Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [6]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: LBS '21 (M$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
chibilovespurple wrote:
Hi.

How did you answer the question "What other schools did you apply for?" during the interview? I am worried that I answered a school which is higher ranked than LBS. :cry: I did mention that LBS is more suitable for my specific need though.

I had that question as well. I think it is totally OK to answer it honestly if you have good and logical reasons for choosing these schools you applied for. I just answered it with my criteria for selecting schools, and my interviewer applauded it. No worries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
allanwan wrote:
chibilovespurple wrote:
Hi.

How did you answer the question "What other schools did you apply for?" during the interview? I am worried that I answered a school which is higher ranked than LBS. :cry: I did mention that LBS is more suitable for my specific need though.

I had that question as well. I think it is totally OK to answer it honestly if you have good and logical reasons for choosing these schools you applied for. I just answered it with my criteria for selecting schools, and my interviewer applauded it. No worries.

One of my friends said that we should mention 2-3 schools which are lower ranked but not too low. But I didn't apply for any lower/back-up schools... so I didn't feel good if I tell a lie. Honestly, ranking is not my major criteria to prioritize schools - I already mentioned that with the interviewer.

But when I told the story to one of my other friends, she said that they may think I consider LBS as my back-up...
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
subirroy wrote:
Haha Gehirn and merrypips GMatclub should have its own subforum for people admitted to Cambridge but waiting for INSEAD/LBS as well.

subirroy Gehirn merrypips

We have created the following topic for Cambridge admits.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/judge-cambri ... 80779.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
chibilovespurple wrote:
allanwan wrote:
chibilovespurple wrote:
Hi.

One of my friends said that we should mention 2-3 schools which are lower ranked but not too low. But I didn't apply for any lower/back-up schools... so I didn't feel good if I tell a lie. Honestly, ranking is not my major criteria to prioritize schools - I already mentioned that with the interviewer.

But when I told the story to one of my other friends, she said that they may think I consider LBS as my back-up...

I don't think the ranking of the school matters that much tbh. In all my interviews, I was upfront about which schools I'd applied to, but I made it a point to mention why that particular school made the most sense. As long as they see that you've done you're research and you're genuinely interested in the program, I wouldn't worry too much.
Having said that, I'm still awaiting the results of my interview, so maybe don't take this as gospel just yet :grin:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, does anyone have any idea at what time on the 21st would LBS be announcing the results

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
'All application deadlines are 17:00 UK time. All Admissions Committee decisions are communicated via email and will be sent on the relevant deadline day by 23:30 UK time.'

This is mentioned in their page - https://www.london.edu/programmes/maste ... /mba/apply
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Charul18 has posted a new interview debrief, off-campus with alumni, https://gmatclub.com/forum/lbs-202/inte ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Anyone getting the chills? 10 days to go :|
Whats the call-rate for indians post interview?
50% that Narenn polled must be aggregated data i guess ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

Yep! 10 days seems like forever away.

I keep thinking about my interview and all the mistakes I made :? :? :? :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
AUSJ wrote:
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

According to the last year thread:

226 applicants --> 114 interviewed and invited to interview (~50%) --> 79 admitted (~70%).

But the rate for everyone is not our rate...

I am not sure what was my mistakes anymore... depend on the adcom's thoughts, not my thoughts...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
chibilovespurple wrote:
AUSJ wrote:
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

According to the last year thread:

226 applicants --> 114 interviewed and invited to interview (~50%) --> 79 admitted (~70%).

But the rate for everyone is not our rate...

I am not sure what was my mistakes anymore... depend on the adcom's thoughts, not my thoughts...

chibilovespurple

thats a really high % of acceptance!
if you counted your ownself then maybe you should consider this (if you havent):
All statuses that have as interviewed were also part of the applicant pool and all statuses as "admitted" were also part of the invited to interview and applicant pool....

in effect, if you hv taken the count as only of the last status then, the applicant pool would be

Applicant: 419
Invited to interview: 193 - 46% (of applicants)
Admitted: 79 - 36% (of those invited to interview)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

if you counted your ownself then maybe you should consider this (if you havent):
All statuses that have as interviewed were also part of the applicant pool and all statuses as "admitted" were also part of the invited to interview and applicant pool....

in effect, if you hv taken the count as only of the last status then, the applicant pool would be

Thanks. I understand why you have such a high GMAT. I used the number in this thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 44253.html

I think total 226 applicants already include all applicants. So admitted rate is 35% (for all applicants).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AUSJ wrote:
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

Haha I know right. I know its the results won't come out this week, but it's already super hard to be productive at work :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chibilovespurple wrote:
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

Thanks. I understand why you have such a high GMAT. I used the number in this thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 44253.html

I think total 226 applicants already include all applicants. So admitted rate is 35% (for all applicants).

Great work guys. Just remember, that GMATclub data will only reflect the results of the users here. I remember reading a post by the founder saying that majority of the people on here tend to be from North America/ India so all data on GMATclub is skewed towards them.
Also remember a lot of people might get lazy and simply not update their status' about their school ! :)

Anybody here also waiting for INSEAD simultaneously ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am waiting for INSEAD as well! But think I’ll most likely choose LBS over INSEAD if I get into both.

Have anyone emailed the adcoms about early decision release?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm honestly not sure - it would come down to financing at the end I guess.

I emailed them - they said nope definitely on the 21st. However this was before Cambridge results so who knows, they might change their mind if you tell them you've already got an offer from somewhere else.

The INSEAD adcoms said they would definitely try and get back with an early decision, but no promises on when.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatinsead2018 wrote:

Yup.. it includes applicants of all nationalities. Post interview acceptance rate for Indians is also more or less the same (for all top schools).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
merrypips wrote:
But think I’ll most likely choose LBS over INSEAD if I get into both.

Do you mind sharing your reasoning for choosing LBS over INSEAD?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  18