GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 01:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 09:32
Any Indian got interview invite in Mumbai? Is it phase wise or time of submission?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 09:37
Sid6 wrote:
Any Indian got interview invite in Mumbai? Is it phase wise or time of submission?

No idea bro. And I am unsure if anyone else can say that for sure either!!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 09:39
sachdix wrote:
adimitl86 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:
Anybody from India got any notification for interview invites or waivers? Panicking here!

I haven't got one as yet either

I haven't got anything yet either!!

sachdix adimitl86 ankurq7 razordude1717 - I just got an email from Kellogg to schedule my interview in a week. The next available slot was Oct. 23rd (which was too close!) and at 1.30AM IST so I opted for a later date so that I could take the interview at a more comfortable time. I have my interview scheduled on Nov. 7th! Wish me luck!

abhjtm - When did you schedule your interview for?

Good luck to all those waiting for invites! :) Kellogg has a rep for interviewing almost everyone, or as many as it can manage given the volume of apps - so stay hopeful!

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 09:43
Congrats vandanasathpathy ..Rock the interview...
However, I fail to understand why are Kellogg having skype interviews in India..They have a strong alumni presence in the country! Guess all of them are too busy to entertain hopefuls like myself!
Manager
Manager
Get to know MMM student Shriansh Shrivastava  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 12:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Get to know MMM student Shriansh Shrivastava
Shriansh Shrivastava is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time MMM Program. In this Q&A, he talks about his background, why he chose Kellogg and what he loves about the MMM Program.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE COMING TO KELLOGG?

I grew up in India, spent 10 years in the United Kingdom, where I did undergrad, then an awesome job working with unreleased cellphones, and then I worked on a mental health suicide prevention project – using smartphones, of course. I finally spent a year in Canada working for an ATM software company.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO ATTEND KELLOGG?

The people, really. During my application process, the alums that genuinely seemed to care that I get in and gave me the most help and guidance were Kellogg MBAs. That was the deciding factor.

WHY DID YOU PURSUE THE MMM PROGRAM?

I chose it because it’s cool, really. But seriously, MMM this year has a fascinating second degree – a Master of Science in Design Innovation – which stresses a lot on design thinking and creativity. I was sold at the words “design innovation.”

WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO LEARN AT KELLOGG?

How to be a better version of me! Everything Kellogg offers – academics, extracurricular and networking – plays into this.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO AFTER GRADUATING?

Innovation in big tech – in broad area of mobile/telecommunications.

Learn more about the MMM Program.

Follow Shriansh on Twitter (@Shriansh)

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: culture, design innovation, innovate, Innovation, MMM Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Careers Uncorked: A Women’s Business Association networking event  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 12:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Careers Uncorked: A Women’s Business Association networking event

It’s official: the leaves have changed and fall is here. For first-year students at Kellogg, that means the recruiting season has begun. On the evening of October 15, 130 first-year Kellogg women got the chance to kick off the season in style at “Careers Uncorked,” an exclusive event hosted by Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association (WBA).

“Careers Uncorked” brought representatives from 25 premier companies to campus, giving first-year Kellogg women the opportunity to start networking in a unique and informal setting.

This year’s list of companies included:

Accenture
Bain
Baxter
BCG
Colgate

Danaher
Deloitte
Dish
E.J. Gallo
Eaton

Education Pioneers
Emerson
General Mills
Goldman Sachs
Intuit

Johnson & Johnson
JP Morgan
Liberty Mutual
McKinsey
Microsoft

Parthenon
Prudential
Target
United
Walmart

Regardless of their recruiting goals, first-year women got the chance to start exploring companies and practice their elevator pitch.

“The best part of ‘Careers Uncorked’ was the low pressure environment,” first-year student Amanda McCarthy said. “The company representatives were all extremely approachable and I felt as though I was able to have genuine, comfortable conversations with Kellogg alumna who were representing their companies.”

Jennifer Sim had a similar feeling about the event.

“For many of us, it’s been many years since we’ve had to go through recruiting, so my networking skills were quite rusty,” Sim said. “‘Careers Uncorked’ was a great way to practice my pitch in a low-key environment, learn more about each company and even explore industries that I had not previously considered.”

In order to help the students prepare for their first networking event of the year, the Professional Development Committee of the WBA hosted a “Networking 101” seminar one week prior to ‘Careers Uncorked.’ The workshop, hosted in partnership with Kellogg’s Career Management Center, included tips on the do’s and don’ts of networking events, how to formulate your elevator pitch and more.

And perhaps best of all, this is just the beginning for the Kellogg WBA. The club already has several events in the pipeline, including dinners with female alumna from different industries and negotiations seminars to help second-year women with their full-time offers.

Stay tuned throughout the year to get recaps on WBA events and initiatives.

Pooja Prasad is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. She serves as VP of Marketing for the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, she spent four years at Adobe on their social media team. For her summer internship, she worked on Microsoft’s media team.

Learn more about the Women’s Business Association.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: career, elevator pitch, Kellogg Women's Business Association, Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association, networking, WBA, Women's Business Association Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '17
GPA: 3.58

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 12:29
My essay video changed again to the 20th from the 15th.
Manager
Manager
Kellogg women kick off recruiting season  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 14:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg women kick off recruiting season

It’s official: the leaves have changed and fall is here. For first-year students at Kellogg, that means the recruiting season has begun. On the evening of October 15, 130 first-year Kellogg women got the chance to kick off the season in style at “Careers Uncorked,” an exclusive event hosted by Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association (WBA).

“Careers Uncorked” brought representatives from 25 premier companies to campus, giving first-year Kellogg women the opportunity to start networking in a unique and informal setting.

This year’s list of companies included:

Accenture
Bain
Baxter
BCG
Colgate

Danaher
Deloitte
Dish
E.J. Gallo
Eaton

Education Pioneers
Emerson
General Mills
Goldman Sachs
Intuit

Johnson & Johnson
JP Morgan
Liberty Mutual
McKinsey
Microsoft

Parthenon
Prudential
Target
United
Walmart

Regardless of their recruiting goals, first-year women got the chance to start exploring companies and practice their elevator pitch.

“The best part of ‘Careers Uncorked’ was the low pressure environment,” first-year student Amanda McCarthy said. “The company representatives were all extremely approachable and I felt as though I was able to have genuine, comfortable conversations with Kellogg alumna who were representing their companies.”

Jennifer Sim had a similar feeling about the event.

“For many of us, it’s been many years since we’ve had to go through recruiting, so my networking skills were quite rusty,” Sim said. “‘Careers Uncorked’ was a great way to practice my pitch in a low-key environment, learn more about each company and even explore industries that I had not previously considered.”

In order to help the students prepare for their first networking event of the year, the Professional Development Committee of the WBA hosted a “Networking 101” seminar one week prior to ‘Careers Uncorked.’ The workshop, hosted in partnership with Kellogg’s Career Management Center, included tips on the do’s and don’ts of networking events, how to formulate your elevator pitch and more.

And perhaps best of all, this is just the beginning for the Kellogg WBA. The club already has several events in the pipeline, including dinners with female alumna from different industries and negotiations seminars to help second-year women with their full-time offers.

Stay tuned throughout the year to get recaps on WBA events and initiatives.

Pooja Prasad is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. She serves as VP of Marketing for the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, she spent four years at Adobe on their social media team. For her summer internship, she worked on Microsoft’s media team.

Learn more about the Women’s Business Association.

Filed under: Career, Student Life Tagged: career, elevator pitch, Kellogg Women's Business Association, Kellogg’s Women’s Business Association, networking, WBA, Women's Business Association Image

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 19:49
vandanasathpathy and abhjtm

what is the video essay submission mentioned now on the application website?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 20:58
vandanasathpathy wrote:
When did you schedule your interview for?

vandanasathpathy: I haven't scheduled it yet. I shall be doing it today. Oct 23 does seem too soon!

ankurq7 wrote:
what is the video essay submission mentioned now on the application website?

ankurq7: The application website says video essay received on 10/15/2014.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 06:49
Just got an invite for off campus interview with alumni!! So relieved .. Best of luck to everyone.,

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 08:12
Sid6 wrote:
Just got an invite for off campus interview with alumni!! So relieved .. Best of luck to everyone.,

Good luck!

...When I'm sick I just stop being sick...and be Awesome instead...True Story...

Manager
Manager
Why I Chose Kellogg: Erica Escolin ’15  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 09:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose Kellogg: Erica Escolin ’15

ABOUT THE TWO-YEAR PROGRAM

Our Two-Year MBA Program is for students who want to gain the confidence to lead boldly and challenge conventional thinking in the global marketplace. You will build core management skills and then move on to specialized electives that reflect their areas of interest. Whether you are inside or outside the classroom, you will learn to lead by practicing in an environment that gives you an opportunity to try new things.

After you complete the required courses, you will have the opportunity to customize your experience through a wide range of electives and more than 1,000 experiential learning opportunities. The program is also proud to offer an unparalleled number of global learning options, including 37 exchange programs across 20 countries.

Learn more about the Two-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: 2Y, dak, day at kellogg, Two-Year, Two-Year MBA Program, Why I Chose Kellogg Image

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 10:53
Hey everyone... I just updated my blog with a post on interviews... check it out! I partnered with an admissions consultant to get the inside scoop... tomorrow I will be posting a mega interview resource!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 11:51
GrantMeAdmission wrote:
Hey everyone... I just updated my blog with a post on interviews... check it out! I partnered with an admissions consultant to get the inside scoop... tomorrow I will be posting a mega interview resource!

Thanks dude!! You are a big inspiration.. Good luck !!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 05:49
Got an interview invite ... in the process of scheduling an interview ...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 06:48
For on campus interviews, is there any difference between interviewing with a student and interviewing with someone from admissions (i.e. are 'better' candidates matched with admissions staff)?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 06:55
Okay everyone... I interview quite a few people within the corporate and non-profit environment.

I did a blog post today on how I PERSONALLY prep for interviews. I hope it helps you on your journey!
Manager
Manager
Why I Chose Kellogg: Erica Escolin ’15  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose Kellogg: Erica Escolin ’15

ABOUT THE TWO-YEAR PROGRAM

Our Two-Year MBA Program is for students who want to gain the confidence to lead boldly and challenge conventional thinking in the global marketplace. You will build core management skills and then move on to specialized electives that reflect their areas of interest. Whether you are inside or outside the classroom, you will learn to lead by practicing in an environment that gives you an opportunity to try new things.

After you complete the required courses, you will have the opportunity to customize your experience through a wide range of electives and more than 1,000 experiential learning opportunities. The program is also proud to offer an unparalleled number of global learning options, including 37 exchange programs across 20 countries.

Learn more about the Two-Year MBA Program.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: 2Y, dak, day at kellogg, Two-Year, Two-Year MBA Program, Why I Chose Kellogg Image

Manager
Manager
What you can expect at Diversity Weekend  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: What you can expect at Diversity Weekend

Are you still looking to experience what it would be like pursuing your MBA at Kellogg? If so, you might want to consider attending our upcoming Diversity Weekend.

Diversity Weekend is an annual preview event for prospective students hosted by the Kellogg Admissions Team, the Africa Business ClubBlack Management Association and Hispanic Management Association.

This year’s event is scheduled for Nov. 7-9.

The weekend will kick off Friday morning with a talk by Dean Sally Blount. Professor Julie Hennessy and Assistant Professor Michele Rogers will each teach a mock class for the prospective students. Attendees will hear from Career Management Center representatives about resources and opportunities available to students, and they will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the Admissions staff.

Throughout the weekend, prospective students will be able to meet and interact with current students and alumni.

One of the highlights of this year’s event is that it coincides with the student-led Black Management Association (BMA) Conference, “The Balancing Act: The Essential Equilibrium Between Your Career and Personal Pursuits.” The goal of this year’s conference is to hone in on three major points:

• Unconventional career planning
  • The pursuit of philanthropic and entrepreneurial passions
  • Fulfilling personal/family goals
Scheduled conference keynotes include:

• An executive conversation with Dean Blount and Jim Reynolds ’82, chairman and CEO of Loop Capital
  • A keynote address from Moët Hennessy Senior Vice President Rodney Williams ’90, who will discuss “From MBA to Senior Leader: The X Factors”
The conference will also feature a variety of panel discussions and networking opportunities.

If you have any questions about Diversity Weekend, please email Michelle Maxwell in the Office of Admissions.

The Kellogg Admissions Team

847.491.3308   |  mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu

Register for Diversity Weekend.

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Program.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Career, Student Life Tagged: Africa Business Club, black management association, BMA, Conference, diversity, Diversity Weekend, Hispanic Management Association Image

GMAT Club Bot
What you can expect at Diversity Weekend &nbs [#permalink] 22 Oct 2014, 07:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap