GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 09:31
workout wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
workout wrote:
Here is an essay review and a sample response of "25 random things about you"

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-es ... 02380.html

I guess I will apply to Duke Fuqua just to answer this question :)

I had so much fun answering this question.


MsInvBanker

It really brings out one's inner self. I like these questions. Did you submit your application already?

workout it seems to say that under my profile on the left ;)
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 09:36
MsInvBanker wrote:
workout it seems to say that under my profile on the left ;)


Missed that. Thanks for updating your school status.
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 09:41
workout wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
workout it seems to say that under my profile on the left ;)


Missed that. Thanks for updating your school status.

Happens sometimes.
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Location: India
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 19:51
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 21:04
shah8 wrote:
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

Posted from my mobile device


shah8

What is the exact relationship? Is your recommender, the manager of your manager something like that? I don't think you need to write to adcom about this. Maybe there were a few instances where your recommender directly supervised you?
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Location: India
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 21:49
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

Posted from my mobile device


shah8

What is the exact relationship? Is your recommender, the manager of your manager something like that? I don't think you need to write to adcom about this. Maybe there were a few instances where your recommender directly supervised you?


Yeah he was actually one of my supervisors. My issues is whether for the nature of relationship question he should be writing supervisor (I.e his relationship to me) or report (I.e my relationship to him)
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 00:06
shah8 wrote:
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

Posted from my mobile device

I think it would be better if you clarified this with an Adcom.
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 248
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 03:17
Hi. Need one suggestion. By when can the alums submit the recommendation ?

This is different from LOR

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 03:38
GoodGuy wrote:
Hi. Need one suggestion. By when can the alums submit the recommendation ?

This is different from LOR

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

From what I understand of the Fuqua process, the deadline for everything for R2 was Jan 3rd, 2019.
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 874
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 09:46
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 09:51
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?

You mean an improved GMAT? You have an option in the application portal to submit more GMAT results even if the application has already been submitted.
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 874
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 09:54
MsInvBanker wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?

You mean an improved GMAT? You have an option in the application portal to submit more GMAT results even if the application has already been submitted.


No additional responsibilities at work. I'm leading a team for an expo, learnt about it today. There'd be people from 75 different countries that our company has to pitch services to and I'd get to interact learn about other economies etc.

I want to let the adcom know about it. i just wondered if there was a format to it

Regards,
HK
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 09:59
Hatakekakashi wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?

You mean an improved GMAT? You have an option in the application portal to submit more GMAT results even if the application has already been submitted.


No additional responsibilities at work. I'm leading a team for an expo, learnt about it today. There'd be people from 75 different countries that our company has to pitch services to and I'd get to interact learn about other economies etc.

I want to let the adcom know about it. i just wondered if there was a format to it

Regards,
HK

I do not think there is any format for that. Emailing the adcom seems to be the answer. However, what are you going to tell them? You are going to do something. I thin they'd be more interested in knowing how good you were at doing something. In my opinion, email them once you have completed the responsibility / task if it not an ongoing one.

P.S. Please add Fuqua to the lost of schools in your profile.
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 874
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:30
MsInvBanker wrote:
I do not think there is any format for that. Emailing the adcom seems to be the answer. However, what are you going to tell them? You are going to do something. I thin they'd be more interested in knowing how good you were at doing something. In my opinion, email them once you have completed the responsibility / task if it not an ongoing one.

P.S. Please add Fuqua to the lost of schools in your profile.


The event is on Feb 3rd. I wish I could update the ad-com after the event but the decision is on Jan 31st. I want to let them know that this is an opportunity I'm willing to learn etc. I've already done the same event 2 years ago but i was a participant, working under someone. This year I'm the head and want to showcase how I've grown within the org. As an Indian male applicant my chances are slim, really trying everything to at least land an interview call :D
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:42
Hatakekakashi wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
I do not think there is any format for that. Emailing the adcom seems to be the answer. However, what are you going to tell them? You are going to do something. I thin they'd be more interested in knowing how good you were at doing something. In my opinion, email them once you have completed the responsibility / task if it not an ongoing one.

P.S. Please add Fuqua to the lost of schools in your profile.


The event is on Feb 3rd. I wish I could update the ad-com after the event but the decision is on Jan 31st. I want to let them know that this is an opportunity I'm willing to learn etc. I've already done the same event 2 years ago but i was a participant, working under someone. This year I'm the head and want to showcase how I've grown within the org. As an Indian male applicant my chances are slim, really trying everything to at least land an interview call :D

The go ahead and email them. :)
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: Duke '21 (M)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 20:51
Have any of the Early Action admits completed their Re Vera credential check? They say it takes 2-4 weeks, but I initiated mine 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Any insights?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 23:56
BTC2018 wrote:
Have any of the Early Action admits completed their Re Vera credential check? They say it takes 2-4 weeks, but I initiated mine 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Any insights?

Hey BTC2018

What is a Re Vera credential check?
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 26
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 14:54
BTC2018 wrote:
Have any of the Early Action admits completed their Re Vera credential check? They say it takes 2-4 weeks, but I initiated mine 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Any insights?


I heard back from them yesterday. Fuqua will send a confirmation email once the process is completed. It took about 6 weeks for my check to finish.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 337
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 00:33
All the best chuckgmat
_________________

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6001
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 02:07
Does anyone know dates of interview invites? Last year they were released on 30th Jan. Not sure if we can expect invites to come out around those dates.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 21 Jan 2019, 02:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 265 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MsInvBanker, mspmet



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.