GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 15:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 10:36
MsInvBanker wrote:
workout it seems to say that under my profile on the left ;)

Missed that. Thanks for updating your school status.
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 10:41
workout wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
workout it seems to say that under my profile on the left ;)

Missed that. Thanks for updating your school status.

Happens sometimes.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 20:51
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 22:04
shah8 wrote:
Hey guys, my recommender just told me that for the “nature of relationship” question he said “indirect report” thinking it was my relationship to him. But for other recommendations he put “supervisor” I.e. his relationship to me. Do I need to write to Fuqua about this? What’s the write way to approach h this question? For my app, I’ve been saying he’s my supervisor not even realising the double entendre of the question ...

shah8

What is the exact relationship? Is your recommender, the manager of your manager something like that? I don't think you need to write to adcom about this. Maybe there were a few instances where your recommender directly supervised you?
B
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 22:49
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:

shah8

What is the exact relationship? Is your recommender, the manager of your manager something like that? I don't think you need to write to adcom about this. Maybe there were a few instances where your recommender directly supervised you?

Yeah he was actually one of my supervisors. My issues is whether for the nature of relationship question he should be writing supervisor (I.e his relationship to me) or report (I.e my relationship to him)
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 01:06
shah8 wrote:

I think it would be better if you clarified this with an Adcom.

Kudos are appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 04:17
Hi. Need one suggestion. By when can the alums submit the recommendation ?

This is different from LOR

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 04:38
GoodGuy wrote:
Hi. Need one suggestion. By when can the alums submit the recommendation ?

This is different from LOR

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

From what I understand of the Fuqua process, the deadline for everything for R2 was Jan 3rd, 2019.

Kudos are appreciated.
Retired Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:46
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:51
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Fuqua does accept improvements to the application after the admissions deadline right? Is there a format to that or just shoot a mail to the admissions team?

You mean an improved GMAT? You have an option in the application portal to submit more GMAT results even if the application has already been submitted.

Kudos are appreciated.
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:54
MsInvBanker wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

You mean an improved GMAT? You have an option in the application portal to submit more GMAT results even if the application has already been submitted.

No additional responsibilities at work. I'm leading a team for an expo, learnt about it today. There'd be people from 75 different countries that our company has to pitch services to and I'd get to interact learn about other economies etc.

I want to let the adcom know about it. i just wondered if there was a format to it

Regards,
HK
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:59
Hatakekakashi wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

No additional responsibilities at work. I'm leading a team for an expo, learnt about it today. There'd be people from 75 different countries that our company has to pitch services to and I'd get to interact learn about other economies etc.

I want to let the adcom know about it. i just wondered if there was a format to it

Regards,
HK

I do not think there is any format for that. Emailing the adcom seems to be the answer. However, what are you going to tell them? You are going to do something. I thin they'd be more interested in knowing how good you were at doing something. In my opinion, email them once you have completed the responsibility / task if it not an ongoing one.

P.S. Please add Fuqua to the lost of schools in your profile.

Kudos are appreciated.
Retired Moderator
P
Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 11:30
MsInvBanker wrote:
I do not think there is any format for that. Emailing the adcom seems to be the answer. However, what are you going to tell them? You are going to do something. I thin they'd be more interested in knowing how good you were at doing something. In my opinion, email them once you have completed the responsibility / task if it not an ongoing one.

The event is on Feb 3rd. I wish I could update the ad-com after the event but the decision is on Jan 31st. I want to let them know that this is an opportunity I'm willing to learn etc. I've already done the same event 2 years ago but i was a participant, working under someone. This year I'm the head and want to showcase how I've grown within the org. As an Indian male applicant my chances are slim, really trying everything to at least land an interview call :D
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 11:42
Hatakekakashi wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

The event is on Feb 3rd. I wish I could update the ad-com after the event but the decision is on Jan 31st. I want to let them know that this is an opportunity I'm willing to learn etc. I've already done the same event 2 years ago but i was a participant, working under someone. This year I'm the head and want to showcase how I've grown within the org. As an Indian male applicant my chances are slim, really trying everything to at least land an interview call :D

The go ahead and email them. :)

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '21 (M)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 21:51
Have any of the Early Action admits completed their Re Vera credential check? They say it takes 2-4 weeks, but I initiated mine 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Any insights?
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 00:56
BTC2018 wrote:
Have any of the Early Action admits completed their Re Vera credential check? They say it takes 2-4 weeks, but I initiated mine 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Any insights?

Hey BTC2018

What is a Re Vera credential check?

Kudos are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 15:54
BTC2018 wrote:

I heard back from them yesterday. Fuqua will send a confirmation email once the process is completed. It took about 6 weeks for my check to finish.
Retired Moderator
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 01:33
All the best chuckgmat

Kudos are appreciated.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 03:07
Does anyone know dates of interview invites? Last year they were released on 30th Jan. Not sure if we can expect invites to come out around those dates.
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 03:11
Narenn wrote:
Does anyone know dates of interview invites? Last year they were released on 30th Jan. Not sure if we can expect invites to come out around those dates.

I asked the Adcom and I was told Jan 31st.

Kudos are appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2019, 03:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  19    Next  [ 368 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MsInvBanker, mspmet