GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 22:09
Do we need to submit the official scores to get the final decision?
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2016
Posts: 60
Location: India
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 12:24
Interviewed with Stern in Mumbai yesterday. Got a personalized folder with details on the resources at Stern for my interests. Also got Stern branded t-shirts and pens. Damn neat.

Does the school do this for everyone they interview?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 15
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 13:41
Miso0529 wrote:
I interviewed in late February, but my application status in the online portal still says “Interview Scheduled.” My significant other interviewed in early March and their application status has already updated to say “Interview Complete.”

I’m a little confused by the delay in updating my status. Has anyone else who has completed their interview noticed that their status has not been updated yet?

Posted from my mobile device


I am in the same exact boat with the same timeline. A little relieved after reading your post. Trying not to read into this at all but at the end of this upcoming week it will be 3 weeks since the interview day and that is when I will start to be pretty anxious!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 15:43
2020outlook wrote:
Miso0529 wrote:
I interviewed in late February, but my application status in the online portal still says “Interview Scheduled.” My significant other interviewed in early March and their application status has already updated to say “Interview Complete.”

I’m a little confused by the delay in updating my status. Has anyone else who has completed their interview noticed that their status has not been updated yet?

Posted from my mobile device


I am in the same exact boat with the same timeline. A little relieved after reading your post. Trying not to read into this at all but at the end of this upcoming week it will be 3 weeks since the interview day and that is when I will start to be pretty anxious!

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks for responding to my post. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. Hoping we both get calls in the next few days!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 281
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 10:56
Hi. Have any Indian applicants for Round 2 got skype interview invites? I'm getting very anxious

Sent from my Pixel XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Spread some love..Like = +1 Kudos :)

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 20:40
akpiper86 wrote:
Interviewed with Stern in Mumbai yesterday. Got a personalized folder with details on the resources at Stern for my interests. Also got Stern branded t-shirts and pens. Damn neat.

Does the school do this for everyone they interview?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes, Stern hands out t-shirts and personalized folder with info in general & regarding the clubs/groups you mentioned you are interested in in your application.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 20:47
ShashankDave wrote:
Hi. Have any Indian applicants for Round 2 got skype interview invites? I'm getting very anxious

Sent from my Pixel XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Stern does not conduct virtual interviews or alum interviews except under critical circumstances, which is at the discretion of the admissions committee. Besides, Stern conducted Indian applicants interviews (R1 & R2 combined) in Mumbai from 07th March to 10th March. An Adcom traveled to India to conduct the interviews for candidates who opted to be interviewed off campus in India.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5617
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 21:53
DigitsnLetters wrote:
akpiper86 wrote:
Interviewed with Stern in Mumbai yesterday. Got a personalized folder with details on the resources at Stern for my interests. Also got Stern branded t-shirts and pens. Damn neat.

Does the school do this for everyone they interview?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes, Stern hands out t-shirts and personalized folder with info in general & regarding the clubs/groups you mentioned you are interested in in your application.


Wow! I thought schools give such gifts only to admits. This is the first time I see even interviewed applicants getting these things. So nice of them. :-)
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 22:10
Narenn wrote:
Wow! I thought schools give such gifts only to admits. This is the first time I see even interviewed applicants getting these things. So nice of them. :-)

Indeed very nice of them. The entire interview experience becomes very interesting when you get the t-shirt and the folder. It shows that the school cares for your preferences (that's why the folder contains brochures of all the clubs you list on your application) and is really interested in knowing more about you. :-)
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2016
Posts: 60
Location: India
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 22:16
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Wow! I thought schools give such gifts only to admits. This is the first time I see even interviewed applicants getting these things. So nice of them. :-)

Indeed very nice of them. The entire interview experience becomes very interesting when you get the t-shirt and the folder. It shows that the school cares for your preferences (that's why the folder contains brochures of all the clubs you list on your application) and is really interested in knowing more about you. :-)


Yes. The Stern interview is different to other schools in more ways than one.

Btw did you interview in Mumbai too? Either way, do you know when we can expect an answer from Stern? Past years' forums suggest two weeks post interview. Fair assessment?
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 01:35
1
akpiper86 wrote:
Yes. The Stern interview is different to other schools in more ways than one.

Btw did you interview in Mumbai too? Either way, do you know when we can expect an answer from Stern? Past years' forums suggest two weeks post interview. Fair assessment?

Yuppp, I interviewed with Stern in Mumbai. We can expect to hear back between two to three weeks. Typically it takes a little over two weeks for Stern to get back with the final outcome (sometimes they revert back within 10 days as well ;) ). However, since the interviewer is travelling till 31st March, the decision day can spill over three weeks if the admissions committee decides to take personal opinion of the interviewer on each candidate. That said, I am of the opinion that the interviewer would have already submitted his assessment by now. :-)

All the Very Best to everyone eagerly awaiting the final outcome! :thumbup:
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2016
Posts: 13
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 07:59
Is there a possibility that they still send out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 08:07
Hi! I applied to Stern on November 10. First option Tech MBA and second FullTime MBA.
Since then I haven't received any update from the adcom.

It is a ding?

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 20:36
PrajwalMP wrote:
Is there a possibility that they still send out interview invites?

Yes, it might be possible. But, in that case you will have to interview on campus. I do not want to come out as pessimist or a de-motivator, but realistically, if you are an Indian applicant and have applied in R2, chances of this happening is bleak unless you are in US already.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 20:46
CHIKE wrote:
Hi! I applied to Stern on November 10. First option Tech MBA and second FullTime MBA.
Since then I haven't received any update from the adcom.

It is a ding?

Posted from my mobile device

Well, you never know. It may be that the Adcoms haven't reviewed your application yet (which would be weird given that you submitted way back). If they wanted to Ding you straightforward, I feel they would have done that already. In my opinion, they may be giving your application a second thought and assessing your application for a better fit between the two programs.

I'd suggest you reach out to the admissions committee and inquire about your application status. BTW, the Tech MBA n Full-time MBA interviews are still happening, so, I suggest you don't give up hope yet. :-) At least not til you receive the dreaded update. ;)

All the very best :thumbup:
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4994
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 06:07
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 247
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 06:38
1
souvik101990 wrote:
Interviewed in Mumbai on the first day first slot - No gifts - WTH Stern?

On that note Stern, if you are watching, I would prefer $$$ to T Shirts.

Don't worry mate, I got your back ;) Collect your goodies (a t-shirt and a pen) from me. I have got a couple of extra t-shirts. I hope size-M fits you. I got a size-S as well, but going by the fact that you are equal in diameter to me, I'm sure S won't fit you. :lol:

P.S. Anyone who interviewed in Mumbai on 7th and didn't get his/her goodies, a size-S t-shirt and a pen is up for grabs. :-)
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 13:17
DigitsnLetters wrote:
CHIKE wrote:
Hi! I applied to Stern on November 10. First option Tech MBA and second FullTime MBA.
Since then I haven't received any update from the adcom.

It is a ding?

Posted from my mobile device

Well, you never know. It may be that the Adcoms haven't reviewed your application yet (which would be weird given that you submitted way back). If they wanted to Ding you straightforward, I feel they would have done that already. In my opinion, they may be giving your application a second thought and assessing your application for a better fit between the two programs.

I'd suggest you reach out to the admissions committee and inquire about your application status. BTW, the Tech MBA n Full-time MBA interviews are still happening, so, I suggest you don't give up hope yet. :-) At least not til you receive the dreaded update. ;)

All the very best :thumbup:


Thanks! Very helpful comment

Posted from my mobile device
Waitlisted
14 Mar, 2018
Private, GMAT: 680, Q50, V33; GPA: 4; WE: 80 months; Brazil; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 5
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 23:13
Waitlisted
GMAT 720, Work ex 90months,
India, via email

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 14 Mar 2018, 23:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 607 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.