Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
PugLyfe wrote:
Just received an email "update to your application status".

Checked the portal and I am in!!!

Was expecting to hear from them on the 26th. Anyone else get an email tonight??

No scholarship information on the portal, so I am wondering if that might go out in a separate email.

Edit:

There also isn't information regarding a deposit due date. It says "your deposit due date is" and its left blank. Pls update if anyone else receives admits tonight. Good luck everyone

Edit #2: While its not on the admission letter, the deposit deadline is listed on the admitted students page. It is April 1st.

I got the exact same thing...no scholarship info in the letter and no deposit due date either.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice(Jones) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
thechosencheif wrote:

I got the exact same thing...no scholarship info in the letter and no deposit due date either.

Congrats on the admit! Hopefully we hear soon regarding any scholarship awards. I was just reading the forum posts from December and it seems people received scholarship offers in their admission letters. Hopefully they are doing things differently this round.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:
thechosencheif wrote:

Congrats on the admit! Hopefully we hear soon regarding any scholarship awards. I was just reading the forum posts from December and it seems people received scholarship offers in their admission letters. Hopefully they are doing things differently this round.

Congrats! Mine still says submitted. Hopefully they haven't sent out all of the admitts,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:
thechosencheif wrote:

Did they call you or just send the email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I only received an email saying there is an update to my application status. No phone call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:
thechosencheif wrote:

Congrats to you as well. I also saw people got calls last year to let them know about $$$ so maybe Friday on the decision date they will make the rounds. Crossing my fingers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I submitted my application at the midnight of 21Jan. I can see my application status "Submitted" in the portal; however, I have not received any thank-you email or something like that to confirm my application status. It is quite strange compared to other B-schools I applied before. I am writing to ask for your experiences in application process. Thank you very much!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Didn't know they have already started sending out admit emails. Did they do the same in round 1 as well? What does this mean for those who haven't heard anything yet? Ding/waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So I just received my admit phone call.

For anybody wondering, I was told that scholarship or merit awards would be mentioned in the admit letter you get online. I'm kind of surprised I didn't receive anything as I've heard Rice is extremely generous. For full price, I don't think I will be attending as I have better offers elsewhere.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:

For anybody wondering, I was told that scholarship or merit awards would be mentioned in the admit letter you get online. I'm kind of surprised I didn't receive anything as I've heard Rice is extremely generous. For full price, I don't think I will be attending as I have better offers elsewhere.

No bro.. dont conclude by yourself.. just one more time call them up and confirm.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Admit call received today! Jones is also giving me $75,000 in scholarship. Pretty ecstatic when I got the call since I figured it was coming on Friday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the call! I'm in with $$! Good luck to everyone. They are probably going to be making the calls over the next few days.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
siva101424 wrote:
PugLyfe wrote:

No bro.. dont conclude by yourself.. just one more time call them up and confirm.

I didn't conclude by myself. I asked during the admit call if scholarship info would be given in a separate letter and was told that the offer of admission received online is the same as the official one we get in the mail. So I didn't receive any scholarship offer. I will try to negotiate, but I'm not optimistic. People with similar profiles to mine are getting 40-75k in scholarship, and unless I get something closer to that, I dont see myself going. Good luck to you!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey PugLyfe, do you mind sharing your profile (background and WE) with us?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
greenzie wrote:
Hey PugLyfe, do you mind sharing your profile (background and WE) with us?

White US applicant, 29 at matriculation, 3.2gpa, econ major, 690gmat (only took once, but will retake before school starts for consulting recruiting). W/E 18months in derivatives, 4 yrs in small niche business.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
samkhat77 dpatt - do you guys mind sharing your profiles? I am really curious to know why I got no scholarship offer as I thought I was reasonably competitive. I plan on negotiating as I am interested in the program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:
samkhat77 dpatt - do you guys mind sharing your profiles? I am really curious to know why I got no scholarship offer as I thought I was reasonably competitive. I plan on negotiating as I am interested in the program.

I have worked at a large financial advisory firm for the last 2 years in the U.S. I plan to go into Ibanking after my MBA.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts