It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 10:59
divyabhtyagi wrote:
gauravs2 wrote:
divyabhtyagi wrote:
From what I have seen on the website, IMD takes about 4-6 weeks to give a final decision. Now, if I apply in R2 well before the deadline, say by 15th March. Does that mean that my application will evaluated from the day I submit the application or will it be considered after 1st April ony (i.e. R2 deadline)?


I personally think they will evaluate all applications received in a particular round against each other. It means you'll have to wait till they close the deadline and then review all the applications as a single pool. Unless they know who you're competing against, I doubt they can shortlist you for an interview.

Note - This is my personal opinion, kindly check with IMD Admissions directly if you need a definite answer. They are very helpful and respond pretty fast.


Thanks Gaurav..wrote to them. Must say, they were pretty fast in replying.


Happy to help. For the interest of other prospective applicants, please let us know what they told.
A. You’ll hear sooner
B. You’ll hear with everyone, only after the deadline

Posted from my mobile device
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
adikcd GMAT: 680, Q49, V34; GPA: 3; WE: 96 months; Australia; via Phone
awesome that they give a personal call
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
adikcd GMAT: 680, Q49, V34; GPA: 3; WE: 96 months; Australia; via Phone
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 10:17
well, I got rejected without an interview.
it is heart-breaking, but life goes on.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 16:31
Are the essay questions posted by Gauravs2 the correct ones for Jan 2019 intake? I seem to find different ones online. Please confirm. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 00:57
I m trying to submit my profile for "Assess your chances" and found this information.

Select the first day of the month should you not have the exact start date

Can someone help me what information is being asked.

Anyone planning to apply for June-1'st Deadline.?
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 13:01
vj003 wrote:
Are the essay questions posted by Gauravs2 the correct ones for Jan 2019 intake? I seem to find different ones online. Please confirm. Thanks.

Yes - they are the correct questions. Please create a login id and check on IMD website if you have any doubts.
I had submitted my application and they contained the same questions. :cool:
I was rejected without an interview, but that's a different story altogether. :cry:
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Sky is the limit
Affiliations: CIPS
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 69
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 04:10
Anyone used "Assess your Chances" option before you apply?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Location: Australia
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 01:34
Rizz wrote:
Anyone used "Assess your Chances" option before you apply?


Hi Rizz,

Yes I have used that option - it was incredibly useful to start the dialogue with the Admissions team, who were afterwards kind enough to connect me with alumni in my region. Would highly recommend it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 07:50
unbroken wrote:
I m trying to submit my profile for "Assess your chances" and found this information.

Select the first day of the month should you not have the exact start date

Can someone help me what information is being asked.

Anyone planning to apply for June-1'st Deadline.?


I am planning to apply for the June 1st Deadline :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 13:58
Hi all,

Just have a very quick question, do you know if IMD allow going over the word limit? Or do essays should exactly follow the world limit? I know that for most schools you are allowed to exceed the limit by 10-15% but this year, for example, INSEAD made its word limit rules very strict where it does not allow you to submit your application unless you are compliant with the world limit of each question.

Just wanted to understand what the case is for IMD.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 14:01
hermi wrote:
Hi all,

Just have a very quick question, do you know if IMD allow going over the word limit? Or do essays should exactly follow the world limit? I know that for most schools you are allowed to exceed the limit by 10-15% but this year, for example, INSEAD made its word limit rules very strict where it does not allow you to submit your application unless you are compliant with the world limit of each question.

Just wanted to understand what the case is for IMD.

Thanks


I would keep to the word limit. While the team would certainly like to know more about you, keeping to the word limit shows your ability to be concise and to the point.

-graduate of last year’s class
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 23:15
Hi all,

I am finalizing my application for IMD r2. I have a very quick question among the essay questions there is this question:What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator?

I am not sure how honest I should be with this question as I am afraid IMD would not offer me an assessment if it knew I am applying for INSEAD and CBS as well. I am afraid that adcom would think I would go either of these schools (INSEAD and CBS) rather than IMD should I get accepted.

Can anybody share their ideas about it?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 09:15
Hello all,

Myself shanmugapriyan, 12 years of experience in powerplant operations, planning to apply for IMD R3 ?

1. GMAT score required?
2. Career post MBA
3. I want to do MBA operations, what about scope?

Thanks
V.Shanmugapriyan


Sent from my Mi A1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Reviews Badge
Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 11:29
hermi wrote:
Hi all,

I am finalizing my application for IMD r2. I have a very quick question among the essay questions there is this question:What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator?

I am not sure how honest I should be with this question as I am afraid IMD would not offer me an assessment if it knew I am applying for INSEAD and CBS as well. I am afraid that adcom would think I would go either of these schools (INSEAD and CBS) rather than IMD should I get accepted.

Can anybody share their ideas about it?

Thanks


Hermi,

I would certainly be honest with your application. The IMD admissions team expects its applicants to apply to other top schools and welcomes applicants to compare the quality of the programs. I had the opportunity to go to other top programs and I chose IMD because it offers such an incredible, unique, and tailored experience that can not be found anywhere else. One of the greatest years of my life.

Regards,

Sky
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 09:52
gauravs2 wrote:
vj003 wrote:
Are the essay questions posted by Gauravs2 the correct ones for Jan 2019 intake? I seem to find different ones online. Please confirm. Thanks.

Yes - they are the correct questions. Please create a login id and check on IMD website if you have any doubts.
I had submitted my application and they contained the same questions. :cool:
I was rejected without an interview, but that's a different story altogether. :cry:


Thanks for the response gauravs2, Sorry, I am checking this forum only now. And all the best with your other applications!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 11:06
did anyone receive Interview invites for round 2
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 22:16
sreeni1987 wrote:
did anyone receive Interview invites for round 2


Not yet.
_________________

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 03:23
sreeni1987 wrote:
did anyone receive Interview invites for round 2

ANyone got an invite for Round 2?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Location: Brazil
GRE 1: 324 Q167 V157
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2018, 08:15
pradhan127 wrote:
sreeni1987 wrote:
did anyone receive Interview invites for round 2

ANyone got an invite for Round 2?


I just got dinged. Round 2...

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2018, 08:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 103 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.