Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
mfprado1073 wrote:
GlenCarr wrote:
Does anyone know if CBS reviews application by date submitted or date complete? I submitted my application on 30 Sep, but my recommendation wasn't submitted until 13 Oct completing my application.

I applied ED, and called admissions to confirm that I was still considered ED despite my recommendation being submitted after the deadline.

Waiting is KILLING me!!!

Glen

I asked this questions specifically to the admissions lady that came to my town. She was very clear in stating that ED deadline was in the 7th and that your application should be complete, with recommendations and all requested materials, in order for you to be considered.

I would assume you went to the RD pile and hence will take quite a while for them to reach out to you.

I spoke to adcom. You have up to 3 weeks after the submission date to include any additional information (rec letters, transcript, requested info, etc.). I submitted on Oct 6 with completion on Oct 8 -- they said I'm still good to go for ED.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mfprado1073 wrote:
GlenCarr wrote:
Does anyone know if CBS reviews application by date submitted or date complete? I submitted my application on 30 Sep, but my recommendation wasn't submitted until 13 Oct completing my application.

I applied ED, and called admissions to confirm that I was still considered ED despite my recommendation being submitted after the deadline.

Waiting is KILLING me!!!

Glen

I asked this questions specifically to the admissions lady that came to my town. She was very clear in stating that ED deadline was in the 7th and that your application should be complete, with recommendations and all requested materials, in order for you to be considered.

I would assume you went to the RD pile and hence will take quite a while for them to reach out to you.

I spoke to the ADCOM and they said my packet was going to be considered ED, because I submitted prior to the deadline. I didn't think to ask what date they go by and am afraid to call them again because I don't want my file to be flagged.

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens, just really nervous as I am a non-typical applicant (18 years Active Duty Army, and will be attending school on active duty before reporting to the Pentagon to manage equipment purchases).

Glen
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
My app wasn't considered complete til a week after I hit submit ... Had a delayed rec letter. Interview invitation was exactly three weeks after the app complete date.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
For all RD applicants wanting to know when are their applicants going to be read, here is the reply on this question from Matthew Moll, Associate Director, MBA Admissions, CBS:

"We will start reviewing Regular Decision applications once we complete the review of Early Decision. This usually happens in early December. Regular Decision applications that are submitted prior to the start of our review of Regular Decision will be placed in a queue and reviewed on a rolling basis once we start reviewing RD applications. Additionally, candidates who submit prior to the start of our review of RD will receive notification that their six week review process has begun.We will send an e-mail to candidates who have already submitted and are in a queue who are 'waiting' for their process to begin"

Originally posted by ENGRTOMBA2018 on 22 Oct 2015, 12:18.
Last edited by bagdbmba on 23 Oct 2015, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
UPDATED Matthew's feedback within quote!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
Send PM
Has anyone who applied around Sept 15 and has had an interview heard back from CBS?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any J-Term - ers who applied around (+/- 2 days) the deadline heard anything yet? Last year it seems like within a couple of weeks most people had heard back by now (for invites at least).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
KNSK wrote:
Has anyone who applied around Sept 15 and has had an interview heard back from CBS?

Not yet, when was your interview feedback submitted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey guys, i'm a bit confused regarding some of the timelines discussed in this thread.
Is 6 weeks from submission a timeline for interview invitation or that for the final decision? Some posts have referred to '21 days' as a timeline post which they received interview invites. It would be great if someone could clarify regarding this confusion.
Apologies if this query has already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find one in recent posts on this thread.
Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
To ALL CBS applicants:

(1) If you're anxious on TIMELINES aspect then I'd suggest looking into the SPECIFICS of CBS Adcom's comments on the TIMELINE for BOTH ED and RD folks in the first post of this CBS thread under the headline "CBS Decision Procedure".

(2) If you want to get some insights on the Scholarships to have clear expectation set on when to expect Scholarship-decision then see the first post of this CBS thread under the SAME headline -"CBS Decision Procedure"

Hope this somewhat helps!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
@ ALL ADMITTED CBS applicants:

Guys, we've a thread dedicated to you ALL - all-admitted-cbs-folks-class-of-2018. I'd urge you all who have been admitted, to share some thoughts on your road to the admit, with a primer on the background/profile on that PARTICULAR THREAD!

You may want to consider this EXCELLENT post by deerhunter as the reference.

All the best and thank you for your cooperation!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
Send PM
Aragornyanfei wrote:
KNSK wrote:

Monday 19th, you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KNSK wrote:
Aragornyanfei wrote:
KNSK wrote:

Monday 19th, you?

I'm still waiting for the submission of my feedback, waiting is killing me...based on the data points shared by recent posts, you probably gonna get the call after 11-12 days, that gives you next Thursday or Friday. Good luck, hope to hear some good news by then. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
secretaznmanxz wrote:
Submitted 9/30. Just received interview invitation this morning. Exactly 21 days.

Congrats!!! Anyone else who applied later than Sep/19 has received an interview invitation?

Tks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
WE:General Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
I just got my admission call. Very excited.

Applied: 09/22/15
Invite: 10/09/15
Interview: 10/19/15
Submitted: 10/19/15
Accepted: 10/23/15
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
kconnelly9 wrote:

Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kconnelly9 wrote:

Congrats! Such a quick process - same day interview and same day feedback submitted
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
GlenCarr wrote:
mfprado1073 wrote:
GlenCarr wrote:

Waiting is KILLING me!!!

Glen

I spoke to the ADCOM and they said my packet was going to be considered ED, because I submitted prior to the deadline. I didn't think to ask what date they go by and am afraid to call them again because I don't want my file to be flagged.

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens, just really nervous as I am a non-typical applicant (18 years Active Duty Army, and will be attending school on active duty before reporting to the Pentagon to manage equipment purchases).

Glen

Is that a real thing? :shock:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts