Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
mayankzhi wrote:
shayan wrote:
Accepted! Thrilled about this prospect. Looking forward to answering any questions you guys may have.

Congrats Shayan and CMAC5. I have an admit too. I am excited to find prospective batch mates here.

Congrats Shayan, CMAC5 and mayankzhi. Did anyone get scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
usernamed wrote:
Congrats to those who got accepted! Anyone got scholarships? Also, would you mind sharing how you are planning the funding for Rotman? Canadian banks are not offering non-cosignor loans for internationals this year, so curious to know how everyone is doing on the funding aspect.

Last year some people used prodigy finance. I think the best source of information on options available would be the admissions officers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
aderayo2002 wrote:
usernamed wrote:
Congrats to those who got accepted! Anyone got scholarships? Also, would you mind sharing how you are planning the funding for Rotman? Canadian banks are not offering non-cosignor loans for internationals this year, so curious to know how everyone is doing on the funding aspect.

Last year some people used prodigy finance. I think the best source of information on options available would be the admissions officers.

Yeah, I did speak with people from Rotman about that and apparently, Prodigy and SBLC-backed loans are the only options available for internationals. But prodigy is infamous for funding only a part of the total costs and SBLC requires 100% collateral. So I'm curious to know about the on-the-ground realities, whether arranging almost the entire cost of attendance through loans is a feasible option.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AdmitJA wrote:
Congrats guys!

I have my Skype interview in a few days. Can you help me with these queries?

1) What were the questions asked?
2) How many days after the interview did you get your results?
3) How was the interview experience different from other typical B school interviews?
4) Any other tips

Congrats mayankzhi and CMAC5. I visited the campus this summer, and loved the facilities.

As for the interview, I would suggest you get comfortable with candidly discussing your work background and answering behavioral questions. I got my decision about 2 weeks after the interview. The admissions staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. Best advice I can give is to "just be yourself" as that's when you're at your best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
usernamed wrote:

Thank you for initiating this discussion usernamed. I was unaware of this update.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all, please how soon after your transcript was delivered was your profile updated?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
Hi all, please how soon after your transcript was delivered was your profile updated?

Thanks for bringing this up.

Same query here.

Mine reached them on 21st October and it still shows as pending. I got my interview invite before that and hence didn't bother much.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SJ18 wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
Congrats guys!

3) How was the interview experience different from other typical B school interviews?
4) Any other tips

Congrats mayankzhi and CMAC5. I visited the campus this summer, and loved the facilities.

As for the interview, I would suggest you get comfortable with candidly discussing your work background and answering behavioral questions. I got my decision about 2 weeks after the interview. The admissions staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. Best advice I can give is to "just be yourself" as that's when you're at your best.

Thanks SJ18. Within how many days from the result are you to pay your deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AdmitJA wrote:
SJ18 wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
Congrats guys!

4) Any other tips

Thanks SJ18. Within how many days from the result are you to pay your deposit.

30 Days
Manager
Manager
Send PM
30 Days[/quote]

wow, that's fast. Any luck with financing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am a typical Indian male IT candidate with 4 years of experience along with an international experience of 6 months (current role)
My GMAT is 650 V34 Q47.

I somehow feel my application may not be considered as most of the Indian IT candidates have a greater GMAT.

But I feel below are the positive aspects of my application.

I have been working as a free lance marketing analyst for 7 years and free lance aptitude trainer for 4 years
Would be able to produce good recommendation from my international client
I have received many professional awards in my organization and effectively participated in Learning and Development Events
Good Extra Curricular activity - Won 1st Prize in 1500m and 5000m Meters in College Annual Sports Meet , Participated in school ball badminton team and won District Level Tournaments
I have held the positions such as Placement coordinator, Chairman of Energy Audit Club and Chairman of Departmental Technical Association in college.
My Academics are good with 92% in both higher secondary and SSLC. I got 78.2% with First Class Distinction in B.E
I am a Six Sigma Greenbelt and an ITIL Certified associate. I did a process improvement for one of my clients which resulted in a savings of 84000 Euros.
I implemented a SMS based remote irrigation system in my village.
I also developed a HTML based Online Test Tool to conduct pre placement test when I was placement coordinator in college.
Elected as Chairman of College Student Committee

My Career goal is to start a Indian Retail Food Chain. I choose to do MBA in marketing.

Could anyone of you comment on my chances of getting admitted to Rotman. Already submitted application. One point I want to mention it here is that I feel that I didn't did video interview well. I not at all felt comfortable with recording myself. Will it make any impact my admission. I have one more query as well. Is it necessary to send the official transcripts to Rotman before I got admitted? In the online portal it is shown as required.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VijayanSenthil wrote:
I am a typical Indian male IT candidate with 4 years of experience along with an international experience of 6 months (current role)
My GMAT is 650 V34 Q47.

I somehow feel my application may not be considered as most of the Indian IT candidates have a greater GMAT.

I have been working as a free lance marketing analyst for 7 years and free lance aptitude trainer for 4 years
I have received many professional awards in my organization and effectively participated in Learning and Development Events
Good Extra Curricular activity - Won 1st Prize in 1500m and 5000m Meters in College Annual Sports Meet , Participated in school ball badminton team and won District Level Tournaments
I have held the positions such as Placement coordinator, Chairman of Energy Audit Club and Chairman of Departmental Technical Association in college.
My Academics are good with 92% in both higher secondary and SSLC. I got 78.2% with First Class Distinction in B.E
I am a Six Sigma Greenbelt and an ITIL Certified associate. I did a process improvement for one of my clients which resulted in a savings of 84000 Euros.
I also developed a HTML based Online Test Tool to conduct pre placement test when I was placement coordinator in college.

My Career goal is to start a Indian Retail Food Chain. I choose to do MBA in marketing.

Could anyone of you comment on my chances of getting admitted to Rotman. Already submitted application. One point I want to mention it here is that I feel that I didn't did video interview well. I not at all felt comfortable with recording myself. Will it make any impact my admission. I have one more query as well. Is it necessary to send the official transcripts to Rotman before I got admitted? In the online portal it is shown as required.

Hi VijayanSenthil, your profile looks excellent, and I do not think 650 will bring down your chances. Your profile looks strong enough to me. Some of the extra-curriculars that you've got are not what every other Indian IT male would have. In my opinion, it all depends on how your essays are, and how your interview goes. So good luck, and all the very best.
As for the transcripts, you can send it before the deadline, even after you get admitted. I don't think any school is going to be very stringent on that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VijayanSenthil wrote:
My GMAT is 650 V34 Q47.

Which other schools have you applied to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank You Vijay !!!

I am planning to apply for Kelly, Fisher , Broad and Smeal.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
AdmitJA wrote:
aderayo2002 wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up.

Same query here.

Mine reached them on 21st October and it still shows as pending. I got my interview invite before that and hence didn't bother much.

Update: I got an email today from Lynda Paterson from the Admissions Office that all my documents were received and that my application is complete. The status has changed in my log in page as well.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
mayankzhi wrote:
shayan wrote:
Accepted! Thrilled about this prospect. Looking forward to answering any questions you guys may have.

Congrats Shayan and CMAC5. I have an admit too. I am excited to find prospective batch mates here.

Hey I have an admit too. yeah itll be lovely to connect.
What was the time gap between your application and the confirmation?
Good job though and congratulations to all the folks who got accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM