It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 07:57
Might be a stupid question - I sent the complimentary official GMAT score report in April before I even opened an application. Is there a need for me to re-submit the official GMAT scores? Thanks guys.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:11
1
This post received
KUDOS
shynic89 wrote:
Might be a stupid question - I sent the complimentary official GMAT score report in April before I even opened an application. Is there a need for me to re-submit the official GMAT scores? Thanks guys.


Did you start the application? There is a section titled Exam Scores, I believe, which will show if they got it. You shouldn't need to submit it again. If they didn't receive your scores, you can self-report.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:15
tgaucher wrote:
shynic89 wrote:
Might be a stupid question - I sent the complimentary official GMAT score report in April before I even opened an application. Is there a need for me to re-submit the official GMAT scores? Thanks guys.


Did you start the application? There is a section titled Exam Scores, I believe, which will show if they got it. You shouldn't need to submit it again. If they didn't receive your scores, you can self-report.


Yes, just self report if you don't see your score in the Exam section. Then check your mba.com account and confirm it was reported to HBS.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:23
kthxbye wrote:
tgaucher wrote:
shynic89 wrote:
Might be a stupid question - I sent the complimentary official GMAT score report in April before I even opened an application. Is there a need for me to re-submit the official GMAT scores? Thanks guys.


Did you start the application? There is a section titled Exam Scores, I believe, which will show if they got it. You shouldn't need to submit it again. If they didn't receive your scores, you can self-report.


Yes, just self report if you don't see your score in the Exam section. Then check your mba.com account and confirm it was reported to HBS.


Thanks kthxbye. I didn't see my official score in the Exam section and self reported it. I checked on mba.com and confirmed that the report was sent in April. However, I have submitted my R1 application, and now am bit paranoid about whether I should spend $28 to submit official scores again. I hope that, since everything is electronic nowadays, HBS will be able to storage all the reports and pull them up if needed...

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:25
tgaucher wrote:
shynic89 wrote:
Might be a stupid question - I sent the complimentary official GMAT score report in April before I even opened an application. Is there a need for me to re-submit the official GMAT scores? Thanks guys.


Did you start the application? There is a section titled Exam Scores, I believe, which will show if they got it. You shouldn't need to submit it again. If they didn't receive your scores, you can self-report.


Thanks tgaucher. I didn't see my score and self reported it... But I have submitted my application and am not sure if there's a need to spend $28 to re-submit.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
I emailed admissions at the beginning of July, because I self-reported my most recent score. They replied: "You may not see your most recent GMAT score verified in the application, as we upload official score reports periodically to our system. A self-reported score at this point is fine – if you are admitted and you’ve already had your official score released to HBS, you’ll be all set."

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:29
tgaucher wrote:
I emailed admissions at the beginning of July, because I self-reported my most recent score. They replied: "You may not see your most recent GMAT score verified in the application, as we upload official score reports periodically to our system. A self-reported score at this point is fine – if you are admitted and you’ve already had your official score released to HBS, you’ll be all set."


Nice. Very helpful and super thanks man!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Location: Bhutan
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:38
submitted 2 days ago as well!

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers from Bhutan!
_________________

I am the master of my faith;
I am the captain of my soul.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 08:53
Now the waiting begins. Good luck to everyone who submitted round 1.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 09:00
Submitted this week. Good luck to all who are now waiting, and good luck to the Round 2'ers as they continue working!

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 15

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Location: India
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 12:26
Submitted today. Fingers crossed!!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.79
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 12:31
App submitted! I'm in Round 1!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2014
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 21:36
I am in for R1 too - good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 04:16
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Could anyone please advice me, as to whether the LOR needs to be signed separately by the recommender.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 382

Kudos [?]: 200 [2], given: 13

Concentration: General Management
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 09:27
2
This post received
KUDOS
Good luck to all of the round 1 applicants! Hopefully many of you will be at our upcoming interview days on campus!
_________________

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Kudos [?]: 200 [2], given: 13

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 121

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 195

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 11:29
Yea, and to the Round 2'ers, if you guys have any questions, feel free to drop us a line. We will be happy to share what went right (if we get in) or we did wrong ( in the unfortunate scenario where we don't get a call from HBS).
quinnie515 wrote:
Submitted this week. Good luck to all who are now waiting, and good luck to the Round 2'ers as they continue working!

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 195

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 14:37
I am in, but with all you 700+ GMAT score hunks, I don't like my odds.

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
B
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 121

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 195

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 21:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
I don't think even a guy with 770 wouldn't like his/her odds :) But Good Luck to you, Hope you get in :)
TheLostOne wrote:
I am in, but with all you 700+ GMAT score hunks, I don't like my odds.

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 195

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2015
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 10

Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 21:46
MV23 wrote:
I don't think even a guy with 770 wouldn't like his/her odds :) But Good Luck to you, Hope you get in :)
TheLostOne wrote:
I am in, but with all you 700+ GMAT score hunks, I don't like my odds.


Valar morghulis

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 10

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Dec 2014
Posts: 101

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2015, 23:23
CircusNerd wrote:
MV23 wrote:
I don't think even a guy with 770 wouldn't like his/her odds :) But Good Luck to you, Hope you get in :)
TheLostOne wrote:
I am in, but with all you 700+ GMAT score hunks, I don't like my odds.


Valar morghulis


That was awesome.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 10 Sep 2015, 23:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, aeropower, OasisGC, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.