GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 20:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 03:48
How much have you got ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:06
UM1 wrote:
How much have you got ?

18k. You? You going to mcgill for sure?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:27
private33 wrote:
UM1 wrote:
How much have you got ?

36K. Yup definitely going there.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:32
UM1 wrote:
private33 wrote:
UM1 wrote:
How much have you got ?

36K. Yup definitely going there.

Can you share your GMAT SCore ?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:37
GMAT is just one component though

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 04:44
UM1 wrote:
GMAT is just one component though

Agreed. Gmat is just one part of the application
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 09:06
is it worth applying as an international student in R2? I have a 650 gmat so I am a bit concerned about my chances.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 12:01
Got admit both McGill and U of T, how to choose? Anyone is from Montreal?

Richard Ivey School Moderator
S
GPA: 2.9
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 12:10
thomasedzhang wrote:

Mind sharing your profile ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 14:40
thomasedzhang wrote:

I did my undergrad at McGill, and just got my acceptance. Happy to speak with you. You can give your number or email.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 15:30
Desautels DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 46 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:640, GPA: 3.38, Industry: Retail, WE 48, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 47 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:740, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 23:02
thomasedzhang wrote:

thomasedzhang

A lot of people go through this phase of choosing among schools and we have a separate forum dedicated to this. You can make a post with all your scholarship details, preferences etc.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... hoose-192/
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 10:54
Pakman33 wrote:
thomasedzhang wrote:

Mind sharing your profile ?

Yeah, sure,

GMAT 640 (my weakest point)
Undergraduate Industrial Engineering GPA 3.4/4 from Beijing, China
Graduate Quality Systems Engineering GPA 4/4.3, Montreal
Work experience 5.5 years in China, South Korea and Canada
Mostly in project management section, now as R&D Project Manager
PMP Holder
Some political volunteer work, school volunteer work in Montreal

Applied to U of T, Mcgill
Was thinking of US and Europe before, but thinking of immigration and work permit issues in both countries, think Canada still better
Applied all on Nov 1st, got invite for interview for Mcgill 3rd week of Nov, but I travelled outside of Canada for work for three weeks, so I only got my interview done on Dec 17th
Got invite from U of T 2nd week of Dec, then had skype interview on the same date Dec 17th

Got offer from U of T Dec 19th, only two days after interview, got offer from McGill on Dec 21st
Decisions are all both pretty fast, I think they are all approaching end of year, so both schools want to close the deal before
Good luck to all.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 23:13
thomasedzhang wrote:
Applied all on Nov 1st, got invite for interview for Mcgill 3rd week of Nov, but I travelled outside of Canada for work for three weeks, so I only got my interview done on Dec 17th

thomasedzhang

Congratulations on your admits. Please consider sharing your DeSaultels interview experience here https://gmatclub.com/forum/desautels-mc ... brief.html
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 15:24
A new Desautels McGill Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/desautels-mcgill-university-251/interview_debrief.html
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 04:36
Hello Everyone,
I plan to apply within the R2 deadline i.e 15th January.

I had the same query as Umangj838, if an english proficiency test would be applicable.
I have completed a degree in an university where the language of instruction is English, however not from an English-speaking country. I have an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Pune, India. Further, I pursued and have successfully completed Chartered Accountancy (CA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as well as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).

Could someone explain the process for submitting professional references? The applications website has a form and it states - Once your application has been submitted, McGill will automatically contact these referees and invite them to upload the references”. Is it that the application will have to be submitted first and then the referees would be asked for the references? How would that work?

I have mailed the query to the admissions team, however considering the ongoing vacations and limited time remaining for the applications i would really appreciate if someone could reply.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 04:53
aruniyer wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I had the same query as Umangj838, if an english proficiency test would be applicable.
I have completed a degree in an university where the language of instruction is English, however not from an English-speaking country. I have an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Pune, India. Further, I pursued and have successfully completed Chartered Accountancy (CA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as well as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).

Could someone explain the process for submitting professional references? The applications website has a form and it states - Once your application has been submitted, McGill will automatically contact these referees and invite them to upload the references”. Is it that the application will have to be submitted first and then the referees would be asked for the references? How would that work?

I have mailed the query to the admissions team, however considering the ongoing vacations and limited time remaining for the applications i would really appreciate if someone could reply.

Well, I do not officially work for the university so what i say cant be taken as official but as this forum has helped me a lot, I will give back :)

1. Based on my knowledge of the process, if you have completed your undergraduate education in English, ie- Your classes and exams were in English, you do not need any English proficiency test.
2. The application process is a little different from most schools. You need to fill out a basic template which has fields for your reference details. Once you fill the details, and make a payment, the system will trigger an email to the specified emails with a link on how to fill the form. Only upon payment of the application fee will you be able to upload documents and have an email sent to your nominated references. Once you have submitted your application, you will have to upload all supporting documents (Resume, Essays, Scores) and once these are all checked off, you should receive a manual email from the admission committee confirming that they have recieved the documents. This is not triggered automatically so dont worry.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 09:06
aruniyer wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Based on McGill MBA admission website, it says " For candidates whose mother tongue is not English and who have not completed their undergraduate degree in an English speaking country, the TOEFL or IELTS is required. For those who have completed a degree in an university where the language of instruction is English, but not an English-speaking country please check with the admissions office.". Since you said your school is in English, but the country is not officially speaking in English, you need to verify with admission office. I did same thing, I did my degree in English speaking school, but in an French environment, I checked with admission office, they told me I don't need to take Toefl or IELTS any more. I highly think that will be your case too, but just to be sure and check with admission office.

For reference, you will need to submit and pay your application fee on line first, then you will be able to submit all supporting documents. At this moment, there is one section to ask you to write down your two references' name and email address, then the system will send an email automatically to your reference to ask them to upload this PDF recommendation file or any form of recommendation file. If you prefer, you should write down your basic information, then send this PDF file to your reference to fill out the rest, then they will upload to the system. The system doesn't send this PDF to the referee based on my understanding.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 02:23
Hi All!

Please Help!!

One of the pages on the website, states: " If required, test scores must be less than two years old and submitted directly from the testing agency. "

I took my GMAT in October 2016, does this mean that I will not be eligible for the program?
MBA Section Director
V
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 05:08
Asinine23 wrote:
Hi All!

Please Help!!

One of the pages on the website, states: " If required, test scores must be less than two years old and submitted directly from the testing agency. "

I took my GMAT in October 2016, does this mean that I will not be eligible for the program?

Asinine23

I advise you to write to the admissions committee. "If required" is a big phrase there and may not be applicable to everyone.

I am also tagging mcgillmba to see if they can help in this context.
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2018, 05:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 115 posts ] 

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status