GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 23:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 23:13
Thanks for the quick reply. I can get as far as you described, after I click "application status" there is no button for "view decision." Hmm.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 23:15
You might want to email the admissions office then. On my page it appears right under the header "Academic Program" and "Business Administration MBA".
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 23:18
I'll email them then. Many thanks.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 00:31
Looking for some advice:

Have admits from Ross and Indian School of Business (ISB). My long term goals are centered around Entrepreneurship in India. However, I'm open to working a few years in the US. How do the programs compare ?

Would really appreciate some inputs. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 12:13
Can anyone help with info on accessing financial aid that doesnt require a cosigner for international students? any pointers please ??

thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 21:11
Prodigy Finance is the best bet. They offer loans to Ross students too https://prodigyfinance.com/michigan-ross/loan
I'll being sending them an enquiry to them later today. If I receive anything interesting, then will share it here.

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 23:43
neo656 wrote:
Prodigy Finance is the best bet. They offer loans to Ross students too https://prodigyfinance.com/michigan-ross/loan
I'll being sending them an enquiry to them later today. I've receive anything interesting, then will share it here.

Thanks. I started checking them out yesterday
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 00:08
When I am trying to view the admission decision, under New and Prospective Students section, it keeps showing "System is Unavailable"
Any ideas on this particular issue?
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 03:38
Hi,
I was aspiring to pursue MBA degree in US, but now have to drop my plans due to some financial and personal reasons.

I had enrolled with Stratus Prep( Check their website and GMATClub and BeatTheGmat forums for their awesome reviews) for their 4 school comprehensive MBA consulting package(end-to-end) which also includes HBS consulting (for this they charge $250) extra. This package is for $ 7750.

As per my discussions with SP, they are ready to transfer my credit to another student. If you are aspiring to apply next year and are interested in engaging SPs consulting services, kindly PM me. I am planning to offer you my package with them at an attractive discount.

Also PM me for any other details you may need.

Thanks.
VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 14:47
Sorry for those dinged and waitlisted candidates, however those waitlisted have a chance to get in
Please join the group calling-all-waitlisted-ross-applicants-intake-2015-class-of-190394-20.html

Audaces fortuna juvat!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 23:36
adkoradia wrote:
When I am trying to view the admission decision, under New and Prospective Students section, it keeps showing "System is Unavailable"
Any ideas on this particular issue?

Unable to help. Just musing, why don't people just email tech support right away instead of posting on a public forum where everyone else is as clueless?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 21:44
sulmona wrote:
tbor wrote:
Surprised I got dinged but had an off campus interview + no extra signs of interest = So it goes!

I think this is underrated advice actually. From my results so far, the schools I went the extra mile with such as visiting pre-interview, visiting during interview, mentioning alums/current students in my apps, etc are the ones I have gotten accepted to or at least received interviews from.

sulmona: are you going to GBR & BDW at the same weekend?
Director
Director
The Michigan Ross ‘Admissions Formula’ [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:37
The admissions team at Michigan Ross School of Business is about a week away from making their admit calls to Round 2 applicants in the U.S. and internationally, and all decisions will be posted by Friday, March 13th.

If there’s one question every applicant wishes he or she could know the answer to, it’s “What are my chances of admission?” With that in mind, MBA Admissions Director Soojin Kwon liststhe qualities they are looking for in applicants, and has posted a video explaining the complicated formula that is used to make those tough decisions at Michigan Ross.

As you’ll discover in the video, there are some factors you control, some factors controlled by the admissions team, and yet other factors no one can control or predict since they fluctuate each year according to the current applicant pool.

If you’re on the fence about applying in the final round, you might feel better knowing Michigan Ross saves space in the class for Round 3. “One of the things we see year after year is that we get some really strong candidates in Round 3,” Kwon writes, noting, “We’ve found it to be candidates who may have decided later in the game that they want to pursue an MBA.”

When you decided is less important than why you want to and how you’ll contribute the Ross community, the director explains. So if you’re submitting your application on March 23rd, be sure to answer those questions fully and use the optional essay space if you need to in order to explain your reason for applying later in the cycle.

Best of luck to those awaiting a decision on your application next week!
You may also be interested in:
Improving Your MBA Candidacy

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:40
except - you are almost a week late :|
BlogBot wrote:
The admissions team at Michigan Ross School of Business is about a week away from making their admit calls to Round 2 applicants in the U.S. and internationally, and all decisions will be posted by Friday, March 13th.

If there’s one question every applicant wishes he or she could know the answer to, it’s “What are my chances of admission?” With that in mind, MBA Admissions Director Soojin Kwon liststhe qualities they are looking for in applicants, and has posted a video explaining the complicated formula that is used to make those tough decisions at Michigan Ross.

As you’ll discover in the video, there are some factors you control, some factors controlled by the admissions team, and yet other factors no one can control or predict since they fluctuate each year according to the current applicant pool.

If you’re on the fence about applying in the final round, you might feel better knowing Michigan Ross saves space in the class for Round 3. “One of the things we see year after year is that we get some really strong candidates in Round 3,” Kwon writes, noting, “We’ve found it to be candidates who may have decided later in the game that they want to pursue an MBA.”

When you decided is less important than why you want to and how you’ll contribute the Ross community, the director explains. So if you’re submitting your application on March 23rd, be sure to answer those questions fully and use the optional essay space if you need to in order to explain your reason for applying later in the cycle.

Best of luck to those awaiting a decision on your application next week!
You may also be interested in:
Improving Your MBA Candidacy

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:42
angelfire213 wrote:

you are talking to non-human, a gmatclub bot. :-D

Audaces fortuna juvat!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:55
lol - i know that.

just venting coz the notification made me log on,,,and not only was it a bot - it was also dated information :x
PTK wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:

you are talking to non-human, a gmatclub bot. :-D
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 07:24
anyone receive the admissions packet in mail yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 07:30
sulmona wrote:
anyone receive the admissions packet in mail yet?

Was wondering the same thing, I haven't either.
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross '15 (M)

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 12:03
Big congratulations to all those admitted and hope to see you all at GBR.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2015, 21:53
Anyone know when the exact deadline is for round 3? It says March 23rd, but unlike most other schools, there isn't an exact time, like 5 pm central time or something.
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2015, 21:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap