Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:59 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.26
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2757 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all GMAT Takers who want to cross 700+ in 2016 [#permalink]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 608
Send PM
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
Dondarrion wrote:
How's it coming along Nevernevergiveup?

My test is on Tuesday, so final review session is today. Just going over my notes and knocking out some easy questions in all of the sections.

I am looking forward to trying the pilot program. I am doing Quant-Verbal-Essay-IR, hopefully I get a good bump in my score!

I"m stuck below 700 score in my mock exams? All the best for your exam :gl Please inform us of your experience regarding pilot program. I wanted to go for it but time was not sufficient for my preparation.

Nevernevergiveup,

I also got a 640 in my last GMAT and stuck below 700-almost same position as yours. Got 610 in veritas prep a week back-any idea about accuracy of veritas cats and how much the difference is?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
KS15 wrote:
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
Dondarrion wrote:
How's it coming along Nevernevergiveup?

My test is on Tuesday, so final review session is today. Just going over my notes and knocking out some easy questions in all of the sections.

I am looking forward to trying the pilot program. I am doing Quant-Verbal-Essay-IR, hopefully I get a good bump in my score!

I"m stuck below 700 score in my mock exams? All the best for your exam :gl Please inform us of your experience regarding pilot program. I wanted to go for it but time was not sufficient for my preparation.

Nevernevergiveup,

I also got a 640 in my last GMAT and stuck below 700-almost same position as yours. Got 610 in veritas prep a week back-any idea about accuracy of veritas cats and how much the difference is?

I did not give a veritas prep test till now. I gave kaplan, Mgmat and 800 tests. The real GMAT score I got after Mgmat and other tests is almost similar to the mock test scores without much difference.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
atturhari wrote:
Nevernevergiveup, how did you prepare for Quants? Can you share your strategy?

I am good in mathematics basically(Not best but good) being an engineer.
I did go through Manhattan books long before. They can help you really well to get your basics clear and also few tips.
Then if needed go through some reputed sources such as Magoosh, Vertias prep etc. That should be enough for you when you supplement these with OG, Gmat prep official sources.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3808 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Dondarrion wrote:
Took my third GMAT exam yesterday, scored a Q38/V41 = 650

I am very proud of my score - I was able to raise it from 480 to 650 in 3 months. Unfortunately, I am not quite there yet. I really want to get my quant score up to a 44+. I am going to keep plugging away at quant and retake in about 4-6 weeks. The good news is that I feel pretty good about applying to my target schools with a 650 so I can always reinstate that score if needed.

Pilot Program Review
I definitely liked the option of Quant - Verbal - Essay - IR, but I don't think it made that much of a difference for me. Fatigue has never really bothered me that much - I have taken a ton of mock exams under real conditions.

I hope that GMAC adopts it permanently.

It was just 10 minutes 15min back i thought of asking about this. Congratulations man :) i wonder what all it took for you to improve from V26 to V41. real good jump it is.
All the best for next attempt :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dondarrion wrote:
Thanks!

I will attribute my verbal increase to 3 things:

Volume - this was the main factor in my score increase. Especially for verbal, only use official material. After I exhausted the OG, OG Supp, and about half of Qpack 1, I was pretty much on verbal autopilot. The GMAT tests the same concepts over and over, just uses different types of confusing topics to muddle the questions. I am to the point that I could practically guess CR answers before even reading the answer choices.

Powerscore CR bible - this was an absolute game changer for me and took my CR accuracy from 60% to 95%+. I knew I was crushing CR on the real test because I was getting really difficult questions (boldface, evaluate, method of reasoning, etc.)

Practice RC - a lot of people "practice" RC. That was me around V38. I did 1 RC passage a day - you start noticing patterns just like with the rest of verbal. They ask the same questions over and over, and use the same traps on all questions.

My main focus now is to keep my score that high. I am going to focus on more difficult problems while maintaining my skills on the easier ones. I also need to slow the hell down - I was way too far ahead on the exam, by about 15 minutes.

well that's really good grip on verbal. rarely someone can do CR that fast. 15 mints to spare is just wow. keep it up :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dondarrion wrote:
Took my third GMAT exam yesterday, scored a Q38/V41 = 650

I am very proud of my score - I was able to raise it from 480 to 650 in 3 months. Unfortunately, I am not quite there yet. I really want to get my quant score up to a 44+. I am going to keep plugging away at quant and retake in about 4-6 weeks. The good news is that I feel pretty good about applying to my target schools with a 650 so I can always reinstate that score if needed.

Pilot Program Review
I definitely liked the option of Quant - Verbal - Essay - IR, but I don't think it made that much of a difference for me. Fatigue has never really bothered me that much - I have taken a ton of mock exams under real conditions.

I hope that GMAC adopts it permanently.

Dondarrion
My Hearty Congratulations for your score especially verbal part.
All the best for your next attempt.
D update us regarding the same.
Waiting for your success debrief and tips.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 608
Send PM
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
Gave Veritas GMAT practise test on 20 Mar 2016. Shockingly scored the lowest in Recent times.
610 Q45 V29

21 Mar 2016
a-2009-study-from-the-california-state-housing-authority-153345.html
there-are-a-few-acts-of-nature-such-as-a-total-solar-172539.html

Some connection b/w us? :wink: Our last GMAT scores and veritas prep scores are the same? What do we make of this? Also-when are you planning to take the next attempt?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Calling all GMAT Takers who want to cross 700+ in 2016 [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Guys. Is there a way to make a search with multipe tags at the same time. For instance I want to solve Inference questions from gmatprep source. Can I find such questions using gmatclub tags?

Thanks
Tarun
Retired Moderator
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
Guys. Is there a way to make a search with multipe tags at the same time. For instance I want to solve Inference questions from gmatprep source. Can I find such questions using gmatclub tags?

Thanks
Tarun

IMO, that's not possible. we may simply, click on GMATPrep , GmatPrepEP1 , GmatPrepEP2 , GmatPrepQP1 and ctrl+f (to search inference) and click on the highlighted questions. Just a little effort but yeah, we get what we need. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1553 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1553 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Nevernevergiveup wrote:

Thanks Nevernevergiveup for that question. BUT can you please send questions that tests the supposed difficulty level of someone on the doorstep his gmat exam? IMO the questions are not even up to 650 level. Eerrm.. i think that helps us less.
Thanks for the post still. It's great.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Nez wrote:
Nevernevergiveup wrote:

Thanks Nevernevergiveup for that question. BUT can you please send questions that tests the supposed difficulty level of someone on the doorstep his gmat exam? IMO the questions are not even up to 650 level. Eerrm.. i think that helps us less.
Thanks for the post still. It's great.

Nez

One of the methods to improve the score as per many success reviews is to ensure the perfection at easy and mdeium levels.
Many times due to negligence or timing issues, I'm still making mistakes at those levels, derailing my verbal score.
Here I'm posting the seemingly challenging questions that I come across while practicing them.
If you want to go for higher level questions, you can find them at below link as per your choice in Gmat club.
search.php?view=search_tags

Hope this helps. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5