Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
goodiecallapk wrote:
I have intention of applying this year.

No idea what will happen. My GMAT score is low.

~~~appnaz com~~~

Hi goodiecallapk,
You should try and have a GMAT score as close as possible to the school average.
It is not the only factor on which admissions happen, a stellar profile with a slightly below average
GMAT score is sometimes good enough to get you into a school of your choice.

That being said, try and retake the GMAT(since we have around 2 months to the R1 deadline)
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Note: For profile evaluations, we have created separate threads, which you can use to get your profile
assessed by admission consultants.

Try not to use this thread for profile evaluation requests!

Links to Profile Evaluation thread(s):
https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-class ... 43259.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Hi All,

Regarding the eligibility, I checked via https://portal.sgs.utoronto.ca/current/a ... gequiv.asp from Rotman site.

It says the following is the criteria of MBA for Indian nationalities: Bachelor's Degree Equivalent: Completion of BOTH a Bachelor`s (three-year) degree and a Master`s OR A Bachelor`s degree requiring four years of study (e.g. BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BTech, BEng, or BArch)

However, I have a 3 year Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications from a reputed university of the India. Does this mean i am not eligible to apply for Rotman MBA? Can anyone share any insight on this?

Regards,
Santanu
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
The chat is underway right now. Kindly join to make the most of it

Sunday,August 20: Live Q&A with Rotman Admits Class of 2019

CHAT ROOM 2: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Class of 2019 new admits to Rotman, at 9:30 PM IST (4:00 PM GMT) on Sunday, August 20th 2017. We hope all of you will attend this chat. I hope you utilize this opportunity to ask your questions about the school, application process and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

August 20, 2017 | Sunday | 9:30 PM IST (4:00 PM GMT) to 10:30 PM IST (5:00 PM GMT)

Place:

Chat Room2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.9
Send PM

!
Post Removed.

Note: This thread is not for profile evaluations. Use this topic for profile specific queries.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html

Originally posted by Rammyreddy782 on 20 Aug 2017, 23:43.
Last edited by Narenn on 21 Aug 2017, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Hi,

I plan on using my CFA results to waive the GMAT requirement for Rotman, and I was wondering if anybody else plans to do the same, or know anyone who have done so. I was looking to get a sense on how the adcom view the GMAT vs. CFA, and does candidates with CFA usually get an interview invitation.

Thanks
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Hi apandey123,

There is no easy way to answer this.
You would have to try and find someone(who actually used the CFA to waive the GMAT
requirement) and find answers to your questions. IMO, that is the only way you will get a be able
to get a clear picture as to how does the CFA compares with the GMAT(to get you that interview call)

You could try and contact the ad com and check if they could connect you to a current student
with a similar story as yours(who used the CFA to waive the GMAT requirement)

Please find the link which lists the student ambassadors : https://www-2.rotman.utoronto.ca/mbaambassadors/

Hope you find the information that you are looking for!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
I have a query regarding the Minimum Admission Requirements. In the website, it is mentioned that for Indian candidates, a minimum GPA of 7.5/10 from Indian Institutes of Technology or 8.0/10 from other institutions is needed. Does it make sense to apply with a GPA of less than 3.0 on a scale of 4?

Hey vivek6199 - even my GPA is slightly below 3. Are you planning to apply? Is it worth applying?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mgcon wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
I have a query regarding the Minimum Admission Requirements. In the website, it is mentioned that for Indian candidates, a minimum GPA of 7.5/10 from Indian Institutes of Technology or 8.0/10 from other institutions is needed. Does it make sense to apply with a GPA of less than 3.0 on a scale of 4?

Hey vivek6199 - even my GPA is slightly below 3. Are you planning to apply? Is it worth applying?

I am waiting for my GMAT score, if I score well above the school's average GMAT, I might apply. What are your thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Pre-MBA courses just ended! I finally found the time to write the summary tonight. https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM