GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 18:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 16:27
JTdaniel wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
ShrishT wrote:

After you mentioned, I realized I can't find it either... Is there any specific thing you are looking for?

Hi Guys,

I'm a candidate in the current batch and can try answering any specific school related questions basis my experience and knowledge.

Regards
Neharika

Hi Neharika,

Could I know how many Germans there are among the 90 students? Thank you!

Hi, the current class is composed of 41 different nationalities including representation from Germany.
Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
WE: Project Management (Insurance)
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 20:05
neharika_p wrote:
mspmet wrote:
neharika_p wrote:

After you mentioned, I realized I can't find it either... Is there any specific thing you are looking for?

Hi Guys,

I'm a candidate in the current batch and can try answering any specific school related questions basis my experience and knowledge.

Regards
Neharika

Hi Niharika

Do they accept Skype interview? I'm located in United states and I'm in a travelling job.

Yes, there is a possibility for a fast track skype interview for exceptional candidates.[/quote]

Thanks Niharika!

When you say 'exceptional' candidate, you meant case to case basis OR exceptional profile?

Also, what is the job scenario in EU? Are the companies sponsoring work permits? What about non-EU students?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 02:33
mspmet wrote:

Thanks Niharika!

When you say 'exceptional' candidate, you meant case to case basis OR exceptional profile?

Also, what is the job scenario in EU? Are the companies sponsoring work permits? What about non-EU students?

Work permits vary from country to country. In Germany, for example, all you need is a job contract fulfilling certain conditions and you will be given a work permit. France, UK, Switzerland etc. all have different policies.

Placement at IMD is immaculate. In general, all the IMD MBA grads who want a job end up getting one.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 15:50
mspmet wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
mspmet wrote:
Hi Niharika

Do they accept Skype interview? I'm located in United states and I'm in a travelling job.

Yes, there is a possibility for a fast track skype interview for exceptional candidates.

Thanks Niharika!

It refers to exceptional profile.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 11:26
ShrishT wrote:
bjlm1987 wrote:
this year IMD is also asking for CV along with the application. Any idea if they prefer 1 or 2 page CV and if there is a recommended format (like INSEAD has a format on their website).

Regards,

They are okay with a 2 page cv as well.. its mentioned on their application portal.

Thank you ShirishT
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 23:06
neharika_p wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
sakys wrote:
Hello guys,

Could someone help me with a link for the IMD MBA FAQs? I searched the website but couldn't find any such section.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

Regards
Neharika

Thanks Neharika for taking the initiative.

I am planning to apply this year. I was going through the online form and saw the salary to be filled in USD.
I have worked in US so that salary can be mentioned as-is. But how do we fill in the Indian salary? Do we need to convert it into USD (I assume that should not be the case)?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 16:58
VPGMAT wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards
Neharika

I am planning to apply this year. I was going through the online form and saw the salary to be filled in USD.
I have worked in US so that salary can be mentioned as-is. But how do we fill in the Indian salary? Do we need to convert it into USD (I assume that should not be the case)?

Hi,

You have to convert your Indian salary in USD.

Regards
Neharika
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 11:12
Hi Everyone ..

Just wish to confirm - this year IMD 2019 has only 2 Essays - One on Career Goals and other on Professional & Personal impact.

Any tips to approach them ? Planning to apply for R1, but not yet started working on it :?
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 13:22
rsharmagmat1989 wrote:
Hi Everyone ..

Just wish to confirm - this year IMD 2019 has only 2 Essays - One on Career Goals and other on Professional & Personal impact.

Any tips to approach them ? Planning to apply for R1, but not yet started working on it :?

I can share few tips:
Goals Essay: It is simply bullet points. make sure you mention goals that align with your past exposure. However, the 10 year goal should be ambitious with your current skills; and achievable with an IMD MBA.
Experiences Essay: You have to mention 2 stories, 1 professional (work-related) and 1 personal (life-related). Make sure you follow the START (Situation-Task-Action-Result-Takeaway) structure.
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 13:25
MuSu wrote:
Thanks for starting the group! Anyone planning for R1?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Yes, I am applying in R1. Wanted to apply last year itself, but was late with my GMAT in August.
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 13:31
neharika_p wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
sakys wrote:
Hello guys,

Could someone help me with a link for the IMD MBA FAQs? I searched the website but couldn't find any such section.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

Regards
Neharika

Thanks Neharika!
I am applying in R1 (1-Feb) and will approach you with any questions.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 13:46
gauravs2 wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
ShrishT wrote:

Hi Guys,

Regards
Neharika

Thanks Neharika!
I am applying in R1 (1-Feb) and will approach you with any questions.

Sure - I'll be happy to help.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 01:02
Hi there. I'm also targeting R1. Doing good progress so far..
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 19:06
neharika_p wrote:
VPGMAT wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards
Neharika

Hi,

Regards
Neharika

Thanks.

I also saw that the transcripts needs to be uploaded in the application form. Usually the transcripts are in a sealed envelope and sent directly to the colleges. Moreover, the transcripts are sent post admission offers. So, How do we proceed here? Upload the normal consolidated marksheet OR get the transcript from the university and then upload them?
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 22:59
For the time being, scan all your marksheets and put them into a single PDF file.
Once selected, you will need to submit an official copy.
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:24
I have a question for neharika_p or any current student.
There is a question in the application (non-essay):
How do you intend to finance your MBA at IMD? How much of your total budget estimate will you be able to provide without loans or scholarships? (50 words)

Does the school base scholarship/admit decisions on this question? I am asking because I can arrange funds for 60-80% of the fees, but I would still want to go for a loan/scholarship.
Does this answer affect the school's decision to consider me for admit and/or scholarship?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:30
GMAT score for IMD and application deadlines

study mode
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 08:52
Binggm14 wrote:
GMAT score for IMD and application deadlines

study mode

GMAT Score
I heard that the average is around 670, but it would completely differ from candidate to candidate (Country, Prior Education, Experience, Industry, etc.) since IMD places high emphasis on class diversity.

Deadlines
1-Feb
1-Apr
1-Jun
1-Aug
1-Sep

Study Mode
1-year full time
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 14:38
gauravs2 wrote:
I have a question for neharika_p or any current student.
There is a question in the application (non-essay):
How do you intend to finance your MBA at IMD? How much of your total budget estimate will you be able to provide without loans or scholarships? (50 words)

Does the school base scholarship/admit decisions on this question? I am asking because I can arrange funds for 60-80% of the fees, but I would still want to go for a loan/scholarship.
Does this answer affect the school's decision to consider me for admit and/or scholarship?

Hi Gaurav,

No, this question doesn't have an impact on the admit decisions. However, please be mindful of the amount that you could get through scholarship vs the total fees.

Regards
Neharika
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 14:41
VPGMAT wrote:
neharika_p wrote:
VPGMAT wrote:

Hi,

Regards
Neharika

Thanks.

I also saw that the transcripts needs to be uploaded in the application form. Usually the transcripts are in a sealed envelope and sent directly to the colleges. Moreover, the transcripts are sent post admission offers. So, How do we proceed here? Upload the normal consolidated marksheet OR get the transcript from the university and then upload them?

We upload our transcripts at the time of application on the application link and then carry the originals to the assessment day if you're invited for proof (they make a copy and keep it).
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! &nbs [#permalink] 17 Jan 2018, 14:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 144 posts ] 

Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap