GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 16:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 05:56
Does anyone have any stats on the conversion rate for Round 1 Waitlist candidates for Rotman?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 07:28
1
lukachiri wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am having second thoughts about 'Major of Interest' field under Academic Plans section of the application. At this moment I am unable to decide whether I want to focus on 'Financial reporting and Analysis' or 'Sustainability' as my major. Either of these choices will subsequently change the 'Post-MBA function' and 'Industry of interest' as well.
I am aware that I can choose my major later during the course i.e. after completion of first year. However, I am worried how much weight this choice of major will have on selection process at Rotman.
Kindly advise if anycan help and guide in my matter.

Posted from my mobile device


Tagging sheiquiroga who is a current student for her inputs.
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Location: Canada
GPA: 3.38
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 16:13
lukachiri wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am having second thoughts about 'Major of Interest' field under Academic Plans section of the application. At this moment I am unable to decide whether I want to focus on 'Financial reporting and Analysis' or 'Sustainability' as my major. Either of these choices will subsequently change the 'Post-MBA function' and 'Industry of interest' as well.
I am aware that I can choose my major later during the course i.e. after completion of first year. However, I am worried how much weight this choice of major will have on selection process at Rotman.
Kindly advise if anycan help and guide in my matter.

Posted from my mobile device


I don't think it matters a lot. As far as you can justify and align your interest, short term, long term goal during your interview.

Unless you indicate you want to do consulting, but your GMAT is only 600, then that might not be aligned since MBA admission committee know that most major consulting firms will probably look at your GMAT score when they recruit, so if you cannot have good score and you say you want to go to consulting, that just doesn't sound realistic. But in reality, you can do whatever you want. Most important is to get in first.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 09:49
Hey guys, Badly need help with a couple of things.
1. One of the my supervisor who I named for submitting recommendation is not receiving the mail for filling out the recommendation form despite of several resend attempts from my side.
2. I have completed Bachelor's as well as Master's degree, however, the supplemental items sections has space of submitting only one document.
can anyone please help? pushpitkc? Turns out their office is closed till the R2 deadline.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 09:57
pankaj200887 wrote:
Hey guys, Badly need help with a couple of things.
1. One of the my supervisor who I named for submitting recommendation is not receiving the mail for filling out the recommendation form despite of several resend attempts from my side.


pankaj200887

You can check with other recommenders and obtain the email address from which they got the recommendation forms. You can then ask your other recommender to add that email id to the address book and retry the process?

Quote:
2. I have completed Bachelor's as well as Master's degree, however, the supplemental items sections has space of submitting only one document.
can anyone please help? pushpitkc? Turns out their office is closed till the R2 deadline.


In the worst case that you don't hear from the adcom before the R2 deadline, I suggest you attach both the documents into one and submit that. If that is not possible, go ahead and submit the Master's degree.
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Location: Canada
GPA: 3.38
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 16:13
1
pankaj200887 wrote:
Hey guys, Badly need help with a couple of things.
1. One of the my supervisor who I named for submitting recommendation is not receiving the mail for filling out the recommendation form despite of several resend attempts from my side.
2. I have completed Bachelor's as well as Master's degree, however, the supplemental items sections has space of submitting only one document.
can anyone please help? pushpitkc? Turns out their office is closed till the R2 deadline.



1. You should ask them to check maybe junk mail box? If not, just change another email address then.

2. I did bachelor and master too, I just merged them all together. But after I submitted, admission committee asked me to also give transcript in original language besides English version. So make sure you have original language one

The R2 deadline is extended to Jan 14th per the automatic email I received on Dec 19th. Read below as the email I received:

Thank you for contacting the Full-time MBA Admissions Office at the Rotman School of Management.

There will be a delay in our response to your email due to the volume of inquiries as a result of our upcoming round 2 deadline of January 7, 2019.

A note about our Round 2 Deadline on Monday, January 7, 2019


The University of Toronto will be closing its doors for the holidays for two weeks, beginning Friday, December 21, 2018 until Monday, January 7, 2019 — which just so happens to be our Round 2 deadline.



If you have questions concerning your application, we are happy to extend the deadline for you by one week until Monday, January 14, 2019.



For those with general inquiries, please refer to our FAQ page and admissions requirements page as this should help answer some of your questions.

Transcripts and documents mailed to us during this closure, will be processed once we return to the office.

We look forward to responding to your e-mail the week of January 7, 2019.

Regards,

Full-time MBA Admissions Team
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2018
Posts: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 03:51
Hey !

Has anybody submitted the application for R2 recently ?
I am trying to submit the application for some time now but its shows an error.
"" There was an error, please see the system administrator! ""
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 07:19
1
lukachiri wrote:
Hey !

Has anybody submitted the application for R2 recently ?
I am trying to submit the application for some time now but its shows an error.
"" There was an error, please see the system administrator! ""


lukachiri

This is a very specific error and I am not sure if others have experienced the same. Your best bet is to reach out to the admission committee ASAP and get this resolved. Did you write to them already?
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2018
Posts: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 07:50
workout wrote:
lukachiri wrote:
Hey !

Has anybody submitted the application for R2 recently ?
I am trying to submit the application for some time now but its shows an error.
"" There was an error, please see the system administrator! ""


lukachiri

This is a very specific error and I am not sure if others have experienced the same. Your best bet is to reach out to the admission committee ASAP and get this resolved. Did you write to them already?


workout

Yes, I have emailed the admission committee. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.
Thankyou :thumbup: !
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 02:51
Hi,

I am currently completing my Rotman application for R2. In the application, in the Demographics section, we need to fill the Status in Canada and I am not sure what I will enter here.

I am neither a Canadian citizen nor do I have a PR. I will ofcourse come on a Study Visa but I am not sure what date should I put in the 'Date of Landing' option. Please suggest what I should enter there.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 03:26
2
akshay1301 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently completing my Rotman application for R2. In the application, in the Demographics section, we need to fill the Status in Canada and I am not sure what I will enter here.

I am neither a Canadian citizen nor do I have a PR. I will ofcourse come on a Study Visa but I am not sure what date should I put in the 'Date of Landing' option. Please suggest what I should enter there.

Thanks,


Date of landing can be end of July 2019. I'm not sure what option i'd chosen but if nothing applies to you you can choose "Others/ Study Visa"- if there's an option like that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 03:55
Thanks for your help!

Pokerking wrote:
akshay1301 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently completing my Rotman application for R2. In the application, in the Demographics section, we need to fill the Status in Canada and I am not sure what I will enter here.

I am neither a Canadian citizen nor do I have a PR. I will ofcourse come on a Study Visa but I am not sure what date should I put in the 'Date of Landing' option. Please suggest what I should enter there.

Thanks,


Date of landing can be end of July 2019. I'm not sure what option i'd chosen but if nothing applies to you you can choose "Others/ Study Visa"- if there's an option like that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.8
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 06:21
How long does it normally take for the admissions committee to deliberate and send out interview invites? I have received my interview invites for my other 2 schools (sent within 2 days of submitting the application). I need to know ASAP. Is there anyone that can direct me to a support person that might know? Or do I just contact my adcom?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 23:10
pankaj200887 wrote:
Hey guys, Badly need help with a couple of things.
1. One of the my supervisor who I named for submitting recommendation is not receiving the mail for filling out the recommendation form despite of several resend attempts from my side.
2. I have completed Bachelor's as well as Master's degree, however, the supplemental items sections has space of submitting only one document.
can anyone please help? pushpitkc? Turns out their office is closed till the R2 deadline.


am facing the same issue with the recommendation request mails yet to reach my referees. Although, I have written to the Rotman team, am yet to get a concrete reply except for the automatic one. :?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Location: Hong Kong
Schools: Haas '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.09
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 16:23
kungfury wrote:
How long does it normally take for the admissions committee to deliberate and send out interview invites? I have received my interview invites for my other 2 schools (sent within 2 days of submitting the application). I need to know ASAP. Is there anyone that can direct me to a support person that might know? Or do I just contact my adcom?

Thanks!


hiya,

when did you submit your app? I submitted on 7 Jan on got the interview invite this morning (16 Jan), but also looking back through this thread people have said a few weeks is quite normal.

if all else fails, am sure if you ask adcom they can give you more insight.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.8
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 16:26
stetarbe wrote:
kungfury wrote:
How long does it normally take for the admissions committee to deliberate and send out interview invites? I have received my interview invites for my other 2 schools (sent within 2 days of submitting the application). I need to know ASAP. Is there anyone that can direct me to a support person that might know? Or do I just contact my adcom?

Thanks!


hiya,

when did you submit your app? I submitted on 7 Jan on got the interview invite this morning (16 Jan), but also looking back through this thread people have said a few weeks is quite normal.

if all else fails, am sure if you ask adcom they can give you more insight.

Yeah I applied on the 4th of January and haven't heard back yet. I contacted the adcom and they told me to wait. Maybe it'll come this week!

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 20:51
all how do we contact the adcom of Rotman??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.8
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 06:17
Bn1509 wrote:
all how do we contact the adcom of Rotman??

Posted from my mobile device


On the Rotman website under "Contact our Admissions Team" on the right hand side.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Location: India
GPA: 3.32
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 04:57
Guys does anyone know the average GRE for Rotman? Did any of you guys get into Rotman based on your GRE by any chance? Kindly do let me know :please
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 06:31
Any Indian round 2 applicants received an invite for interviews yet?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 21 Jan 2019, 06:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16    Next  [ 303 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.