Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Duke Fuqua DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 16 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q49 V38), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Computer Hardware, WE 41, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 25 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.61, Industry: Consulting, WE 48, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 30 minutes ago, from Portugal, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), Industry: Law, WE 22, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 37 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:690, Industry: Consulting, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 44 minutes ago, from Spain, GMAT:750 (Q48 V44), GPA: 3.82, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 51 minutes ago, from Peru, GMAT:720 (Q49 V39), Industry: Commercial Banking, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Denied, 53 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q48 V35), GPA: 2.7, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 70, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 58 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 60, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:
This is a deferral and not a WL! What it means is that they do not want any updates from you but rather seek more time prior to interviewing you, most probably. Thus, the chances of conversion of a deferral are higher than a WL!

Posted from my mobile device

So I just checked with my friend who received a reject in R1. She said she got the exact same mail and that she never received any notification after this.

But yeah, some people might actually get a call. But that surely is a long shot according to me. Anyways, all the best to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 364
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.57
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Got an interview invite. Really happy after a depressing reject from HBS.

How many of the applicant pool does Fuqua interview? I don't see a lot of rejection notices on clearadmit.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
DivineJustice wrote:
Got an interview invite. Really happy after a depressing reject from HBS.

How many of the applicant pool does Fuqua interview? I don't see a lot of rejection notices on clearadmit.

Hello,

Look at this link: https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/mba/mba ... t-and-gpa/

All the data is based on GMAT Club Decision Tracker.

Best,
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Duke Fuqua DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 3 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720, GPA: 3.57, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 33 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.6, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 47 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:710 (Q49 V37), GPA: 3.7, Industry: Computer Software, WE 88, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 1 hour ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), GPA: 3.91, Industry: Other, WE 72, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Has anyone received an invite to interview post the interview decisions date?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 608
Send PM
Ok-so this is for all the people who got the 'we regret to inform you..but this is not a final decision' email. I confirmed this with the adcom and from what I understood, it is very unlikely any of us will get an invite. You will probably know about this with the R3 interview date which is sometime mid April. To summarize, this is mostly a ding and time to move on to other options.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi everybody,

Does being invited to interview mean the other factors(GMAT, GPA etc.) are not of importance any more? I mean once you are invited, is it the interview performance that matters or is the "holistic approach thing" still pursuing you? Assume that one candidate has a low GPA and GMAT both, the other one has 750 GMAT and 3,78 GPA, and they are all invited to interview. Are the odds equal then? Or, even though the one who has lower scores has a slightly better performance in interview can be denied while the other with the high scores who performs worse in the interview can be admitted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Asistann wrote:
Hi everybody,

Does being invited to interview mean the other factors(GMAT, GPA etc.) are not of importance any more? I mean once you are invited, is it the interview performance that matters or is the "holistic approach thing" still pursuing you? Assume that one candidate has a low GPA and GMAT both, the other one has 750 GMAT and 3,78 GPA, and they are all invited to interview. Are the odds equal then? Or, even though the one who has lower scores has a slightly better performance in interview can be denied while the other with the high scores who performs worse in the interview can be admitted?

My understanding is that the interview is simply another data point that the AdCom has to evaluate each candidate. It helps them assess your interest in the program, as well as your future performance in interviews for internships and full-time jobs. So I believe that all other aspects of your profile, even those beyond GPA and GMAT, are still relevant even after being invited to interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Duke '21 (M)
Send PM
Any Early Action admits get a confirmation for their Re Vera check? Initiated mine going on 3 months ago and haven't heard from anyone. I think they gave a 2-4 week estimate for this when it started.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
ryan774 wrote:
Asistann wrote:
Hi everybody,

Hello,

My understanding is that the interview is simply another data point that the AdCom has to evaluate each candidate. It helps them assess your interest in the program, as well as your future performance in interviews for internships and full-time jobs. So I believe that all other aspects of your profile, even those beyond GPA and GMAT, are still relevant even after being invited to interview.

In addition to and reinforcing what ryan774 said, after the interview your application is holistically evaluated again by other admission consultants (1 or more that haven't look at it yet). The new evaluators didn't interviewed you and should evaluate all application factors to reach a final decision.

Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
I received an invite to interview but no contact yet from my city team captain. Anyone else in the same situation?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
amazingguy wrote:
I received an invite to interview but no contact yet from my city team captain. Anyone else in the same situation?

Yeah
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
What is a city team captain?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
I am in the same situation, I am waiting for Brazil Team captain
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: IESE '21 (A)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Same here, waiting for Chile Team Captain. I was thinking about sending an email by the end of the day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
That’s assuring to know. I am waiting for the Tokyo city captain. The email said that we will hear by the end of this week, so we should wait till tomorrow before we send out an enquirer to Adcom I guess.

MsInvBanker: The alum interviews are coordinated by a city captain assigned by the school.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: IESE '21 (A)
Send PM
I just received the email from the team capitan in Chile. He also mentioned that interviews must be done before 1st March
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts