GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Mendoza '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 23:27
AdmitJA
Thanks for your sharing these links.

Have you completed the timed written response yet? I'm quite interested to learn more about that. Can I use my pen and paper to jot down my ideas before I compose my response? In the video essay, we are provided 45 sec to think. Is it possible to write down the main points before I start recording my responses?

Cheers!

Cheers!!
-PS88

If you like my post, give me a kudos!

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 23:43
prosenjitsaha88 wrote:
AdmitJA
Thanks for your sharing these links.

Have you completed the timed written response yet? I'm quite interested to learn more about that. Can I use my pen and paper to jot down my ideas before I compose my response?

I haven not taken it yet. I understand that it is the last component of the video essay part. 2 video questions and 1 email.

Yes you can jot down your thoughts anywhere. You are not recorded during the 10 minutes and with what I understand from the links I shared, 10 minutes is more than enough to think, jot note, write an email and proof read.

prosenjitsaha88 wrote:
In the video essay, we are provided 45 sec to think. Is it possible to write down the main points before I start recording my responses?

Cheers!

Yes! Based on the link shared and the instructions on Kira Talent, you are not recorded then but can still see your video preview!

Good Luck!

People who have already gone through the process, please share your views!

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 23:45
souvilibra wrote:
HI All,
This is regarding Official University Transcript 1*, which says- Please arrange for official transcripts from your attended University to be sent to Rotman. Submission status will change to 'Received' once they have arrived at Rotman.

Is this to be done at the time of application submissions? Will a xerox of transcript with stamp+signature of registrar do the job?

Thanks for bringing this up! Any views anyone?

I will send mine to be cautious.

Cheers!!

JA

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Mendoza '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 02:25
AdmitJA
Hi Amit,

Few days back, I mailed Rotman adcom to get clarification on the same topic.

Please find their responses below:

"
1. As long as you have submitted unofficial transcripts, we can begin the review process while we wait for the official ones to arrive.
2. The transcripts should be sent as hardcopies. They must be in a sealed envelope from the University and it would be best if they could send them directly to our office. If that is not possible, then you can mail them to us but, as mentioned before, they must be in a signed and sealed envelope.
"

Thanks,
PS

Cheers!!
-PS88

If you like my post, give me a kudos!

Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 03:47
AdmitJA wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
HI All,
This is regarding Official University Transcript 1*, which says- Please arrange for official transcripts from your attended University to be sent to Rotman. Submission status will change to 'Received' once they have arrived at Rotman.

Is this to be done at the time of application submissions? Will a xerox of transcript with stamp+signature of registrar do the job?

Thanks for bringing this up! Any views anyone?

I will send mine to be cautious.

Hi AdmitJA,

A scanned copy is fine at the time of application. That is sufficient based on my experience for processing the application. I did a similar thing.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 03:56
Video essay and written response:

Video essay:

The questions did not require prior preparation, although I would advice recording your own responses before and having lots of test sessions. Questions in my experience were based on personality and general in nature.

Written response:

10 minutes imo seemed sufficient to construct a response mentally and then put it down and check it for any typos.
Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 20:00
Hi All - Current students and applicants who have already applied.

I have a question regarding the application. ROTMAN allows just one tiny little GOALS essay with a 250-word limit. But the blogs and forums and even the website on the financial assistance section says that ROTMAN looks for holistic profile of an individual. I have a few questions here:

1. Application: I am worried if I am missing any part of the application. I can surely find only one essay question, the reflection question apart. Please let me know if I am missing anything :| :?

2. Scholarships: Is there any specific application or essays to be submitted for scholarships? I understand there are 2 types of scholarships - one that require an application and one that don't. Of course there is an internal scholarship as well. For the scholarship that needs an application, where can I find the application please :?:

3. Essays: Is there any essay to showcase flavours of profile other than just GOALS? I have extensive community involvement and other initiatives which I most certainly cannot fit into one essay of 250-words which is primarily GOALS based :? :problem: . Any suggestions for this please?

4. Video Essay: I understand that the two questions to expect in the video essay are of the following types: i. Values ii. Experiential. I would like the best way to approach such questions. I also heard Niki saying in her discussion with Lynda that candidates who actually wear a coat, or make similar efforts make a good impression. Any suggestions on how to be dressed for the interview?

5. Impact/Effect of GMAT after admission decision: I know that GMAT is an important component for admission, but how much of a factor is the GMAT after admission, and right up to recruitment? I have read on this thread that people with low GMAT and who do not manage at least a 3.8 GPA in the 1st year will almost certainly NOT find an internship. I have a GMAT of 640, and I have a very plain and boring IT background. And the icing on the cake is I am from the South Asian Region, the most crowded and competitive pool when it comes to admission. Does all of the above factors mean I CANNOT / SHOULD NOT dream of landing a Financial / Consulting role? Will I struggle to find internships and/or jobs post-MBA with my profile and GMAT?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 22:45
jeetparicha85 wrote:
Hi All - Current students and applicants who have already applied.

I have a question regarding the application. ROTMAN allows just one tiny little GOALS essay with a 250-word limit. But the blogs and forums and even the website on the financial assistance section says that ROTMAN looks for holistic profile of an individual. I have a few questions here:

1. Application: I am worried if I am missing any part of the application. I can surely find only one essay question, the reflection question apart. Please let me know if I am missing anything :| :?

2. Scholarships: Is there any specific application or essays to be submitted for scholarships? I understand there are 2 types of scholarships - one that require an application and one that don't. Of course there is an internal scholarship as well. For the scholarship that needs an application, where can I find the application please :?:

3. Essays: Is there any essay to showcase flavours of profile other than just GOALS? I have extensive community involvement and other initiatives which I most certainly cannot fit into one essay of 250-words which is primarily GOALS based :? :problem: . Any suggestions for this please?

4. Video Essay: I understand that the two questions to expect in the video essay are of the following types: i. Values ii. Experiential. I would like the best way to approach such questions. I also heard Niki saying in her discussion with Lynda that candidates who actually wear a coat, or make similar efforts make a good impression. Any suggestions on how to be dressed for the interview?

5. Impact/Effect of GMAT after admission decision: I know that GMAT is an important component for admission, but how much of a factor is the GMAT after admission, and right up to recruitment? I have read on this thread that people with low GMAT and who do not manage at least a 3.8 GPA in the 1st year will almost certainly NOT find an internship. I have a GMAT of 640, and I have a very plain and boring IT background. And the icing on the cake is I am from the South Asian Region, the most crowded and competitive pool when it comes to admission. Does all of the above factors mean I CANNOT / SHOULD NOT dream of landing a Financial / Consulting role? Will I struggle to find internships and/or jobs post-MBA with my profile and GMAT?

Hi Jeetparicha85,

1: u aren't missing any part. I had a similar concern and I have confirmed this with the Admissions team, there is only 1 essay
2: based on my research, Rotman does not require a separate application for Scholarship. But if you are looking for the Onorio state scholarship then there is a separate application for that.
3: Unfortunately there is only 1 Essay. I would suggest cramming as much as possible under that and including a good part of your work in your Resume
4: Dressing: Business Formals (Suit), You are right the first question is more about values, I would suggest prior preparation in the form of listing down all possible questions that you come across on MBA interviews (Why MBA, Why Rotman etc) and preparing the answers for them. The second is abstract and hence I don't really think there is a prior preparation angle to that. It just requires being calm and composed during the interview
5: Based on my discussions, GMAT scores do play a role in assessing candidates for some really sought after roles like IB and PE but then if you are a good candidate on the program and you have a good reach then getting an internship shouldn't really be as difficult as you imagine.

Hope this helps
Current Student
Concentration: Economics, Finance

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 12:06
Recently got 690 in GMAT. 4.5 years of work ex in financial domain. If I submit my application by 1st or 2nd November, how many approx days will I get to prepare for the interview?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:18
Has anyone sent their application yet? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back toyou regarding an interview?
Thanks!
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 11:29
psd243 wrote:
Has anyone sent their application yet? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back toyou regarding an interview?
Thanks!

Once you submit the complete application with all the components, it takes them a maximum of 2 weeks to get back to you I think.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 07:32
A question to those who have submitted their applications:

I do not see a link in the application to preview my application form as a PDF or a web page. If I hit the submit button, would I be able to access such a link or would the form get automatically submitted?

Thank you!

Cheers!!

JA

Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: PMI
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 07:38
AdmitJA wrote:

I do not see a link in the application to preview my application form as a PDF or a web page. If I hit the submit button, would I be able to access such a link or would the form get automatically submitted?

Thank you!

I just submitted the app today. Once you submit the application, it takes you to the payment page, and then to the screen confirming completion of application! I was a little surprised that I did not get a confirmation email regarding application submission too, unlike what happens with most other schools. Not really seen the pdf version prominently, so can't say!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 07:43
shyamnambiar wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:

Thank you!

I just submitted the app today. Once you submit the application, it takes you to the payment page, and then to the screen confirming completion of application! I was a little surprised that I did not get a confirmation email regarding application submission too, unlike what happens with most other schools. Not really seen the pdf version prominently, so can't say!

Thanks Shyam! I will be careful!

Rotman doesn't send email confirmations once recommendations have been submitted as well.

Good Luck!

Cheers!!

JA

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 11:49
I also did not get a confirmation email, I'm guessing that's normal! Nonetheless nerve wrecking!! Let's keep each other updated on interview invitations! Good luck to everyone!!
Current Student
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 12:25
Is it true that I will be able to take video essay after I submit the application? I have heard that a unique link will be provided within 2 days after the application is submitted.

If I submit my application on 18th and the link is provided on 20th, will it be considered in Round 1 application?

Please help!!!!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:46
psd243 wrote:
I also did not get a confirmation email, I'm guessing that's normal! Nonetheless nerve wrecking!! Let's keep each other updated on interview invitations! Good luck to everyone!!

I have contacted Leigh Gauthier at Adcom (been in touch with her), who confirmed that the app shows as "in". So not getting a confirmation mail is not a worry.
However I recommend you mail a screen shot of the confirmation page (if saved!) or the payment confirmation mail to the AdCom rep you know, and intimate, just to be sure! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:57
dseian88 wrote:
Is it true that I will be able to take video essay after I submit the application? I have heard that a unique link will be provided within 2 days after the application is submitted.

If I submit my application on 18th and the link is provided on 20th, will it be considered in Round 1 application?

Please help!!!!

You cannot submit the app without completing the video questions. You need to click yes in the completion field and append the url. I was worried about the url, because after the video thingy, it goes to a url ending in 'checkout'. But then in 5 minutes, an email comes in with the url to be pasted.
Don't bother too much about the video. If you have done your standard queries honestly, you will find it eaaasy! ! :) Just practice the dummy questions a couple of times for expressions, distance etc. Don't look at the screen to see yourself (you look smart as ever!) but at the cam. If you are extremely nervous, type out Std queries on these blogs and your answers and practice compressing into 90 sec. You can jot down in the 30 second practice slot if you ate fast, but better to use that to compose your thoughts mentally, check your expression etc. STOP everything 3 seconds in advance and look at the screen, with a smile, to avoid eating into speak time. And yes there is a ticker for last 3 seconds and an increasing bar showing time left (like IE bottom display). Wheww, the amateur expert has finished at last!! Hope it helped!
Use the practice sessions, it is the real feel.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 08:53
Hi All,

I clicked on final video interview link by mistake and did not realize until everything was complete :( :( . I was shocked to find a confirmation email, but finally had to admit that I made a terrible mistake. I am also 100 percent sure that I'll be evaluated on basis of under cooked video response and almost nothing for the written essay, as I was busy noting the question for practice.
I have dropped a mail to adcom, but not really hopeful. I do not wish to withdraw my application as I have worked hard for it. But that is the only solution that I can think of.
Is there a way around for this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Souvilibra
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 09:01
That's quite a terrible mix up. You could look at interacting with the adcom and asking for a chance highlighting that the R1 is still 2 days ahead. If they don't oblige, your only option may be to not submit the final application post payment, or, going with it and keeping your fingers crossed! Good luck!
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 17 Oct 2015, 09:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25    Next  [ 486 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap