It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 10:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 05:11
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone! Just created this thread because I've been searching for people who applied for the Jan 2019. Please post on this thread if you are applying for the Jan 2019 intake. I submitted my application on 31st Jan and received the mail that my application is complete and is sent for pre-selection.

HEC Paris Reviews | HEC Decision Tracker | HEC Interview Debriefs | HEC Application Deadlines

Important Posts from this topic....

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 11:17
merlion wrote:
Hi All - I'm planning to apply to HEC and INSEAD, and I have some questions about timing and references:

Timing: I already applied to INSEAD R1 for the January 2019 intake, and I want to know the best time to submit my HEC application. INSEAD's decision notification date is May 25, and I understand that by that point, the applicants would also know about any scholarship offers and have ~2 weeks to accept the school's offer. My initial thought was that HEC's May 1 deadline for a June 8 decision would be ideal to get decisions around the same time, but now I understand that you don't apply for HEC scholarships until after the school's decision. A few questions on timing:

• What would be the ideal time/round to apply to HEC if I want to be able to compare their offer with INSEAD's in the event that I get into both schools?
  • Does one have to make a decision on HEC before finding out about scholarships?
  • How much time does one have to accept/reject HEC's offer?

References: I'd like to have some background information before I approach potential references. The amount of work required will make a difference as to who I ask.

• What is the reference format?
  • Is a form letter required, or are there specific, short-answer questions?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Is anyone that has completed their application able to comment on the questions from merlion please? It will really be of help.

Many thanks and congrats to the admitted candidates!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 11:23
merlion wrote:
Hi All - I'm planning to apply to HEC and INSEAD, and I have some questions about timing and references:

Timing: I already applied to INSEAD R1 for the January 2019 intake, and I want to know the best time to submit my HEC application. INSEAD's decision notification date is May 25, and I understand that by that point, the applicants would also know about any scholarship offers and have ~2 weeks to accept the school's offer. My initial thought was that HEC's May 1 deadline for a June 8 decision would be ideal to get decisions around the same time, but now I understand that you don't apply for HEC scholarships until after the school's decision. A few questions on timing:

• What would be the ideal time/round to apply to HEC if I want to be able to compare their offer with INSEAD's in the event that I get into both schools?
  • Does one have to make a decision on HEC before finding out about scholarships?

References: I'd like to have some background information before I approach potential references. The amount of work required will make a difference as to who I ask.

Is anyone that has completed their application able to comment on the questions from merlion please? It will really be of help.

Many thanks and congrats to the admitted candidates!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 01:17
This post received
KUDOS
alexruizlee wrote:
Dear merlion,

please, see my answers below.

What would be the ideal time/round to apply to HEC if I want to be able to compare their offer with INSEAD's in the event that I get into both schools?

If you apply to HEC Paris on April 1st, you'll probably know whether you have been accepted or not by the first-second week of May. In case of being accepted, then you will have about one week or so to apply for some scholarships (other scholarship applications are just on a rolling basis). Therefore applying on April 1st seems your best option.

Does one have to make a decision on HEC before finding out about scholarships?

It depends on the scholarship you are applying to. For some scholarships, you will know within 1 or 2 weeks if you were awarded, for some others you will have make a decision before knowing so.

How much time does one have to accept/reject HEC's offer?

About one month.

What is the reference format? Is a form letter required, or are there specific, short-answer questions?

It's an online form where the recommender has to evaluate some of your abilities (e.g. intellectual or academic ability, oral communication skills, analytical skills, etc...) and language skills. The recommender also has to answer some questions. Please, see below.

1. How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate?
2. If this is a work related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long?
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths / talents?
4. What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement?

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks, Alex! This is very helpful.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 05:27
FYI, I've confirmed with HEC that there is a technical problem with the recommendation system. Links were never sent to my references despite my 4-5 attempts to do so. The issue has still not been resolved, and the school assured me that I could get some extra time to complete this portion of the application. My concern was that the April 1 deadline is during Good Friday/Easter weekend, and my references will be out of town on holiday for a full week after.
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head
INSEAD: MBA

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 12:46
Hi merlion,

thank you very much for sharing this. Some of my clients told me yesterday they were having this same issue.

It's good to know that the school is aware of it.

Why don't you contact the school and tell them about the Easter weekend? You might want to ask them how much extra time they can give you to complete the LORs part of the application.

Thank you!
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D
HR Executive Director
Independent Consultant
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
INSEAD Admissions Interviewer & Ambassador

+52 1 55 2702 0059
alex@ruizlee.es | alex.lee@insead.edu
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee
http://www.ruizlee.es

Please, email me your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 16:07
alexruizlee wrote:
Hi merlion,

thank you very much for sharing this. Some of my clients told me yesterday they were having this same issue.

It's good to know that the school is aware of it.

Why don't you contact the school and tell them about the Easter weekend? You might want to ask them how much extra time they can give you to complete the LORs part of the application.

Thank you!
Alex

Hi Alex - Yes, I did contact the school and mention the holiday weekend. They said they would allow extra time and wouldn't hold it against me if the recommendations come in late. We didn't discuss specific timelines, presumably since the issue still has not been resolved.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 05:56
Hi All - I submitted my application for the April 1 deadline and just started looking at the possible scholarships.

Does anyone know whether the people evaluating the external scholarships are able to see the candidate's full application?

For example, if admitted, I would apply for the Forte and L'Oreal scholarships, and I'm wondering whether it makes sense to repeat some of the main points from my application essays, or whether new material would be better. Any advice on this point would be greatly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 07:52
Do we have time until midnight CET for the Apr1 deadline?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 03:42
dahiyar wrote:
Hey everyone! Just created this thread because I've been searching for people who applied for the Jan 2019. Please post on this thread if you are applying for the Jan 2019 intake. I submitted my application on 31st Jan and received the mail that my application is complete and is sent for pre-selection.

HEC Paris Reviews | HEC Decision Tracker | HEC Interview Debriefs | HEC Application Deadlines

Important Posts from this topic....

Anyone else finding they can't update their status for January intake class of 2020?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 01:51
merlion wrote:

Hi,

Firstly good luck on your INSEAD application. Regarding HEC, as you mentioned, the May deadline would be ideal yes, but a tad bit late.I think the April deadline is already gone now so May is what you apply in.

It is correct that you apply for scholarships after getting your admit but you'll get the results for 2-3 scholarships before you make the initial deposit. For the deposit too you have about a month to do it. I got my admit mid Sep and had until end of Oct to save my seat with a deposit so I think that will buy you time to decide between HEC and INSEAD.

If you need nay help with HEC essays, I'd be happy to review as well.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 01:55
merlion wrote:
Hi All - I submitted my application for the April 1 deadline and just started looking at the possible scholarships.

Does anyone know whether the people evaluating the external scholarships are able to see the candidate's full application?

For example, if admitted, I would apply for the Forte and L'Oreal scholarships, and I'm wondering whether it makes sense to repeat some of the main points from my application essays, or whether new material would be better. Any advice on this point would be greatly appreciated!

Just saw you that you did apply in Apr.Good luck for that. I'm not sure regarding the scholarships as I didn't get any.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 15:34
Has anyone heard back about pre-selection decisions for the Jan 2019 intake? Indian based in the US, applied by April 1
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 23:04
pgpsm01010 wrote:
Has anyone heard back about pre-selection decisions for the Jan 2019 intake? Indian based in the US, applied by April 1

Yes, I applied for the same deadline and got my pre-selection decision Friday.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 01:06
merlion wrote:
pgpsm01010 wrote:

Yes, I applied for the same deadline and got my pre-selection decision Friday.

When did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 08:27
I have the same question
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 05:35
Anyone from India receive communication on pre-selection yet?
I applied for the Sept 2018 intake though and only received a mail that my application was complete and will be fwded for pre-selection.
Has anyone received updates already?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 23:21
I submitted on March 31, but haven't received any notification. Does anyone has same situation?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 23:38
lawrenceqj wrote:
I submitted on March 31, but haven't received any notification. Does anyone has same situation?

Ditto. Nothing to worry at this point of time.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:17
lawrenceqj wrote:

Yes, I submitted for the Sept 2018 intake on 27 March and haven't received anything apart from a confirmation that my application is complete and that it will be forwarded for pre-selection.
Apparently, they have another jury sitting this Tuesday, i.e. 17 April.
So, fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 08:07
Hi,
I never worked on client location , however from start of my career I have worked with International clients closely. Is it okay to mention that in International exposure section .
Here is the structure of my answer:
1. Mentioning how I was involved with clients
2. What and How achieved there.
3. What I learned from it
Is it okay to mention all this?

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2018, 08:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Jan 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap