It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 23:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 15:29
1988achilles wrote:
Hi Ameer,

I mailed previously for CV review but got no reply. Can you advise, whom should i mail for CV review.

Regards,

Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am Ameer Khatri. I am your thread master and I will keep you updated on the latest happening in the HEC Campus.

I am thrilled start my MBA at HEC Paris in sept 2016.

I wish everyone the best of luck for their applications. If anyone needs any help with regards to profile evaluations, Application essays or mock interviews for practice please feel free to reach out.
You can PM me here or you can drop me an E-mail at ameer.khatri@hec.edu. :)

I will try to host webinars and chats with the student council presidents and Adcoms if possible. Keep checking the thread for those updates.

To whom did you mail ?

There is no service in HEC providing CV reviews. There is just a profile assesment facility, where you submit ur CV and rest of the profile. Is that what you are talking about ?

You get ur profile assesment results pretty soon, if by any chance u did not get them please try again may be from a diffrent mail id or check ur spam mails.

If you want you can mail it to me at ameerkhatri6167@gmail.com i can give you a quick feedback on CV depending on what u r looking for.
CV review is pretty different from CV assesment.

Regards

Ameer Khatri | MBA Admissions Consultant

https://ameerkhatri.com/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 06:43
Dear all,

I have been selected for the Sep 2017 Intake. Can anyone please guide on the scholarship essays. I have seen the list of scholarships available with HEC. It would be most useful if you can connect me with someone who has won any of the scholarships - HEC excellence or the Loreal scholarships.

Secondly, are there any other avenues for getting scholarship? I mean other than the one's listed on the HEC website?

Kind Regards
Aditya

Current Student

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2016, 23:17
adityaroy2312 wrote:
Dear all,

I have been selected for the Sep 2017 Intake. Can anyone please guide on the scholarship essays. I have seen the list of scholarships available with HEC. It would be most useful if you can connect me with someone who has won any of the scholarships - HEC excellence or the Loreal scholarships.

Secondly, are there any other avenues for getting scholarship? I mean other than the one's listed on the HEC website?

Kind Regards
Aditya

Charpak is another schol u shld look at

Regards

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 08:52
Hello everyone,
Anyone who has applied for september round? Any news?

"No pain, no gain

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Real Estate)
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 09:17
paisaj87 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Anyone who has applied for September round? Any news?

Applied for September round. Received my pre-selection information today by mail. yet to receive information about the interview.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 10:42
pranayhd wrote:
paisaj87 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Anyone who has applied for September round? Any news?

Applied for September round. Received my pre-selection information today by mail. yet to receive information about the interview.

Congratz fr your pre-selection. Best of luck for the interviews.
Prepare your WHY MBA and WHY HEC answers to the best possible.

Regards

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 20:17
paisaj87 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Applied for the September round. Got pre-selected for the interviews. I am still waiting for further information on interviewers, location etc. I am yet to decide on my presentation topic. Any suggestion?
TIA

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 20:47
Hey any idea about the university transcripts that they require? what is a certified copy. How safe is it to send original transcripts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 21:28
pranayhd wrote:
Hey any idea about the university transcripts that they require? what is a certified copy. How safe is it to send original transcripts

I sent them my Official Transcripts. I got the transcripts from my university in a sealed envelop with the signature of Assistant Registrar across the seal.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 09:27
Hi All,

I am new to the thread so sorry if I am posting this question again.

I have submitted my application on 14th September, under consideration that I will get considered for 15 sept deadline. I haven't received any information from them except completion of application auto reply.

Please share if anyone from that slot already got pre-selected already...

i am not sure if I have lost my chance

I am very nervous any help is really appreciated .. thank you

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 16:03
Meenal87 wrote:
Hi All,

I have submitted my application on 14th September, under consideration that I will get considered for 15 sept deadline. I haven't received any information from them except completion of application auto reply.

Hi Meenal,

You submitted your application for the 15th sept. deadline, it's only been 2 weeks so far. the shortlist process can take upto 4 weeks in some cases.
Thr is no reason to be nervous. The process takes 5 weeks in total, you should hear something by 15th of oct. And if you are not shortlisted even then you would get a polite rejection mail. :) so no need to be nervous, HEC will E-mail you to tell you your fate.

Last year, i got my shortlist result after 4 weeks And I only had 6 days to schedule and give both of my interviews before the result announcement deadline.

Regards

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 16:08
gutkarsh wrote:
pranayhd wrote:

I sent them my Official Transcripts. I got the transcripts from my university in a sealed envelop with the signature of Assistant Registrar across the seal.

You can send your official transcripts to HEC. If you do not feel that to be a safe thing to do, then you can submit attested photocopies as well and show them your originals when you start your classes at the campus. In case you send them your original copies then you can collect them back when you join the campus or even ask them to send it back to you in case you decide to join other school. But i would suggest you to submit attested copies.

I hope the question was related to after being accepted in HEC MBA.

Regards

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 16:11
gutkarsh wrote:
paisaj87 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Applied for the September round. Got pre-selected for the interviews. I am still waiting for further information on interviewers, location etc. I am yet to decide on my presentation topic. Any suggestion?
TIA

Take a genral topic which you feel comfortable discussing about. it can be anything you feel ur interview might be interested to know. Anything related to your background...or any social issue in your country..just make sure its not too technical and present it in a nice manner.
best of luck for interviews.

If you need any help feel free to reach out.

Regards

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 21:51
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
Meenal87 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Meenal,

You submitted your application for the 15th sept. deadline, it's only been 2 weeks so far. the shortlist process can take upto 4 weeks in some cases.
Thr is no reason to be nervous. The process takes 5 weeks in total, you should hear something by 15th of oct. And if you are not shortlisted even then you would get a polite rejection mail. :) so no need to be nervous, HEC will E-mail you to tell you your fate.

Last year, i got my shortlist result after 4 weeks And I only had 6 days to schedule and give both of my interviews before the result announcement deadline.

Hi Ameer,

Thank you for replying to me ... I am very relived and will focus my energy on preparation .. hope I will have same fate as urs :)

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2016, 06:26
If you are applying to HEC Paris this application season and looking for professional help to craft your applications, we have HEC grads who have been offering professional advice with great success. Check out our consultants who consult for HEC here

ApplyMBA | Get expert help with your applications with a consultant of your choice and budget.
Find your consultant now

Download the free ApplyMBA Mobile App
Free app that helps you organize your MBA applications
With information on top 100 international MBA
Available for both Android and IOS. Search for ApplyMBA in the app stores

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2016, 20:41
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
gutkarsh wrote:
paisaj87 wrote:
Hello everyone,

TIA

Take a genral topic which you feel comfortable discussing about. it can be anything you feel ur interview might be interested to know. Anything related to your background...or any social issue in your country..just make sure its not too technical and present it in a nice manner.
best of luck for interviews.

If you need any help feel free to reach out.

Many thanks Ameer! I'll probably choose a topic related to my industry and highlight the key issues and the way forward.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 04:07
nipunjain14 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks for starting this thread. I am applying for Sept'17 intake too. I did submit my profile for quick evaluation and since my score is 630 i was recommended to apply with better score. Their current average is 685.
I am rewriting my test on 4th Oct and there will submit application by Nov deadline. Hopefully I am not too late. Just wanted to check if my assumption that application from all rounds are treated equally. Please let me know

Hi nipunjain14,

Have you managed GMAT yesterday?)

Btw, I'm also applying for Sept 2017 intake. On my way of writing essays... :)
So, hi to All & look forward to sharing news and ideas!

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 21

GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 08:30
Live4fun wrote:
nipunjain14 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks for starting this thread. I am applying for Sept'17 intake too. I did submit my profile for quick evaluation and since my score is 630 i was recommended to apply with better score. Their current average is 685.
I am rewriting my test on 4th Oct and there will submit application by Nov deadline. Hopefully I am not too late. Just wanted to check if my assumption that application from all rounds are treated equally. Please let me know

Hi nipunjain14,

Hi Live4fun,

I did take the test yesterday, I got 680 :( . But anyway I am going to apply with this score, let's see where I endup. Hopefully in HEC ( I know this is being over optimistic)

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 21

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 09:20
Hey,
Remember that your profile as a whole is much more than a score in test. Althoug the GMAT score is important so it is your essays, experience and RL.
If you feel that your score is not as good try offsetting that whith strong essays and having a honest motivation to be in HEC.
Best,

nipunjain14 wrote:
Live4fun wrote:
nipunjain14 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi nipunjain14,

Hi Live4fun,

I did take the test yesterday, I got 680 :( . But anyway I am going to apply with this score, let's see where I endup. Hopefully in HEC ( I know this is being over optimistic)

"No pain, no gain

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 10:27
nipunjain14 wrote:
Live4fun wrote:
nipunjain14 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi nipunjain14,

Hi Live4fun,

Hi nipunjain14,

I really believe that's a nice result. Anyway, HEC states their average at 690, so "roughly" half have lower score and still get their admissions. Honestly, I have the same story with my score, but will apply and concentrate on other strong sides.

Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2016, 10:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 172 posts ] 

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap