It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 345 [0], given: 413

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 09:20
souvilibra wrote:
Hi All,

I clicked on final video interview link by mistake and did not realize until everything was complete :( :( . I was shocked to find a confirmation email, but finally had to admit that I made a terrible mistake. I am also 100 percent sure that I'll be evaluated on basis of under cooked video response and almost nothing for the written essay, as I was busy noting the question for practice.
I have dropped a mail to adcom, but not really hopeful. I do not wish to withdraw my application as I have worked hard for it. But that is the only solution that I can think of.
Is there a way around for this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Souvilibra

souvilibra, how about creating and submitted an application from a different email id. If your recommenders have already recommended you they will have to redo their work!

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 09:29
AdmitJA wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
Hi All,

I clicked on final video interview link by mistake and did not realize until everything was complete :( :( . I was shocked to find a confirmation email, but finally had to admit that I made a terrible mistake. I am also 100 percent sure that I'll be evaluated on basis of under cooked video response and almost nothing for the written essay, as I was busy noting the question for practice.
I have dropped a mail to adcom, but not really hopeful. I do not wish to withdraw my application as I have worked hard for it. But that is the only solution that I can think of.

Thanks,
Souvilibra

souvilibra, how about creating and submitted an application from a different email id. If your recommenders have already recommended you they will have to redo their work!

Yes they have, all things, except interview was complete. I have dropped a mail to adcom. I thought of creating a new profile, but decided against it and dropped a mail to them. I think now if redo all this, it will put me wrong light, wont it?
Can I still go ahead and create a new profile from scratch?

Thanks,
Souvilibra

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Current Student
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2015, 10:42
souvilibra wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Souvilibra

Yes they have, all things, except interview was complete. I have dropped a mail to adcom. I thought of creating a new profile, but decided against it and dropped a mail to them. I think now if redo all this, it will put me wrong light, wont it?
Can I still go ahead and create a new profile from scratch?

Thanks,
Souvilibra

Unlike other schools since Rotman has a surprise video essay round, it could like bad light. If the adcom doesn't respond, then I don't see a better alternative.

Good Luck. Do keep us updated.

Cheers!!

JA

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 18:12
Hey All,

My application and interview was all finished in round 1. I can say that the video interview seemed a little awkward but the prep time before the question is key. Focus on 3 main points you want to hit in your answer, articulate your thoughts and be yourself. I was told I will get an answer next week. Fingers crossed

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 03:56
CMAC5 wrote:
Hey All,

My application and interview was all finished in round 1. I can say that the video interview seemed a little awkward but the prep time before the question is key. Focus on 3 main points you want to hit in your answer, articulate your thoughts and be yourself. I was told I will get an answer next week. Fingers crossed

Hi CMAC5,

What was your time line like? I submitted my application mid September and I haven't heard from them as yet. I have written to the Adcom and have been informed that they have still not looked at my application. I am starting to worry now.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 07:32
I submitted on October 3rd and went for the interview the week after. There are a couple things to keep in mind when waiting.

1) If you submitted on or close to the deadline, a lot of applications get plopped on the admissions desk so it may take some more time

2) For local students it is easier to head to campus for an interview at anytime

Be patient and I am sure the process will be done as quickly as possible :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 14:18
I was just invited to interview!
For those who have done the interview, any tips, pointers? anything helps!
thanks guys!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 05:49
Hey!!

Request your help with Profile evaluation for 2016-18 class Rotman Full time MBA. Key details are outlined below :

I am a Civil/Structural engineer with 4 years of Work ex in Project management field in a Real Estate Company in Gurgaon. Been here at the company from the very start of the project and worked my way through all the aspects of work.

Undergrad - CGPA 8.23/10 (NIT Jalandhar)

Also completed my CFA Level 1 this June.

Extra Curriculars- Been involved in ample number of societies in college and conducted the fest as a Treasurer for Cultural fest, been involved with Art of Living from quite a long period of time.

GMAT - 670 ( Q49/V32, IR 7 AWA 6)

I am looking forward to a career in Financial domain.

What do you guys think?

Should I Retake the GMAT? Please Advice at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Current Student
B

Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 22:16
Got an interview invite 12 hours ago. :-)

Indian male. Applied on October 15th.

People who attended the interview, can you share your experience...

PS: A reaffirmation on what someone earlier shared in this thread. My official transcript still hasn't been received by Rotman, but still I got a call. Hence you can breathe a little more deeply if you are concerned about your transcript not reaching the school.

Cheers!!

JA

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Rotman '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE: Other (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 00:03
AdmitJA wrote:
Got an interview invite 12 hours ago. :-)

Indian male. Applied on October 15th.

People who attended the interview, can you share your experience...

PS: A reaffirmation on what someone earlier shared in this thread. My official transcript still hasn't been received by Rotman, but still I got a call. Hence you can breathe a little more deeply if you are concerned about your transcript not reaching the school.

Congrats. Hoping to apply by round 2. How was the written part of the video essay? Having some trouble with the format of my goals essay, any suggestions? About the interview, I would suggest you read up last year's thread. There is useful information there about what to expect from the interview. All the best.

http://www.mummymba.blogspot.com.ng/

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 09:03
CMAC5 wrote:
Hey All,

Hi CMAC5, did you hear back from Rotman yet?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 216

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 09:19
Anybody with a GMAT score of 650 and has been invited to the interview ?

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 216

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 09:29
Me! But I wouldn't rely simply on your GMAT score!

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 11:23
I hate the video essays. :/ I sound horrible in videos. :'(

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 15:59
usernamed wrote:
CMAC5 wrote:
Hey All,

Yes I have been admitted to the Class of 2018! Good luck to everyone in the process.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 16:09
Congratulations!
Could you share your experience interviewing? I have mine next week!
thank you

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 16:13
psd243 wrote:
Congratulations!
thank you

Be yourself, be sincere and know your narrative.

Current Student

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Rotman '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE: Other (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 11:59
CMAC5 wrote:
psd243 wrote:
Congratulations!
thank you

Be yourself, be sincere and know your narrative.

Congrats. I see you have also been admitted to Schulich. Have you decided on which you're attending?

http://www.mummymba.blogspot.com.ng/

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 09:44
CMAC5 wrote:
usernamed wrote:
CMAC5 wrote:
Hey All,

Yes I have been admitted to the Class of 2018! Good luck to everyone in the process.

Congrats!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 10:48
This post received
KUDOS
Accepted! Thrilled about this prospect. Looking forward to answering any questions you guys may have.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2015, 10:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25    Next  [ 486 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap