Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [6]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Sure, buddy! It was - "Tell me about a time when you made a difference."

Also, can anyone help me on tips on how to prepare for the case presentations during the interview? Any preparation source or tips? Thank you in advance! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Vinceprep website has some tips =)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos
Just done the kira video essays. Several tips as follows for those who haven't finished these essays.

1. Be sure to use the "setup" function to test your network, microphone and video. I tried it several times to find the best network to use. Don't use the network which it reminds like "you may expect delay during your assessment", just find a better one.
2. Pay attention to the countdown of preparation, it will immediately begin recording after 3,2,1.
3. The loading of question video and uploading of your answer can be very slow, just stay calm and patient!
4. My second question is "Describe a time when you were a leader".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Im confused by the wording in the email for the video interview.

It says we have until Monday 29th

Does this mean we also have the monday, or that the video ends deadline is at Sunday 11:59 PM London time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '21 (I)
Send PM
I got the work conflict question too. Did a bad job even though I prepared.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Is there anybody here who has not yet been matched?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
shreyasidas92 wrote:
Is there anybody here who has not yet been matched?

I would seriously consider calling them if you haven't been matched yet. Unless they've been in touch and said specifically that there'll be a delay..

Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohitakadisco28 wrote:

Also, can anyone help me on tips on how to prepare for the case presentations during the interview? Any preparation source or tips? Thank you in advance! :)

Don't stress about it - think of it like the AWA topic in the GMAT where just showing critical reasoning is the most important thing. Mine was something about AI which I know the square root of F***al about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: LBS '21 (M$)
Send PM
subirroy wrote:
rohitakadisco28 wrote:

Don't stress about it - think of it like the AWA topic in the GMAT where just showing critical reasoning is the most important thing. Mine was something about AI which I know the square root of F***al about.

I got this question too, didn't understand about what they want me to tell neither. I just paraphrased the story, and said that I agreed with the author... Then he asked me how to get the audience's attention...

But it seems that they evaluate overall interview process, not give score for each question...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
Interview Feedback-

The matching was superlative - the interviewers' experience and skill-sets were very similar to mine.

The interviewer was really well prepared. They had a long list of notes and questions. They had also prepared several follow up questions.

It was a tough interview, on the border between a negotiation and a stress test.

However, post the interview (they stopped recording and said we are done now) we had a long chat about the industry in general and I really enjoyed conversing with the interviewer in general.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Finished my interview a couple of days ago. As someone said earlier, expect the inerviewer to be prepped with detailed notes about your app and specific weaknesses /holes. I got a few standard questions about team/leadership stories, but mainly it was an enjoyable experience, lasted less than an hour.

I emailed the adcom, and they confirmed that decisions will ONLY be released on the 21st. Now the long wait begins...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V43
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
gmatinsead2018 wrote:
Interview Feedback-

The matching was superlative - the interviewers' experience and skill-sets were very similar to mine.

The interviewer was really well prepared. They had a long list of notes and questions. They had also prepared several follow up questions.

It was a tough interview, on the border between a negotiation and a stress test.

However, post the interview (they stopped recording and said we are done now) we had a long chat about the industry in general and I really enjoyed conversing with the interviewer in general.

They recorded you??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got done with my interview today. My interviewer is at the CEO position, and is from my industry only. We had a good discussion on how the industry is going through disruptions and changes. He had gone through my application very well. Overall, it was a good experience. It was great to hear about his LBS experience and he advised me on a number of things. Let's see what happens on 21st November! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Does anyone has a time machine to travel 3 weeks to the future?? Hehehe

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I asked this in Cambridge forum but never got a response, so here goes again - has anybody here applied to the Cambridge /LBS /Insead trifecta? Coz I received my offer from cambridge yesterday, but they only gave me till the 23rd to accept . Which is just too close to the LBS and Insead decisions for comfort..

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Subirroy,
Same position as you. I guess we have 3 weeks to think about it and then a day to decide based on actual outcome...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Gehirn wrote:
Hi Subirroy,
Same position as you. I guess we have 3 weeks to think about it and then a day to decide based on actual outcome...

I think I'm gonna email the adcoms asking for an early decision..

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Let me know how that goes - I’m also waiting for LBS but have an admit from Cambridge

subirroy wrote:
Gehirn wrote:
Hi Subirroy,

I think I'm gonna email the adcoms asking for an early decision..

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18