Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.5
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021) [#permalink]
manutap94 wrote:
Has anyone in Latin America received news?

I'm in LATAM, and haven't received any word yet. Hopefully early next week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021) [#permalink]
mtn7 wrote:
manutap94 wrote:
Has anyone in Latin America received news?

I'm in LATAM, and haven't received any word yet. Hopefully early next week.

I hope so too ! Although there were no Ad in latam. Wait good news!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any news from people who attended AD in Barcelona?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Curro13 wrote:
Any news from people who attended AD in Barcelona?

Curro13 my client was there and no word so far. Hoping tomorrow there is news!

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Send PM
Expert Reply
My client from Barcelona AD was accepted today, yay! I've never really asked any of my clients how they found out about scholarship information for iese. Is that included in the initial call, the letter that comes after it or a separate process entirely?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
My client from Barcelona AD was accepted today, yay! I've never really asked any of my clients how they found out about scholarship information for iese. Is that included in the initial call, the letter that comes after it or a separate process entirely?

Hello,

As far as I know, Some received scholarships with the initial call / acceptance letter, some received after that. IESE has scheduled committees to discuss scholarships that, sometimes, doesn't fit with / are not before the decision deadlines.

Best,
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
rcaraujo20 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hello,

As far as I know, Some received scholarships with the initial call / acceptance letter, some received after that. IESE has scheduled committees to discuss scholarships that, sometimes, doesn't fit with / are not before the decision deadlines.

Best,
Hi, thank you! rcaraujo20

My rounds two IESE client was offered 40K€ in the letter a couple days following her phone call, in this R3 person's letter it states that the scholarship committee is meeting on May 30th. Incidentally, you have to make a commitment by that point.

Kind of a bummer then he has to make a choice before having scholarship information.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone received any news today or yesterday ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No still waiting

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I received the acceptance call 1 hour ago...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.5
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Depends a bit on your time zone obviously, but it is the last day.
If you had an interview, usually you will get a call (unless they can’t reach you, or are having issues , in which case you should get an email.)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a first year at IESE. The first year it's slowly coming to an end and I remember being super curious about the experience etc...
I know a lot of you are interested in a consulting career and I wanted to give an outline of what to expect and what you can do right now to start working on your
interviews and prep.
The first term is hard and giving it a head start is not a bad idea (I think).
I tried to compile everything you need to know about the consulting prep and interviews here on my blog:
https://iesemba.com/2019/04/27/consulti ... view-prep/

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions!
this year has been amazing, for those still waiting don't lose hope!
Send PM
Expert Reply
al6dK wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm a first year at IESE. The first year it's slowly coming to an end and I remember being super curious about the experience etc...
I know a lot of you are interested in a consulting career and I wanted to give an outline of what to expect and what you can do right now to start working on your
interviews and prep.
I tried to compile everything you need to know about the consulting prep and interviews here on my blog:

Very helpful information, thank you for compiling it. I will refer my clients going for Strat Consulting to this blog. Génial!

Are you going to go for a different recruitment now? What if you seen as the pros and cons of IESE?

I have a Lebanese client who will be attending in the fall, curious if there's some brand recognition in the francophone world.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
al6dK wrote:
Hi everyone,

interviews and prep.

Very helpful information, thank you for compiling it. I will refer my clients going for Strat Consulting to this blog. Génial!

Are you going to go for a different recruitment now? What if you seen as the pros and cons of IESE?

I have a Lebanese client who will be attending in the fall, curious if there's some brand recognition in the francophone world.

Hey Thanks for your reply!

My focus has always been tech, but in November I decided to apply to consulting because everyone else did :)
I recently have been accepted for an internship at Google in Paris! I'm very happy about that because it as my focus since the beginning.

I'm going to release a few more articles on the different companies I applied and interviewed with (Uber, HP among others).
Probably sometime after the midterms.

I saw you mention financial information, I wrote an article about that last year as I was struggling to find relevant info
It's available here: https://iesemba.com/2018/08/10/how-to-finance-your-mba/

I don't think there is much recognition in the francophone world. I think Belgium has no idea the school exists.
I applied for a lot of reasons (btw I wrote another article about that haha: https://iesemba.com/2018/08/13/why-iese/)

Have a nice day!

Waïna
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi al6dK aka Waina :)

Thank you so so much for those helpful links, I passed them over to my Lebanese client who is headed to IESE soon. He is working on lining up finance shiz right now. Such a great tip about Banc Sabadell! Would you be open to chatting with him? Give him the 411 on Barcelona (btw he was robbed in the airport pauvre gar!)

I was a bit nervous having him select IESE over HEC because HEC is better known in the francophone circles; what are your thoughts about that? Evidently you did pretty well we can't sneeze at Google Paris to be sure. Look forward to your future articles.

If you are willing to take requests, would love a blog on what you thought IESE/Barcelona would be like and how it differed. Would be interesting.

Cheers
Farrell

al6dK wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
al6dK wrote:
Hi everyone,

interviews and prep.

Hey Thanks for your reply!

My focus has always been tech, but in November I decided to apply to consulting because everyone else did :)
I recently have been accepted for an internship at Google in Paris! I'm very happy about that because it as my focus since the beginning.

I'm going to release a few more articles on the different companies I applied and interviewed with (Uber, HP among others).
Probably sometime after the midterms.

I saw you mention financial information, I wrote an article about that last year as I was struggling to find relevant info
It's available here: https://iesemba.com/2018/08/10/how-to-finance-your-mba/

I don't think there is much recognition in the francophone world. I think Belgium has no idea the school exists.
I applied for a lot of reasons (btw I wrote another article about that haha: https://iesemba.com/2018/08/13/why-iese/)

Have a nice day!

Waïna
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sure thing!
send me a PM
Admitted
05 Jun, 2019
05 Jun 2019, 11:41
DifficultLemon GMAT: 700, Q46, V40; GPA: 2.79; WE: 120 months; United States, IN; via Phone
Prep for the interview but don't be nervous. They want you to do well. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I want to know my chances of getting into Iese Deferred MBA

Academic grades: Score in 10th is 88%, 12th std grade= 90%. Graduating from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Bachelors of Business Administration program with a CGPA of 3.8/4. My UG university is ranked in top 10 for this field.Pursuing Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA UK).

Internship experience: Data Analyst at a quick-service restaurant. Secured a 2 months internship at PWC for coming summer

Achievements: Winner of State level table tennis tournament and secured All India Rank 1 in multiple CIMA exams. Won various B-plan competition and startup idea competition.

Extra-curriculars: One year experience at an NGO. Member of Entrepreneurship Cell of my college and AISEC club. Published a research paper on Operation Research in a journal with an impact factor of 7.0.

Certification course: Financial Market from Yale University via Coursera. Stock trading Workshop at IIT-B. I have completed a couple of more certification courses in other domains.

Expected GMAT score: 710-730 ( Got 710 in first simulated/ mock test)

I have also worked closely with my brother on a startup which in in B2B domain and have revenues of a $500,000.

Please provide me valuable insights into my profile and areas of improvement

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts