Last visit was: 15 Jul 2024, 00:39 It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 00:39
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  59   
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1937
Own Kudos [?]: 714 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Jun 2023
Posts: 19
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: LBS
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Dec 2020
Posts: 34
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Sep 2018
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
shubhamsinha007 wrote:
Hi Everyone, while filling the IIM A pgpx form its asking for reporting manager name and contact. Does IIM contact the manager for any feedback or such? Posted from my mobile device

Not before you get selected and accept the admission
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jan 2023
Posts: 102
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Location: India
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
YogeshBardia wrote:
Hello Everyone, I wanted to get my profile evaluated as I am new to this and I recently learned that I would have to give my exams and apply for B Schools in the coming 2-3 years, so I am very anxious that I might not be able to complete all the needed steps in time or I might mess up, so please help me by evaluating my profile and tell me what I might need to do.

I am currently a senior year student pursuing my Bachelors in IT with 4.0 GPA( 9.25/10)

My Experiences: I don’t have any post graduation work ex as I am not graduated yet.

I have completed a 3 month Internship as a Business Analyst at Finlatics and I am currently working as an intern at Innoventa.

I have worked as a Tutor for 26+ months and I have taught 400+ students from Grade 11 and 12, where I taught students who were financially restricted and helped them in any way I can.

Extra curriculars:

I have won a Gold medal at NCSC 2018, an International Science Project and Debate Competition. Also I have participated and been a placeholder in many other Competitions and Tournaments.

I have also completed many certification courses in courses like Digital Marketing and Data Analysis from Institutes like Google and Microsoft.

I am also a member of our Terapanth Community where we run Blood Donation Camps, Food distribution Camps and Charity drives.


I also tried to get up a start-up related to Waste Management and its Utility, but we had to lose it all due to internal disputes in our founding team.

I also play Football(Soccer) and I have participated in a National Level Tournament and many other Tournaments like Neymar Cup, LJ LUMINA and many others.

Other than these skills I have a keen interest in astronomy and MacroEconomics and I try to keep up-to-date on these Topics and learn more about them In my free time.

I have started writing a book where I try to talk and explain about a lot of different concepts and theories about Space and Time and I throw many questions at myself about them and try to figure out about their answers.

I have been a part of many programs such as Awareness about Periods and Sustainability in Modern Industry and others.

Some of my Hobbies are Gym, Football, and Learning about my interests.

My post MBA

Short Term Goals: Work as a Management Consultant in a relatively big Consulting Firm and improve some crucial skills and gain Experience about how things work in the major leagues.

Long-Term Goals: Work on my previous start-up again and turn it into a Company and open my own Hyper-Car Company.

sorry for making it way too big and I really appreciate your time for reading it


This group is for 1yr MBA applicants, which requires minimum 4yrs work-ex for IIMA and 5yrs for IIM BCLI. You're way too early here.
You can start your GMAT prep once you have 3yrs+ work-ex. In the meantime, work on building your profile (career, and anything else you're interested in).

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1937
Own Kudos [?]: 714 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
YogeshBardia wrote:
Hello Everyone, I wanted to get my profile evaluated as I am new to this and I recently learned that I would have to give my exams and apply for B Schools in the coming 2-3 years, so I am very anxious that I might not be able to complete all the needed steps in time or I might mess up, so please help me by evaluating my profile and tell me what I might need to do.

I am currently a senior year student pursuing my Bachelors in IT with 4.0 GPA( 9.25/10)

My Experiences: I don’t have any post graduation work ex as I am not graduated yet.

I have completed a 3 month Internship as a Business Analyst at Finlatics and I am currently working as an intern at Innoventa.

I have worked as a Tutor for 26+ months and I have taught 400+ students from Grade 11 and 12, where I taught students who were financially restricted and helped them in any way I can.

Extra curriculars:

I have won a Gold medal at NCSC 2018, an International Science Project and Debate Competition. Also I have participated and been a placeholder in many other Competitions and Tournaments.

I have also completed many certification courses in courses like Digital Marketing and Data Analysis from Institutes like Google and Microsoft.

I am also a member of our Terapanth Community where we run Blood Donation Camps, Food distribution Camps and Charity drives.


I also tried to get up a start-up related to Waste Management and its Utility, but we had to lose it all due to internal disputes in our founding team.

I also play Football(Soccer) and I have participated in a National Level Tournament and many other Tournaments like Neymar Cup, LJ LUMINA and many others.

Other than these skills I have a keen interest in astronomy and MacroEconomics and I try to keep up-to-date on these Topics and learn more about them In my free time.

I have started writing a book where I try to talk and explain about a lot of different concepts and theories about Space and Time and I throw many questions at myself about them and try to figure out about their answers.

I have been a part of many programs such as Awareness about Periods and Sustainability in Modern Industry and others.

Some of my Hobbies are Gym, Football, and Learning about my interests.

My post MBA

Short Term Goals: Work as a Management Consultant in a relatively big Consulting Firm and improve some crucial skills and gain Experience about how things work in the major leagues.

Long-Term Goals: Work on my previous start-up again and turn it into a Company and open my own Hyper-Car Company.

sorry for making it way too big and I really appreciate your time for reading it



YogeshBardia

A promising start sets the stage for success. I'm genuinely impressed by your meticulous planning and keen awareness. However, acquiring a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience is a prerequisite for enrolling in a global MBA program (not PGDMs), and 4 years for the esteemed IIM A PGP.

If you're interested in a brief conversation about strategizing your career over the next 2 years after your graduation, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to offer my guidance.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Joined: 20 Aug 2018
Posts: 224
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Can i take my test on sept 4 n submit the round 1 application directly by sending scores from the test centre??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Sep 2018
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
197369 wrote:
Can i take my test on sept 4 n submit the round 1 application directly by sending scores from the test centre?? Posted from my mobile device

Yes. You can upload the test centre copy of the result while submitting your application. The Adcom will get in touch with you later (just before your interviews )and seek clarification, you can explain then.
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Sep 2020
Posts: 14
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12761
Own Kudos [?]: 8913 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Anyone able to submit the application?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 18 Aug 2020
Posts: 94
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Nikhil wrote:
Anyone able to submit the application?

I submitted yesterday
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12761
Own Kudos [?]: 8913 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Good to know Gurunathps All the best.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 May 2021
Posts: 38
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Hi all. On what basis are candidates shortlisted for submitting essays?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12761
Own Kudos [?]: 8913 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Can someone tell us what are the essays from last year?
ISB School Moderator
Joined: 15 May 2022
Posts: 243
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Here you go, Nikhil,
1. Please describe some of the challenges you faced in the last three years of your work life and how you were able to overcome them.
2. Tell us what is special about you that makes you a good addition to the classroom.
3. What will a management degree bring to you at this stage of your career?
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12761
Own Kudos [?]: 8913 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you sandip2295
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Dec 2022
Posts: 13
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
I am almost through with my application for IIM-A PGPX, but could someone still go through my profile and give me an evaluation? I'm a 26-year-old male candidate.

Academics
10th: 90% (ICSE)
12th: 93% (ISC)
UG: 70% (BCom Hons)
GMAT: 680 (Q43 V40)

Extra curriculars
These were all during my college years. I was the member of the events team that handled an annual fest with 40+ events each year in all of my three years in college. I was active in college politics and elected as the class rep in each of the two years I stood as a candidate. I have won several accolades in writing and management events.

Work experience
I will have over six years of work ex in the sports content industry (four years in sports media, two years in sports data analytics) by end of March 2024. I have worked on and with (as direct clients) most of the top sporting leagues that you can think of (IPL, English Premier League, NBA, to name a few).

Career goals
I want to move into product and consultancy roles. In my application, I have highlighted huge similarities in the sports content industry and B2C industries (which I firmly believe to be true). In my years, I have worked on the functions of SEO, editorial planning, team management, social media, budgeting, data analysis and finally, product planning. I want to do an MBA to get a better grasp of the business side of things, which I believe would make me the complete package for the career progression plans I mentioned at the beginning.

If someone could give me an idea of b-schools that I should realistically be targeting (I will apply to all the top ones in India, of course), I would be grateful.

Additionally, I have one doubt. Of the six years of work ex I mentioned, I worked on an exclusive contract as a consultant (I could not take any other work with any other company) and not as a full-time employee. I have the necessary documents to prove the nature of the contract. Should I mention this period in my work ex or skip it?

Many thanks in advance to whoever bothers to go through this long comment and takes the time to reply.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Aug 2023
Posts: 10
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile for IIM:

GMAT Score: 650

Educational Qualifications:

Professional:
CFA (Level 3) Completed
Chartered Accountant

Graduation Completed BCom with 8.16 CGPA.
H.S.C secured 94% from State Board
S.S.C secured 84% from ICSE

Work Experience:
Working as an Assurance Manager in one of the Big4 Accounting firm (5 years work experience, 1 year as manager)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Jun 2021
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Hello
Is it mandatory to upload CV in IIMA PGPX application, under employement details tab.
Regards
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1937
Own Kudos [?]: 714 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Sainz_Sri wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for IIM:

GMAT Score: 650

Educational Qualifications:

Professional:
CFA (Level 3) Completed
Chartered Accountant

Graduation Completed BCom with 8.16 CGPA.
H.S.C secured 94% from State Board
S.S.C secured 84% from ICSE

Work Experience:
Working as an Assurance Manager in one of the Big4 Accounting firm (5 years work experience, 1 year as manager)


Sainz_Sri

Your background in finance and the fact that you've completed all three levels of the CFA program are valuable assets that can greatly benefit you in your application. Your GMAT score, at 650, is relatively low. Given that IIM A places significant emphasis on the academic credentials of applicants, it's advisable to work on improving your GMAT score. I hope your quant score is not that low.

I see immense potential in shedding light on the type of high impact projects you were involved with during your job at Big4. (I am sure there will be many experiences which can stand out. Identify which ones!). That shows progression. Unpack your experiences and reconstruct your stories to show that working on such projects has given you much more hands-on experience and opportunities to engage with industry leaders, more experiential maturity, and greater capability to contextualize business problems.

Without more specific information regarding your work experience and professional growth trajectory, it is difficult to provide meaningful advice.

Get personalized advice tailored to your specific situation. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours with our applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  59