in admissions or anything but here are my 2 cents. Based on the schools that you have applied to, you must have had good solid reasons to choose those particular schools be it particular location/setting (major city, large number of companies nearby, size of the class etc ). But for me, I will definitely go for ED, if given a choice, as it wil give me exposure to excellent location (NYC, never lived in USA as a non-visitor), great school and curriculum, more/varied job opportunities post MBA (as a career change, this is important to me!). If you already live in NYC, then the location might not be a big enough factor (you have seen it all , done everything etc). 1 "con" is the expensive living standards in NYC compared to Evanston etc. But then again, MBA itself is expensive investment that will pay you back in the long run specially if you graduate from Columbia.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input, Engr2012. Are you also applying ED? I see CBS as one of your schools?
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2015, 11:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap