Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Someone from the admissions office called you about summer start? Did you already interview or was the call to invite you to interview for summer start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wags168 wrote:
Someone from the admissions office called you about summer start? Did you already interview or was the call to invite you to interview for summer start?

I already interviewed 2/20, this is before their final decision. I can't really see it being a negative, I just thought they would ask this post-decision
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
SGHopeful16 wrote:
wags168 wrote:

I already interviewed 2/20, this is before their final decision. I can't really see it being a negative, I just thought they would ask this post-decision

I know someone who this happened to last year. They called him to ask if he would be interested in doing summer start before he was actually even officially admitted. He got the official call with admittance a couple weeks after that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I understand that NYU has a 75% pass rate after the interview - does this figure change if you interview in December vs. March?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Thegreek2808 wrote:
I understand that NYU has a 75% pass rate after the interview - does this figure change if you interview in December vs. March?

Technically it should as it is a rolling admission at Stern and the sooner you interview, the better your chances will be. But the other side of this argument is that the adcoms would know about this that many international candidates would prefer to go for off-campus interviews and as such should keep some spots open for off-campus interviewees.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Downtown New York – Why It Matters
In the fall of 2014, on the cusp of applying to business school, I found myself frequently mulling over the many options of each institution I was considering. At the time, Read More
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
R3 Applicant... Invited to interview on Feb 18th. Interviewed at Mumbai off campus today.

Very friendly interview with Adcom member, also a part time MBA student at Stern. Interview is not blind.

Questions:

- How does your day look like in your office?
- What is your proudest moment at work?
- Failure at work
- A time you had to resolve a conflict at work with a team member/client
- What would your teammates tell about you if asked?
- Short term and long term goals
- Expectations from Career center at Stern and how do you expect to contribute to accomplish the goals you have set
- Why Stern
- What are 3 transferrable skills that would help you to transition at Stern and post MBA job.
- In the terms of global ready, which is one country you would like to travel from Stern given a chance
- Queries for her.

Got a cool T Shirt!! Interview took 20-25 mins. Hoping to hear some good news in 2-3 weeks :)

All the best for others interviewing in Mumbai. .hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
sharpsagi wrote:
R3 Applicant... Invited to interview on Feb 18th. Interviewed at Mumbai off campus today.

Very friendly interview with Adcom member, also a part time MBA student at Stern. Interview is not blind.

Questions:

- How does your day look like in your office?
- What is your proudest moment at work?
- Failure at work
- A time you had to resolve a conflict at work with a team member/client
- What would your teammates tell about you if asked?
- Short term and long term goals
- Expectations from Career center at Stern and how do you expect to contribute to accomplish the goals you have set
- Why Stern
- What are 3 transferrable skills that would help you to transition at Stern and post MBA job.
- In the terms of global ready, which is one country you would like to travel from Stern given a chance
- Queries for her.

Got a cool T Shirt!! Interview took 20-25 mins. Hoping to hear some good news in 2-3 weeks :)

All the best for others interviewing in Mumbai. .hope it helps.

Interviewed in Mumbai today as well... pretty much the same list of questions ... was pleasant and conversational... should hear back in 2-3 weeks time...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed on-campus on 2/29. Admitted on 3/14 with merit scholarship covering 1st year full tuition (71,000 USD). So excited and grateful!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Midnight_express wrote:
Interviewed on-campus on 2/29. Admitted on 3/14 with merit scholarship covering 1st year full tuition (71,000 USD). So excited and grateful!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
Why New York University Fell in the Best Business Schools Rankings - (I am a current student) - Message from our Dean -

Why Stern’s Ranking Fell to 20, and Why You Shouldn’t Take it at Face Value
— March 16, 2016
US News and World Report published its rankings of full-time MBA programs today, and Stern dropped from 11 last year to 20 this year, we know why, and here’s why you shouldn’t accept it at face value.

US News shared the rankings with us last week. We were surprised, looked at the data, and found that Stern’s scores were higher than a number of other schools with higher ranks (see here for example.) So we challenged their ranking of Stern.

US News told us that Stern's drop was largely attributable to a single missing data point – one missing answer (concerning how many students submitted GMAT scores) out of over 300 questions. In its absence, US News had substituted an “estimated” number (we do not know how this estimate was derived.)

We promptly provided the correct information, but US News declined to adjust the rankings.

The failure to submit the data is ours; that said, it was wholly unintentional, it’s a question we’ve always answered in the past, US News never flagged the missing information, and the missing data was virtually identical to last year’s. Going forward, we will further tighten the procedures for data submissions so such lapses do not recur.

I thought it important to write you because it is not right to let this ranking stand without comment given that we know it is based on faulty information that we sought to correct before US News released its rankings publicly.

In addition, for both prospective students and current members of our community, I would ask you to bear in mind: in the real world Stern’s outstanding quality is no different this week than it was last week.

Sincerely,
Peter Henry
Dean, NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
PeterHAllen wrote:
https://www.stern.nyu.edu/experience-stern/news-events/us-news-2017-rankings#moredetails

https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/c ... s-rankings

Oh my goodness, why do I have a feeling that this is going to make them emphasize more on the GMAT score this time around and that is going to hamper my wait list conversion :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I am wondering what impact it will have on the yield...how heavily this glitch will weigh on the admitted students joining....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
anishashastri wrote:
PeterHAllen wrote:
https://www.stern.nyu.edu/experience-stern/news-events/us-news-2017-rankings#moredetails

Oh my goodness, why do I have a feeling that this is going to make them emphasize more on the GMAT score this time around and that is going to hamper my wait list conversion :(

I think this is probably a good thing for those on the WL, since it is likely that this will negatively impact yield.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
PeterHAllen - how many people in Admissions/Student Affairs have you seen leaving with cardboard boxes full of belongings today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Izzy767 wrote:
anishashastri wrote:
PeterHAllen wrote:

I think this is probably a good thing for those on the WL, since it is likely that this will negatively impact yield.

I don't think it will have much impact in this year's yield. The people that have applied this year are probably fully aware of the news and understand that this is just a "glitch". Also, I doubt that any recruiter will look down on Stern because of it.

But I think that next year's yield will drop more dramatically. I believe most people will just look at the rankings and not research about what actually happened.

Well, Stern Preview is in 3 weeks, and I'm sure a lot of people will be talking about it and we will see if there's an actual drop in interest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts