GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 05:09
Has anybody called their alumni contact regarding interview scheduling ? I haven't received a reply to my mail for 4 days, should I try calling or texting? Any inputs?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 05:13
Hey Hi there, I suggest you call the interviewer. Because the college has a deadline to complete the interview process.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 05:53
I have had my interview and he answered promptly, but it is usually for them to take a week or so to answer. It happened to me for other schools, wait a week or so and contact the school, their email might be outdated...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 06:16
I can't risk a waiver over this so am thinking to call them over the weekend. I hope it is not that big a deal.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 06:53
Call them..it's not a big deal.

...When I'm sick I just stop being sick...and be Awesome instead...True Story...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 08:32
downeaster wrote:
Any other R1 applicants still waiting for an interview invite? Anyone receive a waiver yet?

I am also in the waiting bus ..Neither a waiver nor any other update on my application yet!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 08:43
sachdix wrote:
downeaster wrote:
Any other R1 applicants still waiting for an interview invite? Anyone receive a waiver yet?

I am also in the waiting bus ..Neither a waiver nor any other update on my application yet!

Same here.

My Application Experience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 08:52
I called my interviewer after 4 days of not hearing from her, I didn't want to take the chance of missing the deadline... She didn't seem to take it badly at all....
Manager
Manager
#MyKellogg Photo of the Week: Oct. 24  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: #MyKellogg Photo of the Week: Oct. 24

Thanks to @wmlippitt for sharing his image of higher education with a #MyKellogg shot from the sky! This gorgeous view is the #MyKellogg photo of the week. Keep tagging your pictures of life at Kellogg with #MyKellogg, and maybe your picture will be featured as an upcoming photo of the week.

View the picture on Instagram

Follow @KelloggSchool on Instagram to get more snapshots of life at Kellogg

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: #MyKellogg, Photo of the week Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 10:16
I had my interview this week with an alum in Boston. Interview was conversational and the alum is a very interesting person. Though I had arrived 15 mins late due to traffic mishap :moped :nopem , he was kind enough to make me feel comfortable :) and express myself without inhibitions.. It tells a lot about how friendly and nice people Kellogg Alums are. The interview had standard questions but I never felt my interviewer was bored or filling up any standard raw format mechanically. He had a set of questions in mind but he improvised and connected his questions to create a whole picture at the end of the interview. He was as excited as me in talking about Kellogg and latest happenings in the campus (though he graduated a decade ago).. We shared our mutual admiration for the Kellogg School :beer . It lasted for a little more than 30 mins and I felt satisfied at the end of my interview. At the end I felt thankful to Kellogg for connecting me to such wonderful people (alumni).. Love Kellogg :thumbup:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 00:47
When I log on to my application status it still shows the GMAT Score as awaited. I had mailed the school on October 5th regarding this and they said that they would update it by mid October and if they didn't receive it by then they would email me directly. But the status hasn't changed and I didn't receive any update request from the school either.
I have even completed my interview... Anyone facing something similar? Any ideas?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 01:07
new2club wrote:
When I log on to my application status it still shows the GMAT Score as awaited. I had mailed the school on October 5th regarding this and they said that they would update it by mid October and if they didn't receive it by then they would email me directly. But the status hasn't changed and I didn't receive any update request from the school either.
I have even completed my interview... Anyone facing something similar? Any ideas?

Check your mba.com account. There are two dates, Date requested and Date reported, next to each school. If those are all populated, it should be fine. Did you write the GMAT close to the deadline? If so, GMAC would have only sent the score to them after the deadline. There might not be a direct integration of the data so someone has to manually import a list of names and scores.

Your self-reported score will be used in your review. They will just use the official score to confirm that your self-reported score was accurate.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 01:33
My alumni contact is not even responding to calls. This is not a good sign. Panicking now

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 04:22
phlaym39 wrote:
new2club wrote:

Check your mba.com account. There are two dates, Date requested and Date reported, next to each school. If those are all populated, it should be fine. Did you write the GMAT close to the deadline? If so, GMAC would have only sent the score to them after the deadline. There might not be a direct integration of the data so someone has to manually import a list of names and scores.

Your self-reported score will be used in your review. They will just use the official score to confirm that your self-reported score was accurate.

I did not take the GMAT close to the deadline, so that cannot be the reason. Anyhow, both dates exist on mba.com so I guess it should be fine and they will contact me in case of issues. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 04:25
Sid6 wrote:
My alumni contact is not even responding to calls. This is not a good sign. Panicking now

I had a similar situation but he called me back ultimately. You can call the school in a week if he still hasn't contacted you they will give you an alternate number or interviewer. It should not be a problem.
Manager
Manager
Why I Chose the Kellogg JD-MBA Program: Matt Rosenstock ’14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 06:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose the Kellogg JD-MBA Program: Matt Rosenstock ’14

After years in the U.S. Foreign Service, Matt Rosenstock ’14 wanted to expand his career options. He also wanted to differentiate himself and pinpoint his professional track. Kellogg’s Full-Time JD-MBA Program was right on all counts: It opened up doors in law and business. It provided access to a world-class network in both the business and law communities. And it offered degrees from two top schools — all in just three years.

In addition, while looking for startup experince at Kellogg, Matt became a co-founder of Orpheden Therapeutics, a winner at the Breast Cancer Startup Challenge.

ABOUT THE JD-MBA PROGRAM 

Our JD-MBA Program was the first of its kind in the nation. The program gives you the tools to become successful, whether you aspire to be a business leader with legal expertise, or want to pursue a law career with a solid foundation in management. In only three years – rather than the five it would take to complete both degrees separately – you’ll earn a Juris Doctor from the Northwestern School of Law and a Master of Business Administration from Kellogg.

Our program enables you to follow the career path of your choice and provides you with a skill set that truly differentiates you from others.

Learn more about the JD-MBA Program

Request info about Kellogg

Apply to Kellogg

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Career, Student Life Tagged: business, dual-degree, entrepreneurship, Innovation, JD-MBA, law, Orpheden, Why I Chose Kellogg Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 13:46
Just had my interview with an alum in Delhi. It lasted for 45 mins or so.

Needless to say it was pretty conversational and high paced. He took a lot of notes. List of questions he asked -

1) What have you done in the last one decade of your life?
2) Why MBA and why now?
3) What are looking to get from Kellogg?
4) How are you planning to spend your 2 years at Kellogg?
5) Share the most interesting piece of work you have ever done.
6) My short term and long term goal and how Kellogg fits in?
7) If I have to choose a dream team for my start up which top 3 guys will I pick and why?
8) Key Strengths and weaknesses.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 20:05
nitesh7vks wrote:
Just had my interview with an alum in Delhi. It lasted for 45 mins or so.

Needless to say it was pretty conversational and high paced. He took a lot of notes. List of questions he asked -

1) What have you done in the last one decade of your life?
2) Why MBA and why now?
3) What are looking to get from Kellogg?
4) How are you planning to spend your 2 years at Kellogg?
5) Share the most interesting piece of work you have ever done.
6) My short term and long term goal and how Kellogg fits in?
7) If I have to choose a dream team for my start up which top 3 guys will I pick and why?
8) Key Strengths and weaknesses.

Some interesting questions, thanks for sharing. Nothing for me here in Kolkata!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '17 (I)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 00:34
Hi, Does anyone know how long will Kellogg inform applicants their admission results after the interview? Or all the results come out at the decision date?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 06:51
Tomorrow is my interview!!!! Pretty excited!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Oct 2014, 06:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap