GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 14:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2015, 16:31
aeropower wrote:
Just submitted, I'm in for ED, now the wait begins!

All the best. Will submit ED on Monday.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2015, 23:36
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

Good to see that two fellow Aerospace guys are applying in ED. I am so going to miss applying in ED because of my low GMAT (700). I will be applying in RD, hopefully with better GMAT. Hopefully CBS will consider another Aero guy like me in RD, and not simply reject as its not ED. :cry:

All the best to you two.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 03:52
popov wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

Good to see that two fellow Aerospace guys are applying in ED. I am so going to miss applying in ED because of my low GMAT (700). I will be applying in RD, hopefully with better GMAT. Hopefully CBS will consider another Aero guy like me in RD, and not simply reject as its not ED. :cry:

All the best to you two.

Thanks popov, all the best to you too for your RD application. Aerospace is a niche field that not many people switch from to pursue MBAs. I think if you apply with a good score (it could be anything as GMAT is only 1 component of your application) and an excellent application, there is no reason why CBS will not say yes to your candidacy.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 08:15
Engr2012 wrote:
popov wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:

All the best to you two.

Thanks popov, all the best to you too for your RD application. Aerospace is a niche field that not many people switch from to pursue MBAs. I think if you apply with a good score (it could be anything as GMAT is only 1 component of your application) and an excellent application, there is no reason why CBS will not say yes to your candidacy.

Absolutely agreed. I fully believe aerospace is advantageous to come from. I do have a question for everyone though....

If you work for an aerospace company, but work in finance, are you still considered aerospace? I always get a little confused by how folks are grouped. Anyways, I work in pure manufacturing operations in aerospace, which I believe to be a fairly small bunch of folks, let's hope it's an advantage!
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 08:19
aeropower wrote:

Absolutely agreed. I fully believe aerospace is advantageous to come from. I do have a question for everyone though....

If you work for an aerospace company, but work in finance, are you still considered aerospace? I always get a little confused by how folks are grouped. Anyways, I work in pure manufacturing operations in aerospace, which I believe to be a fairly small bunch of folks, let's hope it's an advantage!

Your industry still remains the same but your function changes when you talk about a financial analyst in Aerospace. I am in core Engineering in the aerospace industry so for me, I definitely come under the purview of aerospace industry in broader terms.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 08:20
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

Your industry still remains the same but your function changes when you talk about a financial analyst in Aerospace. I am in core Engineering in the aerospace industry so for me, I definitely come under the purview of aerospace industry in broader terms.

Ok, got it, makes sense. Thanks, let's wait and see what happens! Good luck submitting.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 08:52
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

For me its slightly different. I graduated in Aerospace, but working in banking consulting!! Not sure, how it will be seen by adcom.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 17:35
Wildabout wrote:
Got the call today - accepted...

Congrats, mate. how long did you wait after your interview?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:46
So what's the appropriate amount of time to email your interviewer if they haven't submitted their feedback? I had my interview last Wednesday and I was thinking a week.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:51
Anyone submitted on Sep. 12th got invite? Bless...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:52
Allday028 wrote:
So what's the appropriate amount of time to email your interviewer if they haven't submitted their feedback? I had my interview last Wednesday and I was thinking a week.

I think that's a good plan of attack. A week is not pushy at all. That said, you can always add them on LinkedIn as a little "hey, remember me" nudge.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
WE: Analyst (Other)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 09:18
MASNYC wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

I think that's a good plan of attack. A week is not pushy at all. That said, you can always add them on LinkedIn as a little "hey, remember me" nudge.

Ya, I think I'll wait till Wednesday. I'm just anxious to get the process over with haha.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 13:25
Does CBS have the format required for their essays anywhere? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 13:41
UPindex wrote:
Does CBS have the format required for their essays anywhere? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think so, but I would say that I'm confident they are expecting the same as the other schools: good spacing, common fonts, and no need to reiterate the question. They do request separate files though.

I submitted very basic - 1.5 spacing, size 11, arial. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 14:29
alliatjtj wrote:

I submitted Sept 11th, just a little bit pver three weeks now... I try to keep confident and think that they are taking longer now that they are closer to the deadline - a little nervous anyways.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 15:34
mexcango wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:

I submitted Sept 11th, just a little bit pver three weeks now... I try to keep confident and think that they are taking longer now that they are closer to the deadline - a little nervous anyways.

I submitted on Sep 15th (actually 14th night). It seems we have to wait for more than 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 15:43
hellovivian wrote:
mexcango wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:

I submitted on Sep 15th (actually 14th night). It seems we have to wait for more than 3 weeks.

Same here and still waiting.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Analyst (Consumer Electronics)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 19:19
Allday028 wrote:
MASNYC wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

Ya, I think I'll wait till Wednesday. I'm just anxious to get the process over with haha.

You might want to ask your interviewer whether he/she received the review form from school. My interviewer told me he didn't receive the form, so I wrote an email to admission office. They sent him a separate email right away.
Not a bad way to remind him though ;)
IMO one week is tooooo long
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 23:22
hellovivian wrote:
mexcango wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:

Same here - good luck to the anxious minds..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 06:33
Views to Comments ratio is absurd. I feel that we should contribute more knowledge and support here :).

Anyway, I took a chance and submitted only to columbia for first round (ED), as it is my first choice.
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 06 Oct 2015, 06:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap