GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 05:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 19:21
Hello friends,
today I had my on-campus interview with second year student. Lasted for 30mins

All Questions were pretty much standards..why MBA, Why Rice, Leadership experience, walk me through ur resume.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 19:22
Hello friends,
today I had my on-campus interview with second year student. Lasted for 30mins

All Questions were pretty much standards..why MBA, Why Rice, Leadership experience, walk me through ur resume.
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 14:04
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 11:38
My interview did NOT go well. I felt like I couldn't express myself at all. Interview was with a second year student who was just reading off a checklist. I felt like I was asked the same question 5 times with no follow up questions or organic flow in the conversation at all. Had I known what the trajectory of the interview would be, I'd have expanded a LOT more on the things I mentioned in the open ended questions. I was hopeful for an admit, but not so much after today :(. Oh well. Houston, we have a ding
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 11:59
Guys, My interview is scheduled within the next 24 hours. (Skype)
The Confirmation email says January 28th 2016, 2:00pm.
But it doesn't mention IST or CST! (I'm in India)?? :?: :?:

I should assume its Central Standard time as per their convenience, but I wanna be sure.
I have also emailed them to confirm.
Anyone experienced?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 12:09
knk90 wrote:

I should assume its Central Standard time as per their convenience, but I wanna be sure.
Anyone experienced?

Its CST. I think its mentioned somewhere on the interview calendar. But I am sure its CST.
Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 20:35
knk90 wrote:

Anyone experienced?

It's CST. It is mentioned in the invitation to interview email. All the best!
Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 10:08
So it's going to be almost a month long wait now. Or does Rice give out admit calls before the decision date?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:09
How can you get the email address of the interviewer ino rder to send a thank you note?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:13
Amogh14 wrote:
So it's going to be almost a month long wait now. Or does Rice give out admit calls before the decision date?

Rice has pretty quick turn around time relative to some other programs. Some of the schools I applied to are mid-late march decision dates. End of Feb will be here soon. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 10:16
Adz25 wrote:
My interview did NOT go well. I felt like I couldn't express myself at all. Interview was with a second year student who was just reading off a checklist. I felt like I was asked the same question 5 times with no follow up questions or organic flow in the conversation at all. Had I known what the trajectory of the interview would be, I'd have expanded a LOT more on the things I mentioned in the open ended questions. I was hopeful for an admit, but not so much after today :(. Oh well. Houston, we have a ding

I was also interviewed by a second year student who seemed sleepy and indifferent. Frankly, I don't understand why some schools would ask students to interview. They don't have professional recruting experience at all and they might have some personal prejudice
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 10:28
whoami0711 wrote:
Adz25 wrote:

I was also interviewed by a second year student who seemed sleepy and indifferent. Frankly, I don't understand why some schools would ask students to interview. They don't have professional recruting experience at all and they might have some personal prejudice

I feel that when adcoms interview, they really try to get a bigger picture of who you are as a candidate. That's why they always have several follow up questions and engage you to tell them more. In my interview for Rice, I was honestly asked the same thing 5 times. Not a single follow up question to any of my answers. It just doesnt help to round out the application like that. I also feel like a lot of it comes down to whether the interviewer clicks with the applicant which is a crapshoot.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 21:36
I have received thank you mail from Rice university after my campus interview.
Has any one received the same?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 02:30
Hi,

How many days after the interviews do we generally receive the decision?

Thanks,
Pooja
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 03:14
Adz25 wrote:
whoami0711 wrote:
Adz25 wrote:

I feel that when adcoms interview, they really try to get a bigger picture of who you are as a candidate. That's why they always have several follow up questions and engage you to tell them more. In my interview for Rice, I was honestly asked the same thing 5 times. Not a single follow up question to any of my answers. It just doesnt help to round out the application like that. I also feel like a lot of it comes down to whether the interviewer clicks with the applicant which is a crapshoot.

On the contrary, the current student who interviewed me was very attentive and engaging. She was noting details from my answers and really picked up on good points to follow up. It was a friendly conversation. She even extended the dialogue further in the part where I get to ask questions and was very helpful in outlining her own experience. I'd say its subjective and depends on who interviews you. Maybe I was lucky to have someone enthusiastic enough or you guys were not so lucky and encountered such situations.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 07:16
knk90 wrote:
On the contrary, the current student who interviewed me was very attentive and engaging. She was noting details from my answers and really picked up on good points to follow up. It was a friendly conversation. She even extended the dialogue further in the part where I get to ask questions and was very helpful in outlining her own experience. I'd say its subjective and depends on who interviews you. Maybe I was lucky to have someone enthusiastic enough or you guys were not so lucky and encountered such situations.

It definitely comes down to luck. I would easily rate this as my worst interview because I was simply unable to share positive details about myself or my work. All my interviews with adcom members were far more engaging and positive. I have a GMAT retake scheduled on the 27th of feb and am not looking forward to the Rice decision the day before :lol:
Current Student
B
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 07:52
Quote:

Hey Adz25,

You said that the same question was asked about 5 times. Can you just give us an example of this?

Thanks in advance.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 11:23
souvilibra wrote:
Quote:

Hey Adz25,

You said that the same question was asked about 5 times. Can you just give us an example of this?

Thanks in advance.

The focus was on conflict, conflict resolution, difficulties.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Merage '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 12:35
Just had my skype interview. Very friendly 2nd year student.

All standard questions: (Exactly 38 mins)
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Why MBA
3. Goals
4. Why Rice
5. Leadership experience-2 questions
6. Which other schools have you applied and why
7. If you were to get an admit from Rice and say university X how would you decide.

The interview was good but I forgot to switch off my alarm clock :( Had a few seconds interruption because of this.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 08:40
poojapoddar wrote:
Hi,

How many days after the interviews do we generally receive the decision?

Thanks,
Pooja

You will receive the decision only when its due for that round. I applied in Round 2 (Jan 4 deadline) and would expect it on 26th Feb and not before that.
Re: Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Feb 2016, 08:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  16    Next  [ 316 posts ] 

Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap