It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 175

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 22:05
harshadrane wrote:
aravinth545 - to be very honest, I'm not sure how it was.
For those of you who still haven't given yours:
1. The interviewer will try to put you at ease, if you're visibly nervous as I was. The idea being they want to see the natural you.
2. In my case most of the examples of Behavioural Events I faced were in a specific context (auto mfg.) - So I felt that a large part of my answers went into context setting. When you're preparing, see if you can script this part.
3. More than what you did, MIT is interested in WHY. Please, Please don't script this part. For one of my questions, I ended up repeated something I'd said in my essay - I believe it did not go down well.

All in all, I believe it could've gone better - but then I'm sure most of us feel that way. So, I'm just waiting with my fingers crossed, for that little email :)


That's right. Everybody feels we could have answered a question better. All we can do is wait for March 1.

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 10:32
What date is the InterviewFest this year? Is it happening today?

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: MIT-LGO '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Reviews Badge
Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 13:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
aravinth545 wrote:
harshadrane wrote:
aravinth545 - to be very honest, I'm not sure how it was.
For those of you who still haven't given yours:
1. The interviewer will try to put you at ease, if you're visibly nervous as I was. The idea being they want to see the natural you.
2. In my case most of the examples of Behavioural Events I faced were in a specific context (auto mfg.) - So I felt that a large part of my answers went into context setting. When you're preparing, see if you can script this part.
3. More than what you did, MIT is interested in WHY. Please, Please don't script this part. For one of my questions, I ended up repeated something I'd said in my essay - I believe it did not go down well.

All in all, I believe it could've gone better - but then I'm sure most of us feel that way. So, I'm just waiting with my fingers crossed, for that little email :)


That's right. Everybody feels we could have answered a question better. All we can do is wait for March 1.



Had my interview today with Lisa Cummings from Sloan/LGO. She was very friendly. The interview questions as below -
1. Has anything changed in your profile recently? (she took my new resume and put it in the file)
2. Tell me about a situation where you had to give a difficult feedback to someone
3. Tell me about a time when you pushed yourself or the team too hard
4. Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with your idea or gave suggestions to improve your idea
5. Tell me about a time when your ideas were challenged
6. Tell me about a time when you worked in a team with bad dynamics
7. How do you carve out time for yourself out of busy schedule
8. You already have a PhD, why go for a "dual" degree
9. Are there any specific companies you are targeting for internships
10. Any thing you would like to talk about? (i told her about UG experiences)
11. Any thing you would like to ask? (i asked if LGO is doing anything to admit more internationals - like getting new partners or adding international assignments)
12. Anything else you would like to ask? (I asked about teaching opporutnities)

After this it became more of open conversation - we discussed about SFO marathon and shin splints (:P), philosophy, finance etc. Overall very friendly and positive experience.

I would suggest going in with a specific agenda (like what would you like to highlight to Adcom - leadership, teamwork, innovation etc). Have 4-5 stories in STAR format ready. Be flexible - they may not ask the questions you prepared for but you should be able to use the stories to convey the "qualities" you want to convey.

Best luck to all the applicants.

Abhishek

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 13:48
abhishektambat wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:
harshadrane wrote:
aravinth545 - to be very honest, I'm not sure how it was.
For those of you who still haven't given yours:
1. The interviewer will try to put you at ease, if you're visibly nervous as I was. The idea being they want to see the natural you.
2. In my case most of the examples of Behavioural Events I faced were in a specific context (auto mfg.) - So I felt that a large part of my answers went into context setting. When you're preparing, see if you can script this part.
3. More than what you did, MIT is interested in WHY. Please, Please don't script this part. For one of my questions, I ended up repeated something I'd said in my essay - I believe it did not go down well.

All in all, I believe it could've gone better - but then I'm sure most of us feel that way. So, I'm just waiting with my fingers crossed, for that little email :)


That's right. Everybody feels we could have answered a question better. All we can do is wait for March 1.



Had my interview today with Lisa Cummings from Sloan/LGO. She was very friendly. The interview questions as below -
1. Has anything changed in your profile recently? (she took my new resume and put it in the file)
2. Tell me about a situation where you had to give a difficult feedback to someone
3. Tell me about a time when you pushed yourself or the team too hard
4. Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with your idea or gave suggestions to improve your idea
5. Tell me about a time when your ideas were challenged
6. Tell me about a time when you worked in a team with bad dynamics
7. How do you carve out time for yourself out of busy schedule
8. You already have a PhD, why go for a "dual" degree
9. Are there any specific companies you are targeting for internships
10. Any thing you would like to talk about? (i told her about UG experiences)
11. Any thing you would like to ask? (i asked if LGO is doing anything to admit more internationals - like getting new partners or adding international assignments)
12. Anything else you would like to ask? (I asked about teaching opporutnities)

After this it became more of open conversation - we discussed about SFO marathon and shin splints (:P), philosophy, finance etc. Overall very friendly and positive experience.

I would suggest going in with a specific agenda (like what would you like to highlight to Adcom - leadership, teamwork, innovation etc). Have 4-5 stories in STAR format ready. Be flexible - they may not ask the questions you prepared for but you should be able to use the stories to convey the "qualities" you want to convey.

Best luck to all the applicants.

Abhishek


Hi Abhishek - Great debrief!

Did you interview over Skype or on-campus?

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: MIT-LGO '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V46
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 00:54
Hi Abhishek - Great debrief!

Did you interview over Skype or on-campus?[/quote]

On-campus!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 16:10
Anyone get an interview invite for the second round?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 16:21
Nope :-(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 22:42
bimaldshah wrote:
Nope :-(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mmm... Not looking good for me. Dang. Was REALLY hoping this year I could get in... Looks like I'm applying next year as well. :)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 06:20
Are you a re-applicant? Did you apply last year? Were you called for an interview the last time?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 11:48
bimaldshah wrote:
Are you a re-applicant? Did you apply last year? Were you called for an interview the last time?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I didn't apply last year. I was pretty sure I wasn't getting in this year as I only have a year of experience post graduate. I worked all through my undergrad with various engineering positions, graduated valedictorian, was president of several clubs, I held a part time job while going to school full time, and my wife had a baby, and we just welcomed a second, but I worked at engineering companies, went over to China several times to help with manufacturing, all while in undergrad, so I technically have 5 years of experience, but I figured they'd want at least the 2 years post graduate. So, it was a long shot this year for me, but hopefully next year I might have a fighting chance. But it will be exactly 2 years post graduate, so, with everyone else having at least 5 post graduate, we'll see. It's been my dream as a kid to always go to MIT, and it was a glimmer of reality this year after attending the LGO day. I really hope the best for this years candidates, and hopefully next year I'll get to rub shoulders with some of the individuals on here who get accepted. :)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 18:03
Has anyone so far received the notification that you are only being considered for Sloan and not LGO?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 09:23
I have not received an interview request thus far. Do they start sending out rejections soon or are decisions sent out March 1st regardless? I don't see any updates on the application page either.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 10:11
GrantMeKnowledge wrote:
I have not received an interview request thus far. Do they start sending out rejections soon or are decisions sent out March 1st regardless? I don't see any updates on the application page either.


They send out acceptances and rejections on March 1st I believe.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 22:28
Hopeful2018 - you have solid profile. You will surely have a compelling case with some full time experience under your belt. Best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 13:29
bimaldshah wrote:
Hopeful2018 - you have solid profile. You will surely have a compelling case with some full time experience under your belt. Best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you get called for an interview for the 2nd round?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2014
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 08:40
Anyone got new interview invites?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 13:54
potatomaximum wrote:
Anyone got new interview invites?


Nope. I'm getting the ding.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 16:05
Hopeful2018 wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
Hopeful2018 - you have solid profile. You will surely have a compelling case with some full time experience under your belt. Best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you get called for an interview for the 2nd round?


Nope :-(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 10:54
has anyone been told that they are no longer being considered for LGO but for Sloan full time MBA?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 10:57
Hey everyone,
Just received an email from the LGO team asking me to confirm my email. They said they're putting the finishing touches on the decisions list.
I'm going to be a nervous wreck for the next six days.
And Hopeful2018 bimaldshah - I'm assuming this means that there are no further interview invites. All the best for the rest of your applications guys.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2016, 10:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 132 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT Sloan MSMS Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! Narenn 6 03 May 2017, 23:06
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! skydiver70 142 20 Apr 2017, 09:07
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT Sloan EMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! ashtitude 9 14 Nov 2016, 02:03
287 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! ShephardCommander 1256 15 Aug 2016, 13:19
22 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 Narenn 92 31 Mar 2015, 23:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.