It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 57

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2015, 07:34
This post received
KUDOS
MV23 wrote:
Another last minute question,
Should I report sign-on bonus, stock awards in the employment section? If yes, should I report the vested stock amount or the awarded amount?

aeropower wrote:
In terms of the sign-on bonus, I would put in the entering salary bonus field. As for the awarded stock, how much was it worth when it was awarded, that's likely the only way to present as a numerical value. I would enter it as a bonus in the employment section.

Also.... just submitted my application, good luck to everyone!

Sorry, I did not check this earlier to suggest.
Application instructions on employment section clearly states not to include additional items, such as stock options, sign-on bonus, rewards, in your bonus. Your bonus needs to be the amount you received in cash.

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 57

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2015, 02:37
Submitted mine at the last minute. Good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2015, 07:06
OnlyTheBrave wrote:

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster! I wanted to reach out to you guys for advice. I submitted mine last minute as well for R1 and ended up finding a few typos afterwards (all in the fill-in sections, not the essay or resume which had Word autocorrect). :( :( :( What should I do? Do you think I should withdraw my application for R1 and apply in R2, or do you think it won't matter. They were pretty major. Like "demnad" instead of "demand" and "univeristy" instead of "university." :oops: :oops: :oops: Do you guys think they pay attention as much to the fill-in parts as they do the essays? Thanks so much in advance. Good luck everybody!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 570 Q38 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2015, 09:06
munkee2018 wrote:
OnlyTheBrave wrote:

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster! I wanted to reach out to you guys for advice. I submitted mine last minute as well for R1 and ended up finding a few typos afterwards (all in the fill-in sections, not the essay or resume which had Word autocorrect). :( :( :( What should I do? Do you think I should withdraw my application for R1 and apply in R2, or do you think it won't matter. They were pretty major. Like "demnad" instead of "demand" and "univeristy" instead of "university." :oops: :oops: :oops: Do you guys think they pay attention as much to the fill-in parts as they do the essays? Thanks so much in advance. Good luck everybody!

Can you withdraw from R1 and apply in R2? I'm not even sure that's possible. If it is possible, I'm not sure I would do it just to correct those and submit the same app. Unless you are expecting some changes in your profile, I would probably just leave and trust that they can look past a few mistakes.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

What About Late Recommendations? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 22:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: What About Late Recommendations?
Trying to think of what might be helpful today.

Maybe this:

Some of you may be having recommender-induced-anxiety-attacks. All of a sudden your recommender is traveling, for example. What happens if they don't get the recommendation in by noon on Wednesday?

We're used to this. This is how we handle it:

We start to read your application if there is one submitted rec. We keep the online system open for a day or so after the deadline so, yes, we will accept late recommendations.

It's your responsibility to make sure that your recs get submitted. We won't notify you if they are not. We'll just review your application with whatever is in your file.

More tomorrow...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Deep breath. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 22:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Deep breath.
Yes, today is the Round 1 deadline. Noon, EDT.

I promise that server traffic will be high at high noon. Don't panic. We'll keep the system open as long as there are people trying to submit applications.

The submitted notification on the screen means just that: We've got your application. Don't look for any further notification from us about whether your application is complete.

Yes, you may submit your application before your recommendations are in.

We're here...waiting and watching and answering phones if you need us!

As soon as we get through the next day or so, we'll post about our timing on interview invitations.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: 326 Q166 V160
GPA: 3.74

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 04:14
I just noticed that I botched up my resume timeline... the lil boxes next to my job positions. I put dec 2015 instead of 2014 as ending date of my last assignment. Straight ding?

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 19

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 06:47
megatron13 wrote:
I just noticed that I botched up my resume timeline... the lil boxes next to my job positions. I put dec 2015 instead of 2014 as ending date of my last assignment. Straight ding?

Could it be interpreted as a projected end date? I wouldn't worry about it.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

Director
Director
B
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 5

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 10:15
megatron13 wrote:

...and this is why I tell people not to look back at their applications after submission.

A single-digit typo is not going to be the difference between getting admitted or dinged.

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/
Admissions Consulting for Veterans, by Veterans

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 13:10
This post received
KUDOS
megatron13 wrote:

megatron13 hey buddy I'm in the same boat - I had like 3 typos. But I think it's important to bear in mind that they probably won't look that closely since they're reading so many applications. Also, we have got to stop re-reading our submitted work. It causes too much iinsomnia. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 67 [1], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2015, 14:23
This post received
KUDOS
For Round 2 applicants, a piece from Poets & Quants on essays for some students who were admitted last cycle:
Quote:
What the successful essays clearly show is that there is no cookie-cutter formula or paint-by-the-numbers approach. Some start bluntly and straightforwardly, without a compelling or even interesting opening. Some meander through different themes. Some betray real personality and passion. Others are frankly boring. If a pattern of any kind could be discerned, it is how genuine the essays read.

Kudos [?]: 67 [1], given: 32

2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 67 [2], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2015, 14:37
This post received
KUDOS
Has everyone else been refreshing the "Direct from the Director" page hoping for an Interview Date post?

Kudos [?]: 67 [2], given: 32

2 KUDOS received
Stanford Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 46 [2], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2015, 16:23
This post received
KUDOS
AnthonyMason wrote:
Has everyone else been refreshing the "Direct from the Director" page hoping for an Interview Date post?

Yes 8-)

Kudos [?]: 46 [2], given: 86

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 0

Round 1 - Interview Invitation Plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 08:00
This post received
KUDOS
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 1 - Interview Invitation Plan
Greetings from Dillon House where we are all reading. And reading. And reading.

This is what happens next:

Interview invitations will be sent out on the following 3 days: October 6, 8, and 14. The invitations will contain detailed instructions about the sign-up procedure. On October 14, candidates who will not be invited to interview will be notified of their release.

Note: The day on which you receive an interview invitation does not signal ANYTHING  about your candidacy – we spread out the invitations over three days in order to avoid congestion in the online sign-up stage.  

Another note: ALL 2+2 CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED OF INTERVEW INVITATIONS (OR RELEASE) ON THE SAME DATE: OCTOBER 14.

Round One interviews will be conducted between October 26 and November 20. Not all dates will be available in all locations. In addition to on-campus interviews, we will be interviewing in New York City, Palo Alto, London, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Dubai, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, and Santiago. Candidates who cannot travel may be accommodated via Skype.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: We love having interviewees visit campus and we will have a full day of get-to-know HBS activities, but the location of your interview plays no part in the selection process.

Hope this is helpful . . . please keep in mind that there are REALLY detailed instructions in the interview invitation which will answer all your questions.

Onward.

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 0

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 195

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 15:00
October 6 - why art thou so far away!

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 195

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2015, 10:51
On the contrary, I think Oct. 6 is rather soon! AHHHH! Not enough mental prep time at all.

Doesn't HBS typically send out interviews in 2 rounds instead of 3? Judging by: "we spread out the invitations over three days in order to avoid congestion in the online sign-up stage," it might be more evenly split than prior years when they've released the majority of interviews on the first day and then the remaining 10% or something on the second. Any admissions consultants on this thread who might have some insight into this?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! <3

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2015, 13:43
I would do some outrageous things to get an interview invite.

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Stanford Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2015, 14:38
TheLostOne wrote:

Amen

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 195

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2015, 14:42
This post received
KUDOS
Getting an invite would be "uuge"! very few things could trump that! :P
jdharris wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Amen

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 195

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2015, 15:36
TheLostOne wrote:

Agreed. I don't pay any attention to my work anymore.

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2015, 15:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap