Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 07:59 It is currently 13 May 2024, 07:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10052 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
So that's five admits out of ten interviewed. I suspect that's everyone then.
potatomaximum all based out of the US it seems. They do take only 4 to 6 international students anyway if I remember correctly - might not take any on the forum.
Anyway, congratulations to all those who received the offers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I received the call Friday as well. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and best of luck to other who finally received the not so happy news today. I celebrated my rejection and alternate yet happy future with a big glass of home made Faluda (milk based dessert drink popular in India and Middle East - a real calorie bomb).

I feel a very wierd sense of relief now since I know the results. Sad but relived.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dinged for LGO but considered for Sloan. Is it the same for all those who were dinged?
Congratulations to all those who got in!

bimaldshah
It does feel relieved to know the results. 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I see that 8 members have been admitted to the program. Please feel free to join "MIT LGO Class of 2018" group on Facebook.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Sloan '19 (D)
Send PM
Hi everyone! Has anybody heard from Sloan? Do we get another ding or is it implied if we don't get interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dauren88 wrote:
Hi everyone! Has anybody heard from Sloan? Do we get another ding or is it implied if we don't get interview invites?

Interested in this question as well.

Apparently R2 Sloan dings were sent out yesterday for those who were not interviewed, but should the LGO applicants who are still considered for Sloan expect to wait until the final deadline even if they never had an interview? I know it's a long shot either way but additional clarity to this process would be nice. IMO MIT-LGO seems to have really dropped the ball on this whole process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Sloan '19 (D)
Send PM
kman3b18 wrote:
dauren88 wrote:

Apparently R2 Sloan dings were sent out yesterday for those who were not interviewed, but should the LGO applicants who are still considered for Sloan expect to wait until the final deadline even if they never had an interview? I know it's a long shot either way but additional clarity to this process would be nice. IMO MIT-LGO seems to have really dropped the ball on this whole process.

Got my ding dong from Sloan MBA:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dauren88 wrote:
kman3b18 wrote:
dauren88 wrote:

Got my ding dong from Sloan MBA:)

Same.

I really loved the idea behind the LGO program and all the people I met at Ambassador Day, so when I didn't get into that I don't think I would have gone to just Sloan for business school, but oh well. Thankfully I have a couple of other options and I'll be heading to Kellogg with some $.

Good luck to everyone in this thread who both made it and didn't make it. We're all still bound to do great things.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello.

I am currently a undergraduate graduating Spring 2018 with a bachelors in biomedical engineering. I do not have any work experience within the industry; however, I have 3.5 years of undergraduate research. My question is regards to having work experience.

Does everyone within the program typically have work experience within the industry???

I am interested in partaking in this program because I plan to become a leader within industrial biomedical research and possibly leading or starting my own company someday. I was reading the website and they mention that it is recommended that you have 2 years of work experience within the industry. Can you comment on whether everyone within the program usually has this? Is there some cases in which some don't. I am just wanted to better assess my chances before applying and whether I should wait a few years after I am in a company.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73171 [0]
Given Kudos: 18948
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Sloan (MIT) Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Sloan (MIT) Forum to dive into all things related to Sloan (MIT)'s MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts