[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : ISB - Page 101
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:39 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:39
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hello all, requesting for a profile evaluation please. I’m an engineer, with 5 yrs of experience in a Construction and Design Consultancy. I have above 90% in my tenth and twelfth classes, 8.8 CGPA in B.Tech and 9.8 in M.Tech. I got 700 GMAT score last week. Is my profile and score good for applying in R2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Good afternoon all !

Did anyone from Delhi location got an invite in this week ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
AlexInIndia wrote:
Did anyone from Delhi location got an invite in this week ?

Any update for Mumbai location for this week?
Has anyone got any kind of invite for the current weekend?
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jo2023 wrote:
Hello all, requesting for a profile evaluation please. I’m an engineer, with 5 yrs of experience in a Construction and Design Consultancy. I have above 90% in my tenth and twelfth classes, 8.8 CGPA in B.Tech and 9.8 in M.Tech. I got 700 GMAT score last week. Is my profile and score good for applying in R2?

Hello Jo2023,

Thanks for writing in.

Your academic scores look competitive; however, there is not much information with regard to your promotions and achievements at work. There is also no clarity with regard to your career goals. Hence, a detailed profile evaluation is difficult at this moment. Your GMAT score is a bit below the average at ISB. In case there is any chance that you could take up the score a bit, it would definitely help your case. If not, please focus on putting forth a set of compelling essays that appropriately communicate the strengths of your candidature and logically chart your future career path.

The following video will prove to be of help; please do go through it:

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Acads
GRE-320
10th -89
12th-83
UG-7.8(Distinction 1st Class)

Mechanical Engineering

Working in Supply chain & operations for 5 Years at Vedanta Resources

2 promotions and role enhancements

Multiple awards at Vedanta-Business Star, Sector CEO, BALCO Ceo Award,Emerging leader, Value champion

Upsc mains twice

Extracurricular
- AIESEC internship at Egypt
-LIONS international as Vice president
-College Fest Head of Sponsorship lead
-Sports club Gen Secretary college

Requesting a profile evaluation
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
nikitathegreat wrote:
incase you are re-applying to ISB, do we need to create the account again>

Yes, nikitathegreat,

You will need to create an account; you will also be asked for details of the previous application and accordingly need to submit a re-applicant essay, as well.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q166 V155

GRE 2: Q170 V161
Send PM
Hello All, requesting experts to review my application profile

I am planning to apply in the EEO for ISB Co'26, by then I would have 3 years of work experience

Current Work Experience: 1.5 Years of management consulting experience at Nomura Consulting (NRI), spanning themes across renewable energy, automotives (EVs and battery swapping), prestige cosmetics and data centers

Bachelors: B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Bombay (CGPA: 7.74/10 or 3.1/4)

Internships: IQVIA (Management Consulting Role), L&T Finance (Research Role), Aditya Birla Capital (Operations Role), Fi.Money (Strategy Role)

Positions of Responsibility: Was the E-Cell (Entrepreneurship Cell) Manager at IIT Bombay, one of the coveted pre-final year PORs at IITB. Along with this was English TA and Hostel Design Secretary

I also actively pursued design during my initial college days and have intermediate level proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (with 3 freelance projects)

Class XII: 81.56%

Class X: 10 CGPA, 94.4%

GMAT/GRE Score: Gave the new short GRE on September 25th and scored 321 (166 Q, 155 V, 4 AWA). Though the score is below average, I am not sure if I should go for another attempt as taking time out of job is very difficult

Thank you!
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Arnav69 wrote:
Hello All, requesting experts to review my application profile

I am planning to apply in the EEO for ISB Co'26, by then I would have 3 years of work experience

Current Work Experience: 1.5 Years of management consulting experience at Nomura Consulting (NRI), spanning themes across renewable energy, automotives (EVs and battery swapping), prestige cosmetics and data centers

Bachelors: B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Bombay (CGPA: 7.74/10 or 3.1/4)

Internships: IQVIA (Management Consulting Role), L&T Finance (Research Role), Aditya Birla Capital (Operations Role), Fi.Money (Strategy Role)

Positions of Responsibility: Was the E-Cell (Entrepreneurship Cell) Manager at IIT Bombay, one of the coveted pre-final year PORs at IITB. Along with this was English TA and Hostel Design Secretary

I also actively pursued design during my initial college days and have intermediate level proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (with 3 freelance projects)

Class XII: 81.56%

Class X: 10 CGPA, 94.4%

GMAT/GRE Score: Gave the new short GRE on September 25th and scored 321 (166 Q, 155 V, 4 AWA). Though the score is below average, I am not sure if I should go for another attempt as taking time out of job is very difficult

Thank you!

Hello Arnav69,

Thanks for writing in.

It goes without saying that the IIT pedigree, Nomura experience, and decent extra-curricular activities, will give you a number of talking points; of course, how well you present your strengths through your essays and how logically you portray your career goals will be crucial in defining your chances of admission.

Having said the above, there is still a fair bit of time before the application timelines kick in; hence, while it may be difficult for you to manage time alongside work, we do recommend that you re-take the GRE; your current score lies below the average at ISB and you will only improve your chances if you are able to take your score up.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Abhijeetishu, Below is my evaluation of your profile.

Strengths:
a. Professional Achievements: You’ve demonstrated consistent progress in your career at Vedanta Resources with two promotions and role enhancements within just five years. This trajectory speaks volumes about your capabilities and potential leadership qualities.

b. Awards and Recognitions: Your multiple accolades at Vedanta, ranging from the Business Star to the Emerging Leader award, underscore your distinct contributions and suggest you’re a standout in your professional realm.

c. Diverse Experiences: Your grounding in mechanical engineering, complemented by your stint in supply chain & operations, furnishes a multifaceted perspective. Moreover, clearing the UPSC mains twice is testament to your academic diligence and drive.

d. Subject matter expertise: You stand to demonstrate SME in handling supply chain operations at scale. This makes you potentially a good fit for roles in e-com, drive hailing, on demand delivery etc. as a post MBA career option. While you have not mentioned your career goals, this would be a natural extension.

Areas of Improvement:
a. GRE Score: Your GRE score of 320 is decent, but for premier institutions like ISB, a slightly higher score might make your application even more compelling.

b. Specific Leadership Roles: While you’ve been involved in extracurricular endeavors, shedding light on the impactful initiatives or tangible results of your leadership would enrich your profile.

c. International Exposure: Your AIESEC internship in Egypt stands out as a commendable international stint. However, delving deeper into the nuances of this experience, especially the learnings and skills it bequeathed you, would be beneficial.

What to Emphasize in your Essays and App:
a. Professional Growth and Impact: It would be wise to magnify the significant impacts you brought about at Vedanta Resources, especially those pivotal moments leading up to your awards. Delve into challenges you confronted during your role transitions and the strategies you employed to navigate them.

b. Extracurricular Leadership: Draw the spotlight to leadership stints like your Vice presidency at LIONS international and your position as Gen Secretary in your college sports club. Reflecting on the competencies you garnered from these roles and their influence on your professional journey can be compelling.

c. Personal Journey: Your UPSC mains endeavor, though not directly tethered to business academia, exemplifies tenacity and a broadened outlook on societal paradigms. Weaving this narrative into your story can offer a glimpse into your perseverance and multifaceted nature.

I am an ISB alum, CO15, and have been guiding B school aspirants successfully crack their dream business program for 6+ years. Feel free to get in touch if you seek professional guidance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hello! I was denied after an interview in ISB last time. Had a grilling interview. :dazed Thinking to apply in R2 again this year. Any tips on application and interview strategy? Anyone in the same shoes, please DM. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: ISB '24 (A)
GPA: 9.23
Send PM
TargetttGMAT720 wrote:
Hello! I was denied after an interview in ISB last time. Had a grilling interview. :dazed Thinking to apply in R2 again this year. Any tips on application and interview strategy? Anyone in the same shoes, please DM. :)

Did you get any feedback from the Adcom on why you weren’t selected?
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetttGMAT720 wrote:

Hello TargetttGMAT720,

Thanks for writing in.

We are not sure if you have received feedback on your application. However, if you are thinking of applying again, the following video might help:

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 137
Schools: ISB
GMAT Focus 1:
675 Q83 V83 DI86
Send PM
GMAT - 700
Should i apply for the ISB second round? or should i get at least 720 only then i will have some chance ?

profile -
10-12-Btech (NIT) -> 96 - 85 - 7.5
Working as Project manager - 4 years in consulting and analytics ( retail, insurance and banking )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
vishaljhavj wrote:
Did you get any feedback from the Adcom on why you weren’t selected?

No, i didn’t get a feedback

ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Hello TargetttGMAT720, Thanks for writing in. We are not sure if you have received feedback on your application. However, if you are thinking of applying again, the following video might help: All the best!

Thanks! Can you share the link again.. I think it is flagged
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kudos
At what stage is it advisable to get this Alumni referral form filled? https://pgpapp.isb.edu/user/AlumniReferralForm.aspx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
TargetttGMAT720 wrote:

Same boat as you. Will DM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
My GRE Score : 326
My Class 12th : 80%
My Class 10th : 86%
B.Tech. ECE : 7.6 CGPA
Work Exp: 2 years @Deloitte.

Still I have not received an interview Invite from Delhi Location.

Is this due to poor academic marks ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  99   100   101   102   103  ...  374