GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 13:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2020 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2020 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 09:30
ISB DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 43 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:650 (Q48 V32), Industry: Manufacturing, WE 173, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 53 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q49 V41), heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
01 Nov 2019, 17:47
Private, GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; WE: 84 months; India; via Email
It was a bit strange since the same basic application skeleton got me selected at IIM-A, IIM-B and IIM-C [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.09

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 22:53
Hi Everyone,

I see that a few have updated their status to accepted or denied in the decision tracker. Can someone share the link where they checked the portal update for the same? Also, i was under the assumption that the results won't be out till mid november. can you let me know if these are YLP candidates who are confirming their status?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 22:57
ISB has rolled out some admits yesterday for "high potential candidates" (I guess mainly w people with high GMAT/GRE scores)....Balance all admits for R1 will be rolled out on November 15.

U can check your status on application login portal only.

srid91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I see that a few have updated their status to accepted or denied in the decision tracker. Can someone share the link where they checked the portal update for the same? Also, i was under the assumption that the results won't be out till mid november. can you let me know if these are YLP candidates who are confirming their status?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 23:12
srid91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Well, I can speak for myself. ISB explicitly stated November 6th as the last date for interview, along with an intimation of the schedule about 5-6 days before the interview. So I checked the portal on 1st November and marked it 'Denied without interview' since the status still showed 'Marked as complete'
And to be honest I got an admit from my target school, so it didn't bother me much. But it did surprise that a similar application pattern got me through IIM-A, IIM-B and IIM-C, yet I wasn't even shortlisted by ISB. I guess they do like to skew the cohort towards a younger group

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.09

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 23:34
Deamon0508 wrote:
srid91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Well, I can speak for myself. ISB explicitly stated November 6th as the last date for interview, along with an intimation of the schedule about 5-6 days before the interview. So I checked the portal on 1st November and marked it 'Denied without interview' since the status still showed 'Marked as complete'
And to be honest I got an admit from my target school, so it didn't bother me much. But it did surprise that a similar application pattern got me through IIM-A, IIM-B and IIM-C, yet I wasn't even shortlisted by ISB. I guess they do like to skew the cohort towards a younger group

I assume then, that those who have been denied are the ones who didn't get the interview opportunity itself. Hard luck for you.

But, Congrats on your clearing your target school! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 11:32
AJThev wrote:
I registered myself as a reapplicant, but i still can't find a place to upload the additional essay

AJThev, I'm facing the same issue as the one you've mentioned in the quoted text. Please help me on this matter.

If anyone else knows how to resolve this issue, kindly guide.

Thanks.
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 04:34

#Attention!

Dears,

Join me in welcoming the ISB Admission Team on the Gmatclub forum. We have assigned a dedicated thread for the team to- post important updates, share PGP experiences and help applicants with the admission procedures.

CC bb ISBOfficial Narenn
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 18:42

#Profile Evaluation!

Dears,

Hope everyone is doing well; Gmatclub Team has launched a new product feature

'What Are My Chances- Profile Evaluation Tool!'

This tool evaluates your profile and
1. Informs your fitment/chances of admission to your dream school, &
2. Recommends business school(s) for your consideration.

I'd like you to visit this page and give it a try. Any feedback on this will be highly appreciated.

Have a great time ahead!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 00:58
Hey.

I request information and advise on couple of application process related matters that I've mentioned below.

Firstly, I wanted to know whether my last year's application will be reviewed while evaluating my this year's application. Basically, I'm in the process of writing my essays for the current admission cycle, so I'm unsure whether it is advised to borrow content from the essays of the application I submitted previously.

Secondly, will I be at a disadvantage if I reach out to the same referee who recommended my candidature last year to recommend me this year as well. Also, will I be at a disadvantage to seek recommendation from a referee under whose supervision I worked for the first 6 months of my career back in 2015.

Thank you.
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 01:04
Top Contributor
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
Hey.

I request information and advise on couple of application process related matters that I've mentioned below.

Firstly, I wanted to know whether my last year's application will be reviewed while evaluating my this year's application. Basically, I'm in the process of writing my essays for the current admission cycle, so I'm unsure whether it is advised to borrow content from the essays of the application I submitted previously.

Secondly, will I be at a disadvantage if I reach out to the same referee who recommended my candidature last year to recommend me this year as well. Also, will I be at a disadvantage to seek recommendation from a referee under whose supervision I worked for the first 6 months of my career back in 2015.

Thank you.

Hi iamsiddharthkapoor

1. You should ideally be creating completely new versions of your essays for this year. While it is ok and sometimes even essential to borrow some of the ideas and assertions from last year's essays (your profile and reasons for applying will not change 100% between applications, after all), try and avoid borrowing content directly from them.
2. There is no disadvantage in reaching out to the same referee, but do request him/her to make a new effort and add perspectives to the recommendation, and not reuse the recommendation from the previous year.
3. Getting a recommendation from someone who you worked with briefly 4 years ago may not be the best thing to do, because that person's perspective is dated, and because his/her interface with you was for a fairly brief period, and so he/she may not be able to comment at depth.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 07:23
Hi,

Could anyone tell when the EEO admits for April 2020 PGP intake are expected to be contacted by the ISB Admisisons team?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 20:02
Any idea when the R1 results will be out?
And how are some people already admitted are they ylp ?

Manager
Manager
P
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V37
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 00:02
I got the information that the results will be declared on 15th November.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 00:05
Results on Nov 15..
ISB rolled out few offers to "high potential candidates" ( ex. High GMAT, etc) last week

Reetika94 wrote:
Any idea when the R1 results will be out?
And how are some people already admitted are they ylp ?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 03:16
Thankyou guys for the reply !

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 06:30
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
Hey.

Thank you.

Hi iamsiddharthkapoor,

1) Your application would be reviewed on the basis of essays that you submit this year, along with the re-applicant essay. That being said, I would strongly urge you "not to borrow" content from last application. Unless its a fact of life that you obviously can't change, it's better to create a fresh perspective on your application. It is very important to give a fresh perspective to your application when you are re-applying. This is going to show your evolution since your last application, which is something the AdCom wants to see.
2) Talking about your second question:
2.1 It is not a disadvantage to reach out to the same referee who recommended you last year. However, if you are going for it then you should try to provide a slightly better perspective this time around in the recommendation.
2.2. If it is possible then you should reach out to a referee with whom you have worked in the recent times. This would help to provide a more relevant perspective on your candidature to the AdCom. I know it can be difficult to get recommendations from recent line managers for a variety of reasons (I have been in your shoes) but you should certainly exercise all your options to find out a referee that is more recent.

Hope that helps. Do reach out to us for one-to-one Essay Reviews and Interview Preparation for ISB.

Best, Abhijeet
Good Luck!
Visit: www.stepvue.com

StepVue is founded by MBA Alumnus from Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands & B.E. Graduate from Delhi College of Engineering
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 07:57
Did anyone get call after 3rd Nov?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 08:19
podduturirajesh wrote:
Did anyone get call after 3rd Nov?

Hi,

Hold your seats tight!!! It is just around the corner. Wishing all R1 hopefuls the very best.

Best, Abhijeet
Visit: www.stepvue.com

StepVue is founded by MBA Alumnus from Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands & B.E. Graduate from Delhi College of Engineering
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 10:56
Hi,
I applied in R1 with a 660 GMAT and a decent profile (Engineer, Government of India, Foreign Posting, Startup). I had lost all hopes of making it after the interviews for Delhi and Mohali were rolled out. But, I have JUST received an email invitation for an interview at Hyderabad on 16th. It shows on my online profile as well.

Is this a standard practice?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2020 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2019, 10:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16    Next  [ 302 posts ] 

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2020 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88