Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Account Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I received an email letting me know my decision was ready. No call but excited to be admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q88 V82 DI82
WE:Corporate Finance (Finance)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
milk25458920 wrote:
Interviewed march 16 but still under review now....

what can possibly be going on?

strong debate on my application? waiting for better candidate? scholarship process?

man... I can't stop thinking about it.

any insight guys?

Waiting.. A long weekend :)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
milk25458920 wrote:
Interviewed march 16 but still under review now....

what can possibly be going on?

strong debate on my application? waiting for better candidate? scholarship process?

man... I can't stop thinking about it.

any insight guys?

totally got what you're talkin about

my minds runnin like a wild horse these days
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Off the waitlist and status changed to schedule interview sometime a week or so ago .... 1 year MBA .... is anyone missing the schedule interview email ? I don't see it in my mailbox at all ... searched through all my emails ...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
goforcornell wrote:
Off the waitlist and status changed to schedule interview sometime a week or so ago .... 1 year MBA .... is anyone missing the schedule interview email ? I don't see it in my mailbox at all ... searched through all my emails ...

They took about 2 days to send me the email with interview info after status changed on website...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Any 2year MBA applicant heard back anything in some time?
Are there any more seats left. I was interviewed but my status says under review since a long time. :(

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
SherLocked2018 wrote:
Any 2year MBA applicant heard back anything in some time?
Are there any more seats left. I was interviewed but my status says under review since a long time. :(

I had my interview in November 2015 and have been waitlisted since Dec 15th.
Already sent 2 updates with volunteer work, international experience and promotion and a former manager sent an additional letter to Cornell.
No news... Ding?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Still under review as well! The wait is not fun :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
madihaj wrote:

Right.. Wait is not fun.. :(
I called adcom yesterday, and they told me that they post results every Wednesday. And I should wait for another week or so to hear back.
I was worried about the deposit deadline approaching, and she said that if you are offered late in the cycle, then the deposit deadline would be adjusted for you.

I just hope it does not go that far. Keeping fingers crossed for today (Wednesday)..

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q88 V82 DI82
WE:Corporate Finance (Finance)
Send PM
SherLocked2018 wrote:
madihaj wrote:

Right.. Wait is not fun.. :(
I called adcom yesterday, and they told me that they post results every Wednesday. And I should wait for another week or so to hear back.
I was worried about the deposit deadline approaching, and she said that if you are offered late in the cycle, then the deposit deadline would be adjusted for you.

I just hope it does not go that far. Keeping fingers crossed for today (Wednesday)..

Thanks for sharing the info. Yes, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday has been the trend. I wonder if there are many seats left for grabs. I just need one :)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
spoke to admissions, the adcom will be meeting today so try to get some more decisions out. Expect to hear some news on Thursday/Friday. They're trying to get as many applications done before Destination Johnson as possible. Good luck to us all!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
madihaj wrote:
spoke to admissions, the adcom will be meeting today so try to get some more decisions out. Expect to hear some news on Thursday/Friday. They're trying to get as many applications done before Destination Johnson as possible. Good luck to us all!

Thanks for the update! Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interviewed on March 24th. Just received notice that I've been admitted into the one-year program! Thank you to everyone who posted status updates over the last month. I must have refreshed this thread a thousand times a day and your updates kept me sane during the waiting period.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Interviewed on March 29th.

Started off by walking through my resume (She asked how I got here, walking through the resume might have been the wrong answer here). After that she asked about career goals, what would happen if i didn't hit my immediate career goals and how Johnson would help me overcome those obstacles. She asked if there was anything else that I wanted to disclose, and finally asked if I had any questions. Waiting to hear back now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
erudianart wrote:
Started off by walking through my resume (She asked how I got here, walking through the resume might have been the wrong answer here).

The start of mine was similar, I was asked "So tell me about yourself." It threw me off for a quick second but I approached it the same way as you did and just walked through my resume. It worked out for me so I'm sure you did fine. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R4 applicant for Cornell. My application has been under review for almost a month now. I know other R4 applicants who had received invites. Is it a good or bad sign if application stays under review till the notification deadline? Just curious
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Got the call around 9:40am EST! March 24 Skype interview, round 3.

Status is still "under review" as of 11:40am EST but I did get an email from the person who gave me a call with a link for new students, so it wasn't all a dream. She did say that I should get emails for the next step in the next few hours.

I have been losing sleep over this whole process (12 hour time difference, mostly out of fear that I will miss the call) so I'm glad that I got a phone call in a decent hour my time. I can now rest (for a while). Planning begins tomorrow.

Edited to add: 12nn EST. Got an email that my status has changed, and my status is now "complete" with a view decision link to the letter. No scholarship offer.

Originally posted by v13 on 07 Apr 2016, 08:45.
Last edited by v13 on 07 Apr 2016, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts