GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 11:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 15:52
So, after the interview, there's nothing we can do except wait for Dec 17? I'm not sure if I'm feeling helpless or relieved!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 16:10
phlaym39 wrote:
So, after the interview, there's nothing we can do except wait for Dec 17? I'm not sure if I'm feeling helpless or relieved!

Helpless. I just want some sort of positive affirmation in the two months till the deadline. I guess I'm needy.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 16:38
Sigh...Let the waiting begin.

...When I'm sick I just stop being sick...and be Awesome instead...True Story...

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 19:02
I decided that since I am going to be stressing anyways while waiting, might as well make it productive stress by starting my CFA Level 2 studying...
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 20:56
TheLevin wrote:
I decided that since I am going to be stressing anyways while waiting, might as well make it productive stress by starting my CFA Level 2 studying...

Good luck!!!

I'm just going to eat Lindor truffles for 2 months.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 05:55
anyone else in the US still waiting for an interview / waiver? not sure if my delay is a result of my location or the fact that i submitted so close to the application deadline....
Manager
Manager
Get to know MMM student Shriansh Shrivastava  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Get to know MMM student Shriansh Shrivastava
Shriansh Shrivastava is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time MMM Program. In this Q&A, he talks about his background, why he chose Kellogg and what he loves about the MMM Program.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE COMING TO KELLOGG?

I grew up in India, spent 10 years in the United Kingdom, where I did undergrad, then an awesome job working with unreleased cellphones, and then I worked on a mental health suicide prevention project – using smartphones, of course. I finally spent a year in Canada working for an ATM software company.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO ATTEND KELLOGG?

The people, really. During my application process, the alums that genuinely seemed to care that I get in and gave me the most help and guidance were Kellogg MBAs. That was the deciding factor.

WHY DID YOU PURSUE THE MMM PROGRAM?

I chose it because it’s cool, really. But seriously, MMM this year has a fascinating second degree – a Master of Science in Design Innovation – which stresses a lot on design thinking and creativity. I was sold at the words “design innovation.”

WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO LEARN AT KELLOGG?

How to be a better version of me! Everything Kellogg offers – academics, extracurricular and networking – plays into this.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO AFTER GRADUATING?

Innovation in big tech – in broad area of mobile/telecommunications.

Learn more about the MMM Program.

Follow Shriansh on Twitter (@Shriansh)

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: design innovation, Innovation, MMM Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 08:40
just had interview. it went well. 100% why kellogg and my story to get a sense for fit.

you guys have opinion when to submit thank you letter? i.e. following day, three days?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 14:13
had my interview and i guess i had a much different experience than you guys. it was def NOT like a conversation. my interviewer sat on his laptop rattling off questions and taking notes on his laptop the entire time. the interview was incredibly long as well - came out to 1 hr 20 mins which included 15 mins of questions i asked him. he asked a lot of behavioral questions in addition to the usual walk me through your resume/why MBA/why kellogg/why consulting questions. there were a few behavioral questions i was not prepared for and had to make up some BS on the spot.

overall, not too happy with how it turned out. i guess i was expecting it to be more like a conversation. not too optimistic about my chances after having the interview which sucks since Kellogg is my top choice :(
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 14:19
I had an on campus interview with a 2nd year student. It was great! It was conversational and the person took A LOT of notes. I think at least 4 pages worth on the notepad.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 20:16
Anybody from India got any notification for interview invites or waivers? Panicking here!

My Application Experience

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 20:47
Having my interview this evening with Alum in Thailand. Wish me luck. :s
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 22:21
razordude1717 wrote:
Anybody from India got any notification for interview invites or waivers? Panicking here!

A few people did. I personally didnt get a call yet.

As per my knowledge, if they dont call Indians for an interview (i.e. they give you a waiver), they will ding you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Other (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 22:50
ankurq7 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:

As per my knowledge, if they dont call Indians for an interview (i.e. they give you a waiver), they will ding you.

I haven't got one as yet either
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 00:58
adimitl86 wrote:
ankurq7 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:

I haven't got one as yet either

I haven't got anything yet either!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:01
razordude1717 wrote:

I just received an email asking me to schedule a Skype interview.

Originally posted by abhjtm on 20 Oct 2014, 07:56.
Last edited by abhjtm on 20 Oct 2014, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Careers Uncorked: A Women’s Business Association networking event  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Careers Uncorked: A Women’s Business Association networking event

It’s official: the leaves have changed and fall is here. For first-year students at Kellogg, that means the recruiting season has begun. On the evening of October 15, 130 first-year Kellogg women got the chance to kick off the season in style at “Careers Uncorked,” an exclusive event hosted by Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association (WBA).

“Careers Uncorked” brought representatives from 25 premier companies to campus, giving first-year Kellogg women the opportunity to start networking in a unique and informal setting.

This year’s list of companies included:

Accenture
Bain
Baxter
BCG
Colgate

Danaher
Deloitte
Dish
E.J. Gallo
Eaton

Education Pioneers
Emerson
General Mills
Goldman Sachs
Intuit

Johnson & Johnson
JP Morgan
Liberty Mutual
McKinsey
Microsoft

Parthenon
Prudential
Target
United
Walmart

Regardless of their recruiting goals, first-year women got the chance to start exploring companies and practice their elevator pitch.

“The best part of ‘Careers Uncorked’ was the low pressure environment,” first-year student Amanda McCarthy said. “The company representatives were all extremely approachable and I felt as though I was able to have genuine, comfortable conversations with Kellogg alumna who were representing their companies.”

Jennifer Sim had a similar feeling about the event.

“For many of us, it’s been many years since we’ve had to go through recruiting, so my networking skills were quite rusty,” Sim said. “‘Careers Uncorked’ was a great way to practice my pitch in a low-key environment, learn more about each company and even explore industries that I had not previously considered.”

In order to help the students prepare for their first networking event of the year, the Professional Development Committee of the WBA hosted a “Networking 101” seminar one week prior to ‘Careers Uncorked.’ The workshop, hosted in partnership with Kellogg’s Career Management Center, included tips on the do’s and don’ts of networking events, how to formulate your elevator pitch and more.

And perhaps best of all, this is just the beginning for the Kellogg WBA. The club already has several events in the pipeline, including dinners with female alumna from different industries and negotiations seminars to help second-year women with their full-time offers.

Stay tuned throughout the year to get recaps on WBA events and initiatives.

Pooja Prasad is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. She serves as VP of Marketing for the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, she spent four years at Adobe on their social media team. For her summer internship, she worked on Microsoft’s media team.

Learn more about the Women’s Business Association.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: career, elevator pitch, Kellogg Women's Business Association, Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association, networking, WBA, Women's Business Association Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 08:19
Interview went well – focused on my career interests and why MBA/Kellogg.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 08:20
abhjtm wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:

I just received an email asking me to schedule a Skype interview.

Congrats Abhijit...All the best..
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 08:46
For those who care, I am an Indian and have been working in the states for a while now. I visited the Kellogg campus in Aug '14 for a culture fit check. It was a great experience. I am interviewing on campus in Nov . And I don't believe that if Indians get a waiver(coz the school couldn't find resources) they are dinged. This information is unsubstantiated. Please trust what is mentioned on the kellogg website. It is too great a school to waffle around with the decision making process. And this goes for all schools not just kellogg-- You are not dinged until you are !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 20 Oct 2014, 08:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap