GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 11:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 09:31
Me to. Just got a call from Michael Scott

Congrats to all of us who got selected!!

We should create a small group to keep ourselves updated with all the subsequent procedures and events
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 109
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 09:34
vikas7250 wrote:
Me to. Just got a call from Michael Scott

Congrats to all of us who got selected!!

We should create a small group to keep ourselves updated with all the subsequent procedures and events

Congrats to all of you.
PM me your contact. I'll create a WhatsApp group

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 17:18
Got in as well! Congrats guys :)


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 109
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 18:41
sakura0 wrote:
Got in as well! Congrats guys :)


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Congrats guys. I've already created a WhatsApp group. PM me your numbers so that I can include you
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 59
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 04:14
Hello Guys,

Please find a debrief of the interview process. I received the contact details of the two alumni that would interview me, I promptly contact them and we scheduled the meetings.

Both interviewers asked the typical questions Why MBA? Why now? Why HEC? , we also went over my resume (important that you state the rationale behind every decision you took), and they asked behavioral questions about teamwork, leadership, receiving feedback, etc.

Tips:
1. First of all be honest with yourself. If you can’t find straightforward questions to the why MBA, why HEC, why now questions it may be that you are probably in the wrong place. If you don’t have this questions clear in your own mind it’s not worth it to spend a lot of cash and time in this project. In the other hand, if you are sure about your MBA this question should not be any problem
2. Think beforehand what you are going to ask. Do not go over topics you easily could get info from the webpages or forums such as this. Try to gasp information about their experience in HEC. What did they like/dislike.
3. Be genuine, you don’t want to be accepted to a program while faking being someone you are not. Remember this is the place you would be spending more than a year in, and you should be confident that they have accepted you for who you really are.

Maybe these are obvious tips but I bet many applicants try to force things and that’s why the process could go upside down even thou they have a strong profile in paper.
Good Luck to All!
_________________

"No pain, no gain

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5806
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 07:58

This chat is starting in 5 minutes. Join chat room if you around..mchat.php?fl=menu



Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, October 25: Combined Live Chat for INSEAD, LBS, and HEC Paris Applicants


Dear Applicants, we've scheduled a live chat with former adcoms and admission experts of INSEAD, LBS, and HEC Paris on coming Tuesday. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for adcom/students, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from admission experts. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

Admission Experts Participating in the Chat
  • Melissa Jones, former Admission Director at INSEAD and Admission Expert at Fortuna Admissions.
  • Emma Bond, former Sr Admission Manager at LBS and Admission Expert at Fortuna Admissions.

October 25, 2016 | Tuesday | 9:00 AM Pacific Time; 5:00 PM BST; 9:30 PM India Time. | Place: Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 9
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 01:32
I had my first interview yesterday and now i am a little bit puzzled.
My interviewer is a HEC 2006 Alumni. After reviewing my CV and asking a couple of question about my career goals, he advised me not to apply to HEC. He said that i would be better going for LBS or IMD!!!. He seemed a little bit frustrated by his post MBA experience.
I've googled for further reviews last night to see that reviews prior to 2012 overhauling suggests that HEC is a league under LBS, whilst later reviews suggests the opposite.
I am a little bit confused now
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 07:28
Hey guys,

I got admitted to HEC MBA last week.

After looking at scholarship results today, I am very disappointed that I did not get the HEC MBA excellence scholarship or any other scholarship!

Everyone says that HEC MBA is a good value for money and I have heard that people get even upto 3 scholarships, totally worth 25000 euros

Can someone share their experience?

Seeing "0 euro" scholarship means I potentially have to pay 62 k euros!

My profile:
IIT Delhi B.Tech degree
5 yrs international work exp in major petroleum company
GMAT 690
Strong recommendations
My 2 alumni interviews were very good too
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 59
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 07:48
OmarHEC wrote:
I had my first interview yesterday and now i am a little bit puzzled.
My interviewer is a HEC 2006 Alumni. After reviewing my CV and asking a couple of question about my career goals, he advised me not to apply to HEC. He said that i would be better going for LBS or IMD!!!. He seemed a little bit frustrated by his post MBA experience.
I've googled for further reviews last night to see that reviews prior to 2012 overhauling suggests that HEC is a league under LBS, whilst later reviews suggests the opposite.
I am a little bit confused now



It seems at least strange that an alumni that is "helping" HEC with the interviews would advice you not to enroll. Nevertheless this particular can Alumni can be frustrated with his labor projection after MBA (this again is not to be charged solely on the MBA program).

I have spoken to several pre-2012 alumni and they are doing great....I think it is a very personal decision.
_________________

"No pain, no gain

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 9
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2016, 00:44
paisaj87 wrote:
OmarHEC wrote:
I had my first interview yesterday and now i am a little bit puzzled.
My interviewer is a HEC 2006 Alumni. After reviewing my CV and asking a couple of question about my career goals, he advised me not to apply to HEC. He said that i would be better going for LBS or IMD!!!. He seemed a little bit frustrated by his post MBA experience.
I've googled for further reviews last night to see that reviews prior to 2012 overhauling suggests that HEC is a league under LBS, whilst later reviews suggests the opposite.
I am a little bit confused now



It seems at least strange that an alumni that is "helping" HEC with the interviews would advice you not to enroll. Nevertheless this particular can Alumni can be frustrated with his labor projection after MBA (this again is not to be charged solely on the MBA program).

I have spoken to several pre-2012 alumni and they are doing great....I think it is a very personal decision.


That's exactly what I thought. Probably it is a singularity.
What caught my attention the most, was the English level of the interviewer. It was far below what I expected.
I have the second interview next Thursday. will share that with you
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 109
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 19:27
OmarHEC wrote:
paisaj87 wrote:
OmarHEC wrote:
I had my first interview yesterday and now i am a little bit puzzled.
My interviewer is a HEC 2006 Alumni. After reviewing my CV and asking a couple of question about my career goals, he advised me not to apply to HEC. He said that i would be better going for LBS or IMD!!!. He seemed a little bit frustrated by his post MBA experience.
I've googled for further reviews last night to see that reviews prior to 2012 overhauling suggests that HEC is a league under LBS, whilst later reviews suggests the opposite.
I am a little bit confused now



It seems at least strange that an alumni that is "helping" HEC with the interviews would advice you not to enroll. Nevertheless this particular can Alumni can be frustrated with his labor projection after MBA (this again is not to be charged solely on the MBA program).

I have spoken to several pre-2012 alumni and they are doing great....I think it is a very personal decision.


That's exactly what I thought. Probably it is a singularity.
What caught my attention the most, was the English level of the interviewer. It was far below what I expected.
I have the second interview next Thursday. will share that with you

@OmarHEC how was your second interview?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 9
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 00:17
gutkarsh wrote:
OmarHEC wrote:
paisaj87 wrote:

It seems at least strange that an alumni that is "helping" HEC with the interviews would advice you not to enroll. Nevertheless this particular can Alumni can be frustrated with his labor projection after MBA (this again is not to be charged solely on the MBA program).

I have spoken to several pre-2012 alumni and they are doing great....I think it is a very personal decision.


That's exactly what I thought. Probably it is a singularity.
What caught my attention the most, was the English level of the interviewer. It was far below what I expected.
I have the second interview next Thursday. will share that with you

OmarHEC how was your second interview?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


The second one was great.

My interviewer was a pre 2012 graduate and he is now working as a consultant.

he had an engineering background and he specialized in marketing.

We went through the presentation smoothly. He then asked me a couple of questions on why HEC and Why an MBA. My replies were spontaneous and we were on the same wavelength.

I asked him about pros and cons of HEC MBA program.

as main cons he stated "traditional French style management" and limited diversity (both changed following 2012 overhauling).

He advised that he will recommend me.

I am pretty optimistic now.

final decision should be out on November 18th

Regards
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 109
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 01:06
OmarHEC wrote:
The second one was great.

My interviewer was a pre 2012 graduate and he is now working as a consultant.

he had an engineering background and he specialized in marketing.

We went through the presentation smoothly. He then asked me a couple of questions on why HEC and Why an MBA. My replies were spontaneous and we were on the same wavelength.

I asked him about pros and cons of HEC MBA program.

as main cons he stated "traditional French style management" and limited diversity (both changed following 2012 overhauling).

He advised that he will recommend me.

I am pretty optimistic now.

final decision should be out on November 18th

Regards

Great! All the best for the results.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 65
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2016, 21:46
Hola Everyone!

This may not be the right forum for this, but I just wanted some information on HEC Paris Msc Strategic Management course?
It would be great if anyone can help me connect with some of their alumni or the correct group where I could post my queries.

Appreciate your help.

Many thanks!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 23:27
Hey Guys,

Sorry to be joining the party late :)

I am Arun from Hyderabad,India with 7+ work experience across consulting, product-management and real-estate. Applied to HEC Paris for the Oct'15 th Round (Sep 2017 Intake). Completed both my interviews ( 1. In-Person at Bangalore,India 2. Skype Interview) last weekend. Fingers crossed for the November 18th decision.

Good luck to everyone for the results :)

Cheers
Arun
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 59
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 03:40
akunapar wrote:
Hey Guys,

Sorry to be joining the party late :)

I am Arun from Hyderabad,India with 7+ work experience across consulting, product-management and real-estate. Applied to HEC Paris for the Oct'15 th Round (Sep 2017 Intake). Completed both my interviews ( 1. In-Person at Bangalore,India 2. Skype Interview) last weekend. Fingers crossed for the November 18th decision.

Good luck to everyone for the results :)

Cheers
Arun


Welcome to the forum and just let us know when the news arrive. Good Luck.
_________________

"No pain, no gain

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 05:45
Hey guys! I got in :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 07:48
akunapar wrote:
Hey guys! I got in :)

Hey akunapr that great news. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Location: Zimbabwe
GPA: 1
My HEC Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2016, 18:30
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 09:30
Hello everyone!
i just applied for the 15th November intake HEC-MBA (Sept 2017). Still waiting for a response. Do you know if it takes more than 2 weeks to answer for pre-selection? i hope i have time to prepare my presentations for the interviews (if i am preselected, fingers crossed! )
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018 &nbs [#permalink] 29 Nov 2016, 09:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 174 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants:(Sept2017 intake)Class of Dec2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.