Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Questrom (BU) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
I submitted my application on Wednesday Feb 1st and they invited me to the interview on Feb 3rd. I have got his message:

Thank you for submitting an application to the Boston University Questrom School of Business. The Admissions Committee has started its review of your application and would like to learn more about you.

Can anybody tell me why have they invited for an interview without completely reviewing my application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Re: Calling all Questrom (BU) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Gnpth wrote:
Keats wrote:
Gnpth wrote:
I got an email stating that they got all info and processed my application. And the team will review.. Is it a ding? Or waitlisted? Anyone got any news about interview invites?

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

That just means that the your application is complete. Nothing more :-D

Thanks Man.. But this is really worrying coz i had submitted my application on the deadline day.. And got the notification very late :D. Fingers crossed. No invites yet from any of the schools i applied to :| :(

Gnpth

Even I applied couple of days before the Deadline date but no reply yet except the application complete mail. :-(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Marathon92 wrote:

Gnpth

Even I applied couple of days before the Deadline date but no reply yet except the application complete mail. :-(

Did you do the Video questions or wrote an essay?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
Marathon92 wrote:

Gnpth

wrote an essay. But how does that make a difference.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Marathon92 wrote:
Gnpth wrote:
Marathon92 wrote:

Gnpth

wrote an essay. But how does that make a difference.

I wrote an essay too, but still havent received an invite, its been more than a month now since I sub my app.
We might have stumbled on a pattern here :p
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
As far as I can note, they have invited people with 700+ GMAT scores from over represented countries (think India, China) and people with 700- GMAT scores from not so over representative countries. That is just a guess estimate but you should not worry. There should be at least one huge wave of invites that should go out because with a ranking of 40+, BU won't have much of 700+ candidates. In fact, 700+ candidates will withdraw from the school as time progress (know that the R1 deposit deadline has passed and some of the students might have asked for some extension)

You can still stay hopeful. Probably by the end of next week, Friday, Feb 17, 2017!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi

Anyone who heard back after round 2 interview? I interviewed on 19th January. Haven't heard anything back since then.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
skahlon wrote:
Hi

Anyone who heard back after round 2 interview? I interviewed on 19th January. Haven't heard anything back since then.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

We havent received interview calls. So yes we are waiting and wait till 3rd week of Feb maybe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Just had the interview. It's fairly normal, just basic questions: resume? Why MBA? Why Questrom? Leadership exp... But I think I kind bombed it, being too nervous and forgeting to mention some important points. It lasts only 22 minutes. Guess it'll be a rejection.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Did any one below 700 score received interview invitation for round 2??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
sarvesh231189 wrote:
Did any one below 700 score received interview invitation for round 2??

Yes, I received an interview invitation almost immediately.
Director
Director
Send PM
I think it is curtains for the ones who haven't got an invite yet :| Wasn't expecting this though.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Keats wrote:
I think it is curtains for the ones who haven't got an invite yet :| Wasn't expecting this though.

same here. It's depressing.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
anamika.srivastava wrote:
Keats wrote:

same here. It's depressing.

Same here. No interview call :-/
Director
Director
Send PM
Apparently, I just noticed that there has been a decline in Questrom rankings by 11 points. That's huge. However, I am yet to make out as to what are the specific reasons that led to such a huge drop.

Other great schools that saw a major drop includes Carlson (-17) and Rice Jones (-11)

https://poetsandquants.com/2017/01/29/in ... ranking/3/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Guys, esp. Indian candidates
What I noticed is BU had provided admission to a lot of Indian candidates at a very high rate in round 1 with avg (700-720 gmat range)
now i believe most would have invested the first deposit to b on the safer side
I have a hunch that BU is gonna waitlist many candidates (incl the ones who havent been interviewd) in rd 2 since the guys who recd aadmissions could jump ship anytime later, and as u can see the WL of BU at present is very small compared to similarly ranked colleges.
SO, have hope :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
For those who interviewed for R2, when should we hear back? March 3rd all at once?

This wait is killing me!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts