Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:25 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Pulkitr7 wrote:
Any rough idea on how much weightage is given to interview?

Varies as per institution. Can change over the years. Nobody reveals it (except IIMI which has 50% for GMAT, 50% for all else).

They take into account your GMAT, profile (acads, background, work-ex, gender, international work-ex, etc), SOP (+referral), interview performance and arrive at a composite score. But, this score isn’t everything. Prior to starting the process, they have set out what kind of cohort they’d like (how many girls, how many IT, how many non-engineers, how many Defence, how many 8yrs+, etc). The profiles get spread out as per these clusters prior to sending out the offers.

It’s a complex process. Don’t think too much about it. It makes absolutely no difference to what you can or should do. Just focus on giving your best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Should I switch job considering applying in R3 and giving GMAT in next 10 days? I’m worried about LoRs, but have received good offer. anyone who has been in this situation can guide please
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RaghavS777 wrote:
Should I switch job considering applying in R3 and giving GMAT in next 10 days? I’m worried about LoRs, but have received good offer. anyone who has been in this situation can guide please

Switch your job. LOR can be from the current employer. It doesn’t have to be your new employer. The job offer is in your hand today. The admission offer may not be tomorrow.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
zayden wrote:
Switch your job. LOR can be from the current employer. It doesn’t have to be your new employer. The job offer is in your hand today. The admission offer may not be tomorrow.

zayden, hey is it o to get LORs from for example my the new employer as you said if someone just switched? like if he joins on 20th November and submits an application on the 30th the last day of the deadline....will the LOR be of any value in the eyes of IIM B since its just a few days since he joined.... also would the new employers even write LORs ? because its clear that he would be in the company only for a four months?

ok*
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dudestud wrote:
zayden, hey is it o to get LORs from for example my the new employer as you said if someone just switched? like if he joins on 20th November and submits an application on the 30th the last day of the deadline....will the LOR be of any value in the eyes of IIM B since its just a few days since he joined.... also would the new employers even write LORs ? because its clear that he would be in the company only for a four months?

That’s exactly why I suggested to get the LOR from the colleagues you work with today and/or have worked with in the past. Do NOT get it from the firm you’d join on 20th.

I understand that the word "current" may have confused some. If you with with X now and switch to Y on 20th Nov, please get LOR from X as they know you much better.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
zayden, i actually meant to ask the opposite as an example. if someone joined on 1st November and somehow gets an LOR from the new employer by 30th then would it still hold any worth in the admission team’s eyes?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It would. But then would you have been able to do something so significant within the month which would help your supervisor write in-depth about? Also, it better align with the achievements you outline for this firm in the "work ex" section in the form.

The LOR should be from someone who knows you well. Don’t go for someone who is higher in designation but only knows you superficially. The same factor would apply in this case too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
zayden, got it
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zayden wrote:
It would. But then would you have been able to do something so significant within the month which would help your supervisor write in-depth about? Also, it better align with the achievements you outline for this firm in the "work ex" section in the form.

Exactly my point. I am clear about my MBA dream but if I don’t make it this year. I switch and next year when I want to apply - I will lose connection with people I spent 6 years in the organisation and nobody in the new organisation will be ready to write LOR within 6-7 months of joining

Resigning now means I will join in early Feb. And next R1 in August, mostly 6-7 months
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RaghavS777 wrote:
Exactly my point. I am clear about my MBA dream but if I don’t make it this year. I switch and next year when I want to apply - I will lose connection with people I spent 6 years in the organisation and nobody in the new organisation will be ready to write LOR within 6-7 months of joining

Don’t worry about it. If you have built even two meaningful relations over the past 6 years, you’re sorted. And what if you don’t switch now but the referee you’ve identified jumps ship? You can still request them later!

If you have a good opportunity in your hands now, go ahead and join. You never know what surprise life has in store for you. You can request a LOR from any senior colleagues you worked with at any time earlier. Or your clients/customers or partners for that matter.

RaghavS777 wrote:
Resigning now means I will join in early Feb. And next R1 in August, mostly 6-7 months

Go ahead. R3 results would be out by mid Jan. If you get shortlisted, just enjoy the break for two month instead of joining the new firm. If you don’t make the list, join them and retry in Aug. If you don’t have confidence at that time on anyone to give your LOR, reach out to old supervisors. Keep in touch with them until then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
What were the wat topics in round 2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ISB '25 (A)
Send PM
WAT topic(Blr, 5th Nov afternoon slot)- What role can countries like India play in creating policies to solve the global climate crisis?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sanadube wrote:
WAT topic(Blr, 5th Nov afternoon slot)- What role can countries like India play in creating policies to solve the global climate crisis?

sanadube what is the word limit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
250 words
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Guys, I see the initial date for iimb r2 interview was 27th, then changed to 4th Nov. But result date is unchanged at 10th. Could someone pls confirm if results would still be uploaded on 10th or has the same been changed, in case anyone has talked to the adcoms. Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: ISB '27 IIM
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
I had a word with adcom, R2 results will be out on 10th

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GRE 1: Q167 V150
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Gantavya27 wrote:
Hi everyone, new and glad to be here! Would love a quick review of my profile to understand and work on any areas for IIMB EPGP

Acads
10th - CBSE - 9.2/10 CGPA
12% - CBSE - 93%
B.Com - St. Josephs - 5.3/6 CGPA
GRE 318 (V158, Q160) Retake scheduled in a few days

Work Ex- 6+ years
3 years in EY in International Tax, 3+ years in an Impact Investment firm working in Climate & Sustainability

Multiple fellowships, Extra Curriculars, Moonlighting Entreprenuerial stint, Community & NGO volunteer, Leadership positions in college, Standard progression and promotion at work over the years

International exposure: Nil

Would love to hear any comments that can help in my application! Thanks!

Hi, did you get an interview call for EPGP then? I have a similar profile and am thinking of applying for R3.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  45