GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 06:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:44
Manali21 wrote:
Hi, I am applying for Msc In Finance in HEC this year. All of my education has been in English. But my College Degree does not explicitly state English as the medium of the course. Do I need to take the English Exam or talk to the admission committee? Please suggest.

Hi Manali21,

You don't have to take a test for English. HEC will contact you in case they require an additional certificate from your college stating that the medium of teaching was English. For now, you don't need to submit anything extra.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 2.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 21:43
Manali21 wrote:
Hi, I am applying for Msc In Finance in HEC this year. All of my education has been in English. But my College Degree does not explicitly state English as the medium of the course. Do I need to take the English Exam or talk to the admission committee? Please suggest.

Hi Manali,

I suggest you get a letter from your college, signed by your director / dean or any other relevant person, stating that the medium of course was English. Upload a scan of this letter to your application portal. I believe this should speed up the process as otherwise Adcom will ask you for something later on and that will just increase the application review time.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 08:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: What it’s like interviewing the CEO of L’Oréal 1-on-1
As recent President of the General Management & Leadership Club, Vijay Tirumala (MBA.2015) has played an active role in helping develop his fellow students’ leadership skills by organizing various seminars, workshops and guest speakers. One of the highlights of the club is the CEO Speaker Series where some of Europe’s most influential leaders come to the HEC campus to talk with current students about their leadership experience.

In addition to this event, the club President interviews the CEO 1-on-1 and asks pointed questions on their views on leadership. This fall, Vijay got the opportunity to sit down with the Chairman and CEO of L’Oréal, Jean-Paul Agon. Below, he answers what it was like organizing the CEO Series event and meeting with such a prominent business figure.

—–

Why did you decide to preside over the General Management & Leadership club?

The General Management & Leadership club at HEC-Paris provides members with an excellent forum and platform to discuss the Art of Leadership in Business and Society. Most of the club members, including myself, are drawn to the objective of providing inspired leadership. By presiding over the GML Club, I wanted to focus the club activities by organizing events such as Leadership workshops and simulations that ideally compliment the St. Cyr Off-Campus Leadership Seminar.

More importantly, the opportunity to work closely with Dean Bernard Garrette and Virginia Sartoretti at the Career Management Center taught me and my colleague, Dominic Taylor – Vice President (GML), the importance of effectively managing time, resources, and building successful alliances across campus.

How was it organizing the CEO Series event featuring Jean-Paul Agon?

It was as exciting as it was challenging. Exciting because as the CEO of L’Oreal, Jean-Paul Agon needs no introduction, least of all at HEC Paris – his alma mater. He was kind to spend the evening and share his experiences and Leadership journey with us.

Challenging because we had to pool together all the resources available at HECParis to organize the event. Usually, CEO Speaker Series attendees are between 200 – 300. For Jean-Paul Agon, we had 700+ interested attendees in a short-span of 1 hour. We reserved three large auditoria on campus just to meet the demand and telecast the event on screens for those who couldn’t find seats in the main auditorium. Handling the logistics was a feat in itself and three cheers to the HEC Logistics team for quickly adapting to our changing demands at short notice.

What was it like being able to sit down 1-on-1 with the CEO of L’Oréal?

Incredible. I had the opportunity to spend 15 minutes with him 1-on-1 to learn about what constitutes Leadership from his personal point of view. You will see from his responses in the video below that Leadership is also a calling and aspiration alone is not enough. One needs to find the source of strength within oneself to sustain the lifelong journey along a challenging path not unlike a roller coaster.

How do you think this experience will help you in your future career?

As an engaged member of the HEC Paris community, Jean-Paul Agon clearly set a high bar for all of us to aspire to. Observing the way Mr. Agon conducted himself throughout the event and the way he engaged every single member of HEC’s reception team before and after the event, spoke volumes about his commitment to the school and the community. But if there is one takeaway for my future career, it would be the courage Jean-Paul Agon summoned to lead L’Oreal Americas in the immediate aftermath of September 11, 2001.

—–

Watch the entire interview with Jean-Paul Agon below:

The post What it’s like interviewing the CEO of L’Oréal 1-on-1 appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 08:10
Hi guys,

First time here..anyone is applying Msc Sustainability and Social Innovation?

Anyone can give me an idea the requirement for GRE score? Esp. the quantitative part? I am no good at maths so while I am drilling it I just wonder whether I can make it..

I met with the Development Manager last month and she saw my CV (Arts Bachelor from a reputable university and 8 years of relevant working experience) and she said my CV definitely appeals to the panel (though my GPA sucks but she said GPA won't matter much in this case...?)

I recently completed an Executive Certificate on CSR with a Distinction so i hope it will at least help a little.

Hope to find some fellow applicants as well so we can share our journey! I am aiming to do GRE in Feb so that I can apply the Mar/Apr Intake....if not then maybe next year, BUT this is the course that I want to be in! So I definitely will do my best......
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 08:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Forming lifelong bonds: The Partners’ Club
For even the most seasoned traveler, relocating to a new country to study can be daunting, but moving abroad to be with your partner can present a whole host of different challenges. It was with these challenges in mind that the HEC Paris MBA Partners’ Club was set up, providing an instant network of friends, activities, and resources to help partners and children in their transition into life on campus and in France.

The Club not only helps partners acclimatize to HEC Paris life, they want to make sure that the partners make the most of their time spent in France. By organizing regular meals, social events, and trips, this informal network provides a way for MBA partners to share interests and explore everything that Jouy-en-Josas, Versailles, and Paris have to offer.

With each MBA intake, the club says goodbye to outgoing members and welcomes a new group of students and partners, and a new President and Treasurer is elected. Club members meet weekly to organize upcoming events and trips, including dinners, excursions, and getting involved in on-campus events, such as the recent Cultural Weeks. This term they have been cooking up a storm, their first food stall event proved such a resounding success that it sold out within an hour, leaving students and staff demanding more. Happy to oblige, they prepared delicacies from their home countries for a second time, giving MBA students and staff the chance to get a taste of an array of different cuisines, including but not limited to: Indian, Japanese, Russian, Vietnamese, and American.

We sat down to talk to some of this intake’s Partners about their experiences both on and off-campus. All of them agreed that being a member of the Club made the transition into HEC Paris life much easier, and that having a pre-existing network ready to welcome them on campus took a load off their minds. For those living on campus in Jouy-en-Josas, the opinion was unanimous: there’s a real sense of community. One partner really appreciated the change in pace – “it’s a calm, tranquil environment, having previously lived in Jakarta, it’s a welcome break being here for the year.” Those with young families were keen to add that the calm environment is ideal: “My children are good friends with the MBA students!” That being said, many also spoke about how exciting it was to be so close to Paris, “some of us go regularly for French lessons, but we always try to organize some excursions in the capital, so that we can all experience it together.”

Needless to say, being a member of the Partners’ Club “family” is a great opportunity, where members develop a solid circle of friends, with a network and memories that often last a lifetime.

The post Forming lifelong bonds: The Partners’ Club appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2014, 08:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Student Voices: The Forté Foundation Scholarship
Giovanna Santaniello is the former Women in Leadership Club President, and recipient of the Forté Foundation Scholarship. The HEC Paris MBA Program awards this scholarship to exceptional women who have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills, and a commitment to women via personal mentorship or community involvement. The aim of the scholarships is to improve leadership opportunities for women in business.

“I have always considered women’s economic empowerment as a driving force for the achievement of not only gender equality, but also of overall economic growth and poverty reduction. Before joining the HEC Paris MBA Program, I worked in Egypt for four years, where I put my expertise in the areas of financial and advisory services to use in supporting companies and female entrepreneurs.

At HEC Paris I started consider gender diversity from a new perspective. This time, it was focused on business and leadership rather than on women’s empowerment as a means for development. Receiving the Forté Foundation scholarship has encouraged me to continue to contribute to the efforts of the organization to improve leadership opportunities for women in business. I’m convinced that, at a business level, diversity is a critical factor in improving not just the quality of a company’s leadership and decision making, but also its overall financial, environmental, social, and governance performance, and ultimately, the company’s sustainability.

In my future career in the corporate world, I will aim to balance the current emphasis on short-term profit maximization with a broader focus on long-term sustainability goals. Being part of the Forté Foundation’s network of current and prospective women business leaders will help me to achieve these goals.”

Giovanna Santaniello, HEC Paris MBA, Class of 2015

What is it like to be a student at HEC Paris MBA? Student Voices is a student contributed section where current students share their first-hand experiences of life on campus and beyond.

The post Student Voices: The Forté Foundation Scholarship appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2014, 06:24
Hello everyone,

First time here and applying for Fall '15. My major concern is I am very late in applying to this one. Should I give a shot or is it better to defer my application?

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 03:21
Ajinkya87 wrote:
Hello everyone,

First time here and applying for Fall '15. My major concern is I am very late in applying to this one. Should I give a shot or is it better to defer my application?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ajinkya87,

In my opinion, go for it. If you get something like a wait-list decision, you can always ask them to defer to January intake and that might increase your chances.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 11:34
Thanks binmahmood.

I wish there was a way to find out the number of seats still vacant ;)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2015, 19:11

The Most & Least Selective International Business Schools

HEC Paris MBA is the most selective MBA Program in Europe:
http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/03/th ... schools/2/
Intern
Intern
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2015, 21:23
Hi, I am applying for MIF and MIM for the March session. Just a quick question.
Does it matter which session you apply for? Do I have lesser chances of getting selected if I apply for a later cycle than Jan 2015?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 08:55
Hi guys... Got Admit for HEC Sept 2015 intake just now. Happy. :-D :-D

Backgnd info: My profile is 6.5 years exp in oil & gas - Maintenance and projects.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 15:59
rahulwins wrote:

Backgnd info: My profile is 6.5 years exp in oil & gas - Maintenance and projects.

Hi rahulwins,

Congratulations and welcome on board!
Enjoy as much as you can till September. After that you're going to be really busy for the next 16 months. :-D
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 16:23
Manali21 wrote:
Hi, I am applying for MIF and MIM for the March session. Just a quick question.
Does it matter which session you apply for? Do I have lesser chances of getting selected if I apply for a later cycle than Jan 2015?

It depends. In a year when the school receives really high quality applications in the initial months, the selection committee might admit a higher number of applicants and the next few rounds become highly competitive as very few seats are available.
On the other hand, if they do not receive quality applications in the first few rounds, the school might select only a few cadidates and competition may not be so fierce in the next few rounds due to availability of more seats.
Noone can tell in which round you will have better "chances" as the quality of applications in each round is random. Just concentrate on submitting a great application. If your application is better than the others in that round, you will be selected. Although both MiM and MiF are highly competitive, it all depends on how good your individual application is. So just give it your best shot.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 19:43
Hi - Got an admit last night after a 2 month waitlist!. Is there a Facebook/Whatsapp group for admits?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2015, 00:29
pulkitlambah wrote:
Hi - Got an admit last night after a 2 month waitlist!. Is there a Facebook/Whatsapp group for admits?

Congrats Pulkit! Patience well rewarded!

Guys, confirmation from a waitlist at this time.
Can it mean less number of applicants than expected at the HEC?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2015, 01:20
Stan17 wrote:
pulkitlambah wrote:

Congrats Pulkit! Patience well rewarded!

Guys, confirmation from a waitlist at this time.
Can it mean less number of applicants than expected at the HEC?

Not at all. In fact the number of applications is much higher this year.
Here is how the wait list at HEC works. If the school likes your application but is unsure whether to accept or not due to some reason, they put you on the waitlist. The application is then evaluated again along with all the applications received in the next round and is reviewed just like the other applications. If the jury finds the application interesting compared to the other applicants in that round, they admit the candidate.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2015, 01:27
pulkitlambah wrote:

Congratulations Pulkit!
There is an official Facebook group which is managed by the MBA Council. Make sure you link your topapply account (used for your HEC application) to Facebook. You will receive an invite to join the group soon.
Whatsapp group can be created by anyone in your Intake as there is no official group for that.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2015, 05:34
Thanks guys. Have already linked my FB account to topapply, hoping to get the invite soon. Any idea about criteria for Excellence scholarships - is it solely acads & majorly GMAT Score?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2015, 21:37
rahulwins wrote:

Many congratulations Rahul!

Hope to meet you in September.
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jan 2015, 21:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 303 posts ] 

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap