It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 22:53
My app is still "ready for review". This does not bode well

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 22:56
tc2017 wrote:

I applied on 29Sep. I wonder if they truly review applications in order received. Or if the status is a sign that I should simply move on (although with pain in my heart)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 09:16
tc2017 wrote:
tc2017 wrote:

I applied on 29Sep. I wonder if they truly review applications in order received. Or if the status is a sign that I should simply move on (although with pain in my heart)

I submitted a few days before deadline, went ready for review a few weeks ago, and just very recently got the status change "you will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.", which, from argueably too much time spent on the forums, should mean they're actively looking at the app. I think everyone gets this change, for better or worse, so I'm sure it will change for you.

That being said, the window is certainly getting smaller, but students in past years have received interviews just a few days before the deadline and been accepted. Hoping for the best, but keeping expectations grounded is the best we can do, it's not over until it's over! :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 15:10
lisbonbikes wrote:
Uhh my application is still "ready for review"

-___-

Me too womp womp

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 15:30
Just got an invite (like 10 min ago). European candidate here.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Infographic: Class Profile for the Executive MBA Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 18:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Infographic: Class Profile for the Executive MBA Class of 2017

Executive MBA students at Berkeley-Haas distinguish themselves through their drive, ingenuity, keen intelligence, and the desire to build on already substantial expertise with even more knowledge and skills.

And while students in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program bring a remarkable diversity of experience and perspective, they have one very important thing in common: Berkeley-Haas Defining Principles resonate profoundly with each of them.

From the median EMBA age to the array of industries in which they work, here is a closer look at the executive MBA class of 2017:

Want to go beyond the numbers? Check out our student profiles to learn more about who chooses the Berkeley EMBA and why.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 08:51
No change in status. Still "ready for review". does this mean that my application has not been looked at, at all?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:10
Got an invite today.
Please can anybody explain the situation with the official degree certificates and transcripts? They write that I should mail all official certificates and transcripts asap. But I have only 1 copy.

And I live in Ukraine. Isn't it a joke to send my only certificates via mail, so that they can got lost??? And even before the final decision. What if I am not accepted after the interview? Will they send my docs back? I think, in this way the process is gonna last forever.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:43
mskufati@gmail.com wrote:
Got an invite today.
Please can anybody explain the situation with the official degree certificates and transcripts? They write that I should mail all official certificates and transcripts asap. But I have only 1 copy.

And I live in Ukraine. Isn't it a joke to send my only certificates via mail, so that they can got lost??? And even before the final decision. What if I am not accepted after the interview? Will they send my docs back? I think, in this way the process is gonna last forever.

You can't call your institution and ask them to send a copy directly to the admissions office?

If you truly only have access to one copy I'd call the admissions office and explain the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:48
bella1017 wrote:
Got an invite today.

You can't call your institution and ask them to send a copy directly to the admissions office?

If you truly only have access to one copy I'd call the admissions office and explain the situation.

No, there is no such practice in my country. We all receive only 1 copy, there is no possibility to receive an additional copy or to make them send docs directly to a university.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:49
bella1017 wrote:
Got an invite today.

No, there is no such practice in my country. We all receive only 1 copy, there is no possibility to receive an additional copy or to make them send docs directly to a university.

Ok, I'd give the admissions office a call and explain the situation. I'm sure they've admitted students from Ukraine before and have dealt with that situation.

Congrats on the interview :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 14:04
Ok, I'd give the admissions office a call and explain the situation. I'm sure they've admitted students from Ukraine before and have dealt with that situation.

Congrats on the interview :)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Have already written an email to adcom. Thank you

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 14:12
Any reapplicants who have received an interview? Application went under review on 11/21

Reapplicant from India...was waitlisted in Round 2 last year and was hoping for at least an interview.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 15:09
tc2017 wrote:
No change in status. Still "ready for review". does this mean that my application has not been looked at, at all?

Would appreciate some insight into this, too... this whole process is a bit ridiculous and skewed - applicants who receive invites this late will never get the opportunity to interview on campus and only have a few days to prep for interviews. This doesn't seem like a fair process considering we all submitted our applications in time for Round 1 deadline.

There is a real lack of transparency and accountability here. Given the level of confusion expressed on these forums and on CA, and that people aren't even confident that applications are being read, I almost feel like demanding my application fee back.

Last edited by lisbonbikes on 05 Dec 2016, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 16:53
When do you guys think admit calls will start going out? Crazy to think we'll all know by the end of next week...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 21:23
Received an invite today! For reference, my app went to "under review" a month ago.

Off-campus interview, American based in Asia.
GMAT 760
Top 15 School 3.75
PE/VC IR work

Good luck to all!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 04:42
Got an invite today.

Man, I am on the same boat; Eastern Europe, one certificate, school is not willing to print another one. I shipped my only certificate with DHL worldwide express yesterday and it will arrive Cali tomorrow. Yes, it is expensive, but it is the only thing you can do - fast and safe. What I heard is that they will send the certificate back.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 62

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 3: 710 Q46 V41
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 05:20
japco wrote:
Got an invite today.

Man, I am on the same boat; Eastern Europe, one certificate, school is not willing to print another one. I shipped my only certificate with DHL worldwide express yesterday and it will arrive Cali tomorrow. Yes, it is expensive, but it is the only thing you can do - fast and safe. What I heard is that they will send the certificate back.

I too have only one copy of my diploma. I sent an e-mail to the adcom asking if I could take a copy and ask to my University to seal and sign and they said that if the copy is sealed and signed, it's ok.

Maybe just to be safe you should send this same e-mail to Pam Maestas questioning about a sealed and signed copy.
Hope it helps! :)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 62

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 08:54
Any reapplicants who have received an interview? Application went under review on 11/21

Reapplicant from India...was waitlisted in Round 2 last year and was hoping for at least an interview.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 12:35
maiebh wrote:
japco wrote:
Got an invite today.

I too have only one copy of my diploma. I sent an e-mail to the adcom asking if I could take a copy and ask to my University to seal and sign and they said that if the copy is sealed and signed, it's ok.

Maybe just to be safe you should send this same e-mail to Pam Maestas questioning about a sealed and signed copy.
Hope it helps! :)

Thank you for info. This is the only acceptable option. Have already written an email to AdCom but as I see in Berkeley everything is going on slowly... anyway, it is impossible to get my docs delivered there before my interview. Because the deadline for my interview is just in 6 days :-D :-D :-D that's ridiculous.

Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2016, 12:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  25    Next  [ 484 posts ] 

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap