GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

IIM Bangalore EPGP Profiles

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
IIM Bangalore EPGP Profiles  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Sep 2018, 06:56
IIMB has opened its Round 1 application cycle and the last date for submission is on 30th August 2018.

IIMB focuses on consistent academic performance and professional experience that can add value to the class.

IIMB application requires one mandatory essay - “Statement of Purpose” (500 words). IIMB wants candidates who demonstrate clarity of thought and who have taken a structured approach towards building their careers. This essay is an opportunity for you to present to the ADCOM why MBA is the next important and logical step for you by presenting your career story and highlighting the aspects that made you take the decision. A lots of emphasis is put on class diversity and therefore it becomes even more important to highlight your unique attributes in your SOP.

Now is a good time to start working on your application and essay, especially if you are interested to apply to multiple business schools.

We at “BeyondtheGMAT” provide a free evaluation of your profile and guide you in selecting your target business schools. We help you shape an all-rounded application that resonates well with the adcoms at each B school.

Connect with us through call or WhatsApp @+91-7022839859 or email us your one page CV at beyondthegmat@gmail.com.

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

Originally posted by Beyondthegmat on 01 Jul 2018, 10:48.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Sep 2018, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Renamed
Manager
Manager
G
GPA: 3.97
Re: IIM Bangalore EPGP Profiles  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2018, 18:10
My profile Evaluation please:
Female, IT 8 years of work experience,
10th - 87% C.B.S.E
12th -86% C.B.S.E
Engineering -I.T 80%
Currently in investment banking (Tech sector)

Please give Kudos. Kudos encourage active discussions and help the community grow

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2018, 22:42
Hello globaldesi

Though your grades look decent, but the info provided is too little to give a meaningful feedback.
Remember that a good school will look at all the 6 admission factors mentioned here while evaluating your application.
It would help to know what you have done and achieved in these 8 years, what sort of GMAT score are you expecting, what are the extracurricular activities you are involved in and what are your future career goals.
Based on this info it will be easier to assess your profile.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

globaldesi wrote:
10th - 87% C.B.S.E
12th -86% C.B.S.E
Engineering -I.T 80%

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 10:38
Academic Potential – 10th - 87% C.B.S.E
12th -86% C.B.S.E
Engineering -I.T 80% , GMAT -680
Work Experience – I have been in I.T industry for close to 8 years. Dealing mostly with Systems integration.
Goal Clarity – Want to continue in the same field while bringing in managerial aspects
Leadership – Handled a team of juniors and performers under me

Please give Kudos. Kudos encourage active discussions and help the community grow

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 12:47
Whats the average GMA score of Epgp applicants in IIm b

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 18:59
Hello globaldesi

The avg GMAT of EPGP is 709 (you can check that on the website too)
EPGP is really increased its focus on diversity in the last 1-2 years. TO know more what EPGP looks in a successful applicant you could read here.
With a 680 in GMAT and IT profile you will need to highlight some other stellar strengths.
So more than 8 years showcase what you have done and achieved in these 8 years- what is your career progress and key accomplishments?
Leading a team is your job. It does not necessarily make you a leader. Make sure to highlight stories of leadership, people with no team management experience can also do that.
Product/Project Management or IT consulting might be an organic role for you. You can supplement your research on career goals here.
You should definitely mention your extracurricular too as they will add the much needed diversity to your profile.
To conclude- a 680 is low and being from IT does not further help your case. You will need to really bring out something stellar in your career (in the SOP) to stand a fighting chance of admission.
Should your feel the need to discuss this further, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

globaldesi wrote:
12th -86% C.B.S.E
Work Experience – I have been in I.T industry for close to 8 years. Dealing mostly with Systems integration.
Goal Clarity – Want to continue in the same field while bringing in managerial aspects

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

VP
VP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 04:08
Top Contributor
globaldesi wrote:
10th - 87% C.B.S.E
12th -86% C.B.S.E
Engineering -I.T 80%

Your acads are quite good (important as they are a critical factor for IIMC). IB (Tech) experience is quite valued by IIMC, so you should have a decent chance with a strong application.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 20:24
Hi

I belong to the Indian IT male category. I took my GMAT in may 2016 and scored 690(V40,Q44). This was my 3rd and best attempt at GMAT.

My profile is as follows:
1) Total work experience of 5 years with a product based Japanese company in Bangalore as Senior Software Engineer. Got 3 promotions in 5 years.
2) Got 9 months of international experience as I worked onsite in Japan. I worked in strategy based role in Japan and my work was to negotiate with Japanese clients on release dates of my product and features to be accomodated. I also used to work on risk management . I also had to negotiate with Australian clients for coordination. Also, I got my first official managerial experience during my stay in Japan as I had to manage my offshore team of 13 members and check the progress of work. I also had to coordinate between onsite and offshore members.
3) Studied in top 25 engineering colleges in India and got GPA 7.5
4) Got 86% in 10th standard and 84% in 12th standard

Extra curriculars:
1) Played cricket tournaments for company.
2) I made a lot of contributions in Japan by promoting game of cricket. I used to represent Shizouka prefecture(Tokai area) in cricket and played in Japan Cup(national level cricket tournament in Japan) too. I used to play in a diverse team with players from Australia, Japan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka along with Indians. We also encouraged Japanese people to get involved in cricket. At start, there was only one Japanese who used to play for us. By the end of my term in Japan, we had almost four Japanese people playing for us.
3) I, along with my teammates, also made contributions to Japanese society by setting up our cricket club in Japan. We also raised funds of approximately 1,000,000 yen with the help of Japanese government(local City Halls) to purchase cricket equipment for our team and setup cricket grounds. Also, with the help of Japanese government, we were able to setup two cricket grounds in Japan where our club can practice cricket and the game can be promoted among locals too. We were handed over the possession of one of the grounds last year and the work of the second ground is still in progress.
4) Learnt N5 level Japanese. I am able to read, write and understand basic Japanese.
5) Worked for approx 2 years for different NGO's.
6) Represent my team in office while discussing issues faced by team infront of higher management.

Can you please let me know my chances in IIMB or IIMC?
Goals: I want to be a product manager after I complete my MBA.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 20:33
Hello powarparamveer

Pretty strong chance at IIMB/IIMC (even with your current GMAT) as long as you tie these stories well in your SOP.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

powarparamveer wrote:
Hi

I belong to the Indian IT male category. I took my GMAT in may 2016 and scored 690(V40,Q44). This was my 3rd and best attempt at GMAT.

1) Total work experience of 5 years with a product based Japanese company in Bangalore as Senior Software Engineer. Got 3 promotions in 5 years.
2) Got 9 months of international experience as I worked onsite in Japan. I worked in strategy based role in Japan and my work was to negotiate with Japanese clients on release dates of my product and features to be accomodated. I also used to work on risk management . I also had to negotiate with Australian clients for coordination. Also, I got my first official managerial experience during my stay in Japan as I had to manage my offshore team of 13 members and check the progress of work. I also had to coordinate between onsite and offshore members.

Extra curriculars:
2) I made a lot of contributions in Japan by promoting game of cricket. I used to represent Shizouka prefecture(Tokai area) in cricket and played in Japan Cup(national level cricket tournament in Japan) too. I used to play in a diverse team with players from Australia, Japan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka along with Indians. We also encouraged Japanese people to get involved in cricket. At start, there was only one Japanese who used to play for us. By the end of my term in Japan, we had almost four Japanese people playing for us.
3) I, along with my teammates, also made contributions to Japanese society by setting up our cricket club in Japan. We also raised funds of approximately 1,000,000 yen with the help of Japanese government(local City Halls) to purchase cricket equipment for our team and setup cricket grounds. Also, with the help of Japanese government, we were able to setup two cricket grounds in Japan where our club can practice cricket and the game can be promoted among locals too. We were handed over the possession of one of the grounds last year and the work of the second ground is still in progress.
4) Learnt N5 level Japanese. I am able to read, write and understand basic Japanese.
6) Represent my team in office while discussing issues faced by team infront of higher management.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 20:45
powarparamveer wrote:
Hi

Extra curriculars:

Hi ,

Your work experience is a good fit for IIMB and IIMC. Your international work experience makes your profile stronger. Your GMAT is lower than the average class GMAT for IIMB and IIMC but overall you have a good chance. A lot will depend on how you structure your application and highlight the unique value that you will bring in to the incoming class. Since you belong to the common applicant pool it is even more important to tell to the Adcoms why you are the right fit for the School. We can help you with a detailed profile evaluation and insights on other potential B-schools based on your profile. Please connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com.
Best of luck!!

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 20:50
globaldesi wrote:
12th -86% C.B.S.E

Hi,
Your academic credentials look good and your experience in IT industry fits well for IIM B. However your GMAT is lower than the class average and therefore you need to build a impactful application. EPGP emphasizes on leadership capabilities and the value that your experience brings into the class and you need to tell your own unique story in your application.

You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a more detailed profile evaluation and to get insights into other potential B-Schools for your profile.

Best of luck!!

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 21:27
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello powarparamveer

Pretty strong chance at IIMB/IIMC (even with your current GMAT) as long as you tie these stories well in your SOP.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

powarparamveer wrote:
Hi

Extra curriculars:

Hi Varun,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I will surely put a lot of efforts while preparing the SOP.
One more query, should I apply to IIMB and IIMC only? Or should I aim for IIMA also?
I was a little skeptic about IIMA as my profile is quite common and my GMAT is not strong enough.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 09:04
IT Project manager with PMP and ITIL Certifications. 11+ years of work experience with 6+ years of experience in USA. Currently in USA.
Founded Charitable foundation and planning to start education institutes in rural area in India. Participated and hosted many desi events in USA.
Volunteere for multiple reading event in US elementary schools.

Engineering graduate - 70%
HSC - 85%
SSC - 84%

GMAT - 640 :(

Please evaluate.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 18:32
Any idea how long should be SOP for IIM-B ?
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 22:11
Hello chetanpandit13

Max 600 words. Something on these lines.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

chetanpandit13 wrote:
Any idea how long should be SOP for IIM-B ?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 06:21
Oooops i already reached 1200 words. I need to cut short it now.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q165 V150

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 03:11
Please evaluate my profile IIM B EPGP.

10th - 70%
12th -91 %
Graduation - BE (CIVIL) -63 %
PG in Advanced Construction Management - 7.1 CGPA
GMAT - 710

Have worked for 3 years in India for L&T Construction in the project management domain.
Currently working since 2 years in Kuwait on Mega Projects in the project management domain.

Have a PMP certification.

Lots of CSR activities during my stint at L&T.

Post MBA goals - Operations / Strategy in Construction field.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 03:16
Hello abhishek6390

You have a decent shot at EPGP. The combination of your Acads, GMAT, International Work Ex, Different Industry all make you a good addition to the small class at EPGP.
The key for you will be putting together a cohesive message in your SOP/LOR and highlight all the admission factors mentioned here.
If you can do that you have a fighting chance at EPGP.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

abhishek6390 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile IIM B EPGP.

10th - 70%
12th -91 %
Graduation - BE (CIVIL) -63 %
PG in Advanced Construction Management - 7.1 CGPA
GMAT - 710

Have worked for 3 years in India for L&T Construction in the project management domain.
Currently working since 2 years in Kuwait on Mega Projects in the project management domain.

Have a PMP certification.

Lots of CSR activities during my stint at L&T.

Post MBA goals - Operations / Strategy in Construction field.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 05:18
Hi All,

I got a score of 680 ( Q50, V32) in my GMAT. I am now looking forward to some help in my admissions. Here is the brief of my experience and I am targeting only top Indian B Schools.

1. Experience of 9 years and 4 Months ( 112 months) by 31st March 2019.
2. 3 Years in Cognizant and rest all in Accenture ( Till present)
3. Entire Experience in Life Sciences Domain, servicing top global pharma clients.
4. Have an Onsite Experience of 3 months in France ( Lyon)
5. Currently Managing the entire Project Delivery with a 15 member team.
6. My Secondary profession is photography ( Serious Photography) With over 200 clients in last 5 years.
7. 10th %age: 87.8 ; 12th %age: 82 ; BE %age : 67.8'
8. PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified Professional.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 06:02
Hello abgraphy

There's four factors that will matter in admissions. Acads, Work Ex, Diversity and Career Goals. You may read in detail here.
While your GMAT is slightly below the average, it should not be a dealbreaker as your work ex looks decent. However what would be more helpful is your career progression and achievement at work.
Tough to give a call on Diversity as with your background you belong to a large pool of applicants. Your achievements and extracurricular activities will help here.
Lastly,what are your career goals my friend? Without realistic career goals the application and profile is incomplete. You could add to your research by reading here.
Lack of info on a few things restricts from a more meaningful feedback. But if you can tie all of the above together in the written application, you may have a fighting chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

abgraphy wrote:
Hi All,

I got a score of 680 ( Q50, V32) in my GMAT. I am now looking forward to some help in my admissions. Here is the brief of my experience and I am targeting only top Indian B Schools.

1. Experience of 9 years and 4 Months ( 112 months) by 31st March 2019.
2. 3 Years in Cognizant and rest all in Accenture ( Till present)
3. Entire Experience in Life Sciences Domain, servicing top global pharma clients.
4. Have an Onsite Experience of 3 months in France ( Lyon)
5. Currently Managing the entire Project Delivery with a 15 member team.
6. My Secondary profession is photography ( Serious Photography) With over 200 clients in last 5 years.
7. 10th %age: 87.8 ; 12th %age: 82 ; BE %age : 67.8'
8. PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified Professional.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Bangalore EPGP Profiles &nbs [#permalink] 12 Aug 2018, 06:02

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 59 posts ] 

IIM Bangalore EPGP Profiles

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap