It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 04:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 92
Location: Australia
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 20:00
Guys , you can use same presentation for both interviews. Its just to test your presentation skills and whether you can defend your choice of topic or not. Topic can be anything ...make sure you pick up something that's not already covered in your application. Few examples from past , I chose a presentation on dabbwalahs ,another person presented on museums and someone else presented on a native festival in his home town.

Just make it interesting and try to stick to time limit. Have around 10 slides and you should be fine.

Use it as a chance to communicate few additional things about you to adcom..perhaps an interesting hobby that you couldn't cover in your application.

cheers
_________________

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 11:46
We are now rapidly approaching the decision date for this round. I am waiting for admission decision. Let me know when everybody hears back from HEC. May the force be with you, Jedi. :D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 67
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 02:02
Best of luck for tomorrow guys.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Researching for Schools
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 08:44
Got admitted.
Just now got a call.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 09:26
Congratz vivekisthere. No calls on my side. Guess it's getting ugly for me. :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2014
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 17:42
Congratulations to all admitted. I just received an email saying I am wait listed and final decision would be communicated by mid January.

Would request any tips to improve my chances of selection since I heard that a wait list in such an early round usually leads to a rejection.

Ninjamba's post was also really helpful although I feel that the strategy of deferring to January 2016 may not work. Additionally I have an international work assignment up for offer for one year at my current organization which I have to confirm/decline by 1st December. I would not be able to leave that midway if I am selected for the September intake. Should I reveal this to the AdCom or would it sound too pushy and lead to negative impact.

Requesting your thoughts on this guys.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 67
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 20:49
quaker13 wrote:
Congratz vivekisthere. No calls on my side. Guess it's getting ugly for me. :(


Not everyone gets calls. I only got an acceptance email on the round deadline and I had heard that many people get calls a day before the deadline. So don't worry too much.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Affan
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 67
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 20:50
vivekisthere wrote:
Got admitted.
Just now got a call.


Congrats buddy. Hope to meet you in Sept'15.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 67
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 20:59
pulkitlambah wrote:
Congratulations to all admitted. I just received an email saying I am wait listed and final decision would be communicated by mid January.

Would request any tips to improve my chances of selection since I heard that a wait list in such an early round usually leads to a rejection.

Ninjamba's post was also really helpful although I feel that the strategy of deferring to January 2016 may not work. Additionally I have an international work assignment up for offer for one year at my current organization which I have to confirm/decline by 1st December. I would not be able to leave that midway if I am selected for the September intake. Should I reveal this to the AdCom or would it sound too pushy and lead to negative impact.

Requesting your thoughts on this guys.


Hi Pulkit,

Here is what I would have done if I were you.

Ask the adcom for deferral to Jan'16 - that might increase your chances of getting. This is because 3 or 4 round deadlines for the Sept intake have already passed, but for the Jan intake this might be the first round (So more chances of getting in, in my view). Moreover, while asking for deferral, tell them that this deferral will also allow you an opportunity to partake in an awesome international assignment that is sure to add to your international experience bit - I guess this strengthens your profile.

Apart from the adcom stuff, I truly think this would be an interesting experience for you and you should take it. If by requesting deferral your chances of getting in don't increase, they wouldn't decrease either - so you are not loosing anything as such. In fact, you will be on job for additional 4 months - so more savings.

These were just my two cents of course.

Best,
Affan
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 07:08
Got admitted too. Looking forward to meeting you all next year!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 16:55
binmahmood wrote:
pulkitlambah wrote:
Congratulations to all admitted. I just received an email saying I am wait listed and final decision would be communicated by mid January.

Would request any tips to improve my chances of selection since I heard that a wait list in such an early round usually leads to a rejection.

Ninjamba's post was also really helpful although I feel that the strategy of deferring to January 2016 may not work. Additionally I have an international work assignment up for offer for one year at my current organization which I have to confirm/decline by 1st December. I would not be able to leave that midway if I am selected for the September intake. Should I reveal this to the AdCom or would it sound too pushy and lead to negative impact.

Requesting your thoughts on this guys.


Hi Pulkit,

Here is what I would have done if I were you.

Ask the adcom for deferral to Jan'16 - that might increase your chances of getting. This is because 3 or 4 round deadlines for the Sept intake have already passed, but for the Jan intake this might be the first round (So more chances of getting in, in my view). Moreover, while asking for deferral, tell them that this deferral will also allow you an opportunity to partake in an awesome international assignment that is sure to add to your international experience bit - I guess this strengthens your profile.

Apart from the adcom stuff, I truly think this would be an interesting experience for you and you should take it. If by requesting deferral your chances of getting in don't increase, they wouldn't decrease either - so you are not loosing anything as such. In fact, you will be on job for additional 4 months - so more savings.

These were just my two cents of course.

Best,
Affan


In my case, although they didn't confirm, HEC team was very positive about my chances of getting in for next intake. Call them up and see if they think the same way in your case too. If they encourage you to defer then I think the message is clear. You can also mention your international opportunity in that conversation. One more suggestion, try to talk to somebody on the phone or face to face rather than relying on emails. All the best!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2014, 08:26
Hey People,


Any idea about past Facebook groups for HEC Class of 2015 or 2014. I thought of contacting them and getting some inputs.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2014, 04:04
Got admitted.... From India.

Anybody please inform if there is any whatsapp or facebook groups for class of 2016
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 128
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2014, 06:06
vivek1303 wrote:
Hey People,


Any idea about past Facebook groups for HEC Class of 2015 or 2014. I thought of contacting them and getting some inputs.

Thanks in advance!

FB groups are there but you won't find them due to their visibility settings. Try contacting people on LinkedIn using the find alumni option.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 128
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2014, 06:16
sj2015 wrote:
Got admitted.... From India.

Anybody please inform if there is any whatsapp or facebook groups for class of 2016


Congrats sj2015!

Facebook Group
There is an option to link your HEC applicant account to Facebook. Just click on that button and link both the accounts for now. Once the MBA council creates the official FB group for your intake, you will be sent an invite.

Whatsapp Group
This can be created anyone by from your intake as there is no official group for Whatsapp. The only constraint is that you cannot add more than 50 people in a Whatsapp group.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 00:04
Thanks zat for the info.

I think Whatsapp recently increased the group members count to 100, still everyone cannot be accommodated.

Anyway I am starting a group for class of 2016. If anyone interested send PM on +971558154115.

We have almost 10 months to think and act on how to make the HEC experience more effective. So lets start the discussion now itself.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 67
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 21:29
sj2015 wrote:
Thanks zat for the info.

I think Whatsapp recently increased the group members count to 100, still everyone cannot be accommodated.

Anyway I am starting a group for class of 2016. If anyone interested send PM on +971558154115.

We have almost 10 months to think and act on how to make the HEC experience more effective. So lets start the discussion now itself.


Hi Sj,

Have sent you a message at whatapp for adding me to the group.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 128
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2014, 11:23
Hi guys!

Sharing the link to the HEC Paris tumblr page:

Faces of HEC Paris
Thousands of stories from all over the world. What will be your chapter?

http://hecparis-bschool.tumblr.com/
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 128
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 20:00
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42
Location: India
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 10:05
Hi, I am applying for Msc In Finance in HEC this year. All of my education has been in English. But my College Degree does not explicitly state English as the medium of the course. Do I need to take the English Exam or talk to the admission committee? Please suggest.
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2014, 10:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 303 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.